Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Apex Veiko

What would be the worse game universe to be stuck in?

What do you consider the worst universes to live in from a video game? Some of my picks are Dark Souls, Resident Evil, and probably Half Life 2.

Having recently beaten the game for the second time, I know I wouldn't want to get stuck on Subnautica's Planet 4546B...

On the top of my head, I can think of two:

Dead Space - Humanity was born to simply be biomass for a horrid all consuming specie that is beyond our abilities to destroy, we can only try to hide. Dying by them is gory and nightmarish. Meanwhile society is succumbing to a cult influenced by these things.

Warhammer 40k - There are many games so it should count. 99% oh humans live terrible lives, worse than slaves from our past. Dying is no better as the only afterlife is essentially hell. Xeno species don't have it much better.

18 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

Sims.

I call a flag on this, because you can't use the universe we currently live in as an answer.

I guess off the top of my head, I would say the world of Blasphemous. Blighted by a Miracle, inhabited by monsters and the humans clinging to what used to be their lives. All accepting their penance, and being thankful for the Miracle and its divine influence. If they were punished by the Miracle, then it was Just, and only acceptance and bearance of their fate will allow them peace.

So I'll call a flag on myself as well.

10 minutes ago, Jello said:

I call a flag on this, because you can't use the universe we currently live in as an answer.

It's clearly not the same universe dude. In Sims, everyone is doing boring monotonous crap while speaking in incomprehensible gibberish and.... I withdraw my comment.

12 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

It's clearly not the same universe dude. In Sims, everyone is doing boring monotonous crap while speaking in incomprehensible gibberish and.... I withdraw my comment.

Exactly. There's the lucky few that manage to get out of the pool before the ladder is deleted, or don't get walled into a bathroom after the toilet gets removed.

Probably Pong. You're forever stuck in a void, playing the same simple game over and over and over and over and you can't even die.

Resident Evil would be sick, WDYM? As long as you can jog faster than a octogenarian with a walker  and can shoot center mass on a extremely slow target you can survive most if not all of the RE games. 

Aren't there only like a few hundred human beings left in the universe in Iron Lung? That kinda sucks.

The worst universe would be Terraria. Think about it - do you want to live in a small house designed to fit the bare minimum needs as an NPC, while next to 20 other houses with 20 other people, and you can never eat, sleep, or drink, forever and ever with no escape? Would you want to go through Hell and fight a giant wall of flesh or face off with increasingly large eyes as a player?

58 minutes ago, Master O said:

oh yeah that one is extra bad.

25 minutes ago, Cammy said:

Aren't there only like a few hundred human beings left in the universe in Iron Lung? That kinda sucks.

Nah, probably over a million at least. Humanity had already colonized the stars. Anyone in space (space station or space ships) during the rapture is still around. Barring any other complications, humanity can simply decide to re-colonize a planet. The fact that the remnant humans are using convicts in suicide missions suggest that there are still plenty of bodies to throw around too.

this one is already bad enough as is mate i dont think it can get any bloody worse

3 hours ago, Jello said:

Exactly. There's the lucky few that manage to get out of the pool before the ladder is deleted, or don't get walled into a bathroom after the toilet gets removed.

it always astonishes me just how the vast majority of people that try that game are so quick to go straight to murder and psychological torture, usually out of boredom. Says something about our species I think.

If you look at Sims as a multiverse where each save is a different timeline, its not all that bad though. Crime is cartoonish enough that you can get a criminal career from the newspaper, anyone can truly achieve anything they work towards, and death and mortality is hardly a concern, given the supernatural elements and how many ways there are to keep young or to revive family from tragic accidents, and all the premade family dramas likely get smoothed over by a benevolent guiding force and lives generally get better

That overall timeline ended in an interesting way though; Sims 1 2 and 3 all shared a timeline, with 3 being the first (which makes technology and human rights going *backwards* rather odd; maybe we can blame the time machines in 3 for that), and the PSP version of Sims 2 being set after 2; in this game people start becoming aware of the green crystals that guide people's lives and hinder others. One woman had the classic psycho player direct her to cause the deaths of all her husbands, and shes traumatised by it, while the game's villain resented having his life bettered by an outside force, and he turned into a supervillain to wrest control of the world back from this outside force. The series got rebooted with Sims 4, ending that timeline, so I like to think eventually, the outside force's control (us) was severed entirely.

18 minutes ago, realjohnmadden said:

The worst universe would be Terraria. Think about it - do you want to live in a small house designed to fit the bare minimum needs as an NPC, while next to 20 other houses with 20 other people, and you can never eat, sleep, or drink, forever and ever with no escape? Would you want to go through Hell and fight a giant wall of flesh or face off with increasingly large eyes as a player?

You must not have played it for a long time, because they reworked all of this :p I have no involvement in this though, I was only there for the first stage of NPC reworks when they started talking to each other and defending themselves with weapons (I chose quite a few weapons for them :D)

These days, they get unhappy if living in cramped quarters, and have to be divided up all over the world in proper homes in biomes they prefer, and there is indeed eating, sleeping, even pooping on the toilet at this point.

14 minutes ago, Devalaous said:

even pooping on the toilet at this point.

poop mechanics.

2 minutes ago, Naarok0fkor said:

SSI's Dark Sun or Darkest dungeon...

I was in a dark dungeon before. That was not a good time. Just stuck to my bottle of liquor. Was pretty lonely.