Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

On 2/22/2024 at 10:38 PM, Devalaous said:

That sounds like 'hOOters'

Its present in the Heroes megawad as well.

Thank you, this absolutely was the one! I remember it being uhhhh much more impressive than it actually was, I guess.

On 2/24/2024 at 10:01 PM, Romh said:

Thank you, this absolutely was the one! I remember it being uhhhh much more impressive than it actually was, I guess.

...the map or the nudity? 'Yes'

On 2/23/2024 at 5:53 PM, ReaperAA said:

Apologies for the request but can you make Unity port patches for the 1000 Lines 2 and 3 as well (mainly saying since you already added support for the original 1000 Lines CP and adding the 2nd and 3rd wads would complete the trilogy)

1000 Lines 2 seems to work perfectly as is, all it needs is a DMAPINFO lump for the level select. 1000 Lines 3 crashes instantly.

4 hours ago, Devalaous said:

1000 Lines 3 crashes instantly.

Sad (because I think 1000 Lines 3 is much more polished than the first 2 imho)

I am guessing it might be due to DeHacked changes. 1000 Lines 1 and 2 don't have any changes afaik.

Hi fellow players, I have a specific wad in mind, but I don't remember the name

-it is something recent probably (last two years?)

-the style is some abandoned city, first map being terminal for airplanes? there were two toilets in first building, male and female but both were closed.

-I watched some lets play video on youtube which featured the wad, but cant find it in my history

-probably 5-20 maps , but not sure.

-used a lot of non-vanilla assets

Found it: it was Grime by Eduardoandfriends

Edited by Sokoro

[solved by Mad Butcher]

Absent since May 2023, @runydummy posted a few maps on DW in early 2023. The link for just another base level is broken.

Does anyone have this map? Thanks in advance!

Edited by Zoti

Can someone help me find a recent-ish community project based on the idea of changing anything except the monsters for the maps' difficulty settings?

Just noticed this thread, looking for another map I saw a long time ago but can't remember much about it. I think it was a slaughter map with huge and long corridors kind of like a labyrinth which every end of them would go underneath to some huge room to fight with monsters, I remember also a huge open room that had sculptures? Greek stuff? and Reventants on walls of stairs/boxes? Every upper layer room and corridor was connected so if you waited long enough they would all come to the same place. Thanks.

Another one, does anybody remember a "kind of horror" wad in the woods where you have to find keys I think to get to an house? It was a huge single map I believe and I tested it only a few months ago. Thought about it last night and can't remember the name at all. Thank you.

On 3/22/2024 at 10:53 AM, CacoKnight said:

Another one, does anybody remember a "kind of horror" wad in the woods where you have to find keys I think to get to an house? It was a huge single map I believe and I tested it only a few months ago. Thought about it last night and can't remember the name at all. Thank you.

The All-Ghosts Forest?

I know the name, zdaemon city remastered and associated wads.  Googling brings up broken links.

zdcity_rm_b101
zdcity_zdpatch
zdcity_hqmusic_1
zdsskinsv3b1

On 3/7/2024 at 3:47 PM, janiform said:

Can someone help me find a recent-ish community project based on the idea of changing anything except the monsters for the maps' difficulty settings?

That description sounds like "What is Health" by AstroX. One of the project rules was that, regardless of difficulty, the number of monsters remained the same, but the amount of health and power-ups would be changed.

Not exactly "trying to find this specific WAD", but does anyone know more information on this exact WAD? I remember downloading it back in 2023 (not sure where exactly, probably on a random Zandronum session but I seldom play MP or while hanging around Doomshack). I've inspected the WAD on SLADE to no avail regarding who made it or at what year/date it was released, etc.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, taufan99 said:

Not exactly "trying to find this specific WAD", but does anyone know more information on this exact WAD? I remember downloading it back in 2023 (not sure where exactly, probably on a random Zandronum session but I seldom play MP or while hanging around Doomshack). I've inspected the WAD on SLADE to no avail regarding who made it or at what year/date it was released, etc.

This seems to be cobbled from several different wads, from clues inside the WAD itself I could identify the source of the following levels:

MAP02 through MAP06, MAP09: Knee Deep ][ - Bloodbath

MAP19 through MAP27: jcm1-16.zip

EDIT: Should've searched more thoroughly, looks like it's from the COBRA2 series of compilation wads, specifically part 4 which can be downloaded from this link:
https://archive.org/download/pure-doom/Pure Doom.zip/DOOM2%2FWADS%2FCOBRA2_4.ZIP

Edited by Andromeda

Posted (edited)

[Edit : solved by VVL, thanks]

Hi,

Absent since June 2023, @the b posted demonizam.wad  & Escapeb.wad .

Does anyone have this maps?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Zoti

On 3/27/2024 at 6:41 AM, Andromeda said:

This seems to be cobbled from several different wads, from clues inside the WAD itself I could identify the source of the following levels:

MAP02 through MAP06, MAP09: Knee Deep ][ - Bloodbath

MAP19 through MAP27: jcm1-16.zip

EDIT: Should've searched more thoroughly, looks like it's from the COBRA2 series of compilation wads, specifically part 4 which can be downloaded from this link:
https://archive.org/download/pure-doom/Pure Doom.zip/DOOM2%2FWADS%2FCOBRA2_4.ZIP

Very late reply but thanks!

Posted (edited)

I played this in one server by using doomseeker about 5-10 years ago. Someone tells me the server game usually mix different sorts of packages, so I'm not sure it is even a mod or sth others. I'll recall the details as much as I can. If you know anything about this mod or package plz tell me the keywords.

The game includes 3 types of gameplay, their main goal is the same, just defend the core of base from hordes of monsters. Killing monster will gain exp and money, with enough exp the player can get one upgrade point to unlock new perk or weapons. The money allow player to buy powerful items such as berserker, megasphere, supercharge etc. The 1st type of game is a small map which player can get upgrades automatically, the 2nd type is in a bigger map, players need to choose the upgrade manually, the 3rd one is the most interesting since the map is huge, besides, it adds many functions like buildings/research/upgrade to unlock more powerful things, and in late game player even can summon orbit cannon, buy mechas, in HQ the players can switch 1st person shooter camera to a 3D building map.

This is all I can remember, I recently recall this mod these days but when I searched on-line I found nothing about it...I'm pretty sure it is not Stronghold.

The author even creates an electronical board in the 3rd map which says he is developing a newer version of the map.

PS: I found it, it the Shotgun Frenzy, a wad supported by skulltag.

Edited by ldx1202

I'm trying to find 8pack by the author of the two Real World WADs. It was taken out of idgames because it was replaced by Real World, but I am not able to find the original wad anywhere.

Posted (edited)

[Edit : solved by Mad Butcher & VVL, thanks]

Hi, i'm looking for the map Panik room, its author has been absent since feb 2023 !

Thx in advance.

Edited by Zoti