Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas, you filthy animals.

Here in england we'll be enjoying the lovely snow settle on our calm Christmas day.

Yes i'm lying.

Grazza - aren't you in Minnesota? (go Wild!) You've never had a white xmas?! :)

There's no snow where I am in Ontario either. Fine with me.

Going to a Xmas party tonight. It's going to be awesome.

TimeOfDeath said:

There's no snow where I am in Ontario either. Fine with me.

IIRC he's only lived there for about a year. Still, that's a bit odd. Even I've had a couple white Xmases here in Washington, though they brought all the troubles that snow around here usually brings.

TimeOfDeath said:

The last two years I was away from home for Xmas Day itself. And before then I didn't live in MN.

I've experienced a couple of very white New Years in Minnesota, such as this.

Technician said:

I don't know how bad your winters are, but it's a God-send when you essentially cut your winter in half.

Well, temperatures in mn right now aren't too out of the ordinary, but they are above average. It's the lack of precipitation in general. Summer was rather dry here as well, with mild temperatures to boot, which I enjoyed quite a bit.

For me anyway, cold without snow is just...wrong. I mean the lakes are all froze over as one would expect, but they're all just sheets of glass. And I'm going to say this, if you ever get a chance to find a frozen body of water without snow cover, find a nice rock that fits in the palm of your hand and give it a good side armed toss so that it just slides and slides across the lake the entire time loudly echoing across the entire lake the most annoying noise you can imagine. You do not get the opportunity to do that too many times in life. haha

Grazza said:

The last two years I was away from home for Xmas Day itself. And before then I didn't live in MN.

I've experienced a couple of very white New Years in Minnesota, such as this.

That blows, i wish we could get similar weather down here around December. Then again, last time that happened we got an ice storm along with it that knocked out my power for 3 days, yuck. All were getting this year is sleet and rain.

Merry Christmas!

Wow, there's a lot of replies. I didn't expect as much as I can see now.

Question: do you eat stuffed cabbage on Christmas? In my country, there's a tradition that we eat stuffed cabbage. Personally, I don't like it at all, however, it's not bad sometimes.

I think it's not a popular tradition abroad, but I'd be surprised if somebody does it.

Katamori said:

Question: do you eat stuffed cabbage on Christmas? In my country, there's a tradition that we eat stuffed cabbage. Personally, I don't like it at all, however, it's not bad sometimes.

My grandmother makes a ball of something that is hamburger mixed with rice wrapped in cabbage. I like it.

No stuffed cabbage at Christmas here. Last time I ate something like that was a few years back with teh cabbage rolls (rice and hamburger wrapped in cabbage leaves) done up in some tomato sauce stuff but never at Christmas. We always have roast turkey on Christmas day with assorted pies and stuff with the occasional mincemeat tart and sausage roll, etc..........

Katamori said:

I think it's not a popular tradition abroad, but I'd be surprised if somebody does it.

We don't for Christmas, but sometimes my mom and grandma do on other days. I've never been a fan of the stuff myself.

Our Christmas lunch/dinner usually consists of turkey, homemade stuffing, mashed potatoes, and other goodies. This year I also plan to bake us an apple cinnamon cake and maybe, just maybe, some bara brith bread.

Quast said:

Yeah, this is really really wierd tbh. I have never had a non-snowy, non-cold christmas. This will be the first year i've ever seen anything like it...I mean it's rather warm, 35-40 fucking degrees and nothing but leafless trees and brown grass outside.

It's seriously depressing.

I see that you live in Minnesota Quast. So do I, and here in Duluth we have snow :3

It's probably due to the lake though, so we have an unfair (but beneficial) advantage.

It's past midnight here in South-East Australia - Merry Christmas one and all! Before going to bed I'm setting a few death traps for Santa, as payback for only getting socks and ties last year.

bytor said:

I want socks and ties!

ohhh yessss my precioussss sockssss

I myself prefer ties. Not only do they look good with a suit, but if you have enough of them you can wrap them around your feet and have socks as well! Ties are truly the universal clothing.

Katamori said:

Never had it but it sounds terrible. Cabbage is only good when stir-fried. We used to do a traditional dinner with roast beef or ham, but my mom realized that we like cannelloni more, so we just started eating that instead. We have a fancy dinner for Thanksgiving, anyway.