Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ribbiks

Slaughterfest 3 [Beta_C released, 05/08/2017]

Outrageous Videos said:

Hello I would like to submit a map. It's one of my first maps I am confident in. How do I go about submitting it?

Here are some screenshots
https://imgur.com/bWw2VgR

https://imgur.com/5xJrr3E

https://imgur.com/raDssvL

https://imgur.com/CJ6PgW9

If you just upload it to dropbox/yousendit/whatever and link to it in this thread, that's pretty much how we submit stuff.

You should test your maps in prboom-plus (at complevel 9) though, btw. That's the target port/compatibilty for this project. SF is a very open project, but incompatibility with prboom-plus has kept maps out of the project before now.

Kudos on becoming more confident in your mapping.

It's a pretty simple map by community's standards. Compare it to the other submitted stuff and you'll see that it probably won't be accepted due to the basic visuals and rather easy gameplay. Here is my playthrough if you want to watch it. It looks like the arch-viles are pretty much the only serious threat in this map. The rest of the monsters infight too much and can be avoided very easily since there is so much space provided. I'd say you should try experimenting with more complex gameplay situations because flat arenas aren't particularly clever.

Memfis said:

It's a pretty simple map by community's standards. Compare it to the other submitted stuff and you'll see that it probably won't be accepted due to the basic visuals and rather easy gameplay. Here is my playthrough if you want to watch it. It looks like the arch-viles are pretty much the only serious threat in this map. The rest of the monsters infight too much and can be avoided very easily since there is so much space provided. I'd say you should try experimenting with more complex gameplay situations because flat arenas aren't particularly clever.

Ok thank you for your feedback also what soureport were you using for the playthrough all I got was you getting killed by the spider mastermind and then retrying and running into a wall and shooting at nothing so it's not a prboom demo

I knew I has missed something from that second update, so here is hopefully something close to a final version of blue shift.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/74k1eyzt979bwyh/bshiftv3.wad

Fixes the issue with one of the secrets demonologist picked up (twice :P)
Added the difficulty settings and multiplayer starts at least.

Also I thought I would contribute one more thing (likely to replace one of my poor earlier efforts).
Uprising
http://www.mediafire.com/download/rndu8acj98x3955/Uprisingv1.wad

A bit of a tribute to a classic hell revealed map, the aim to make something completely different to blue shift. Hopefully this isn't too unfair.

Haha, I'm not the only one to actively admire Resistance is Futile it seems.

Cool map, couple of deaths were enough to get a grip of the situation, never found it to be unfair or anything. Basically, I can't even find things to complain about.

And please don't replace anything, I personally quite like both Firestarter and Wavebreaker. There are far less convincing maps that could use replacement should the need in that arise.

Guys, I'm having some serious issues with map 32. I have no clue how to avoid getting telefragged and also, are you supposed to get the BFG in the beginning? Because you CAN get it, but it looks like the creator of the map didn't want it to be accessible so early.

I'd just like to hear some good hints about how to play this map, or at least survive the first few minutes. The furthest I've gotten was to the red key room, then I got telefragged again.

Hi everyone!
Im not sure if there's any place for new levels, but I would like to introduce to you my 2nd level I've ever made:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/2966eu99ade22/The_tower
I think its a pretty hard level, I havent done the difficulty settings yet, I'll finish that later. If anyone has any idea about this level, or found any kind of graphic or gameplay bug, feel free to leave a comment about it. You can even modify the level as you wish, and then send it to me
(ninehills42@gmail.com) or just put the link in your comment.
Thank you!

PS: Here, have some screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/3Frn5

ArmouredBlood said:

map25 - chaos slaughter, solarn - Besides needing 4 different texture packs to get all the textures to load in db2, I think the 2 stairs fight is really tight on ammo if you want to kill all the cacos. The 'sewers' fight is also a little low on health, and without the secret, low on ammo too. I think these might be intended to be run through and then come back with the bfg later, if at all. I can't really test the last few fights because of the texture issue, it's just too distracting.

Late-as-fuck reply: I have no idea what the problem with the textures is, I just used the Slaughterfest texture pack and didn't merge the textures into the wad because I figured they'd get merged in when the full megawad is completed.

The side areas weren't fully done when I stopped working on the map (sorry by the way, shit happened and I forgot about Doom for a while), although I really only planned to adjust the "sewers" fight, I generally don't have a problem with the stair one. To be honest, a few extra medkits in the sewers is pretty much what I'd have done anyway, so thanks for sparing me a few clicks.

hi there. It appears as though your map wasn't designed for boom-compatibility, I noted some flats being used as sidedef textures, and vice versa. This project isn't for zdoom, so in order to submit a map it would need to be designed for and playtested in prboom-plus instead (or comparable port).

Ribbiks said:

hi there. It appears as though your map wasn't designed for boom-compatibility, I noted some flats being used as sidedef textures, and vice versa. This project isn't for zdoom, so in order to submit a map it would need to be designed for and playtested in prboom-plus instead (or comparable port).

Im on it, thank you

rdwpa said:

What if you get exclusively negative feedback?

It depends on the feedbacks, for example if more details were needed, i'd make more details.

Ribbiks said:

Hi, here is the boom compatible version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4u5qrl559684mx5/The_Center.wad
Ill make my 'The Tower' map boom compatible too.

Come on guys, wasn't this thing pretty much done, like, 4 months ago? Don't you wanna see some damn demos so that you'd have an excuse to consume a year's worth of popcorn not only due to DC's and Marvel's stuff? Really?

What's left to do? Having problems with lower difficulties? Send the problematic maps my way, dammit, I'll figure something out or become a part of brainstorming if necessary. Retexturing? Well ffs, I think this is the last problem that should concern minds at this point, nothing in the latest beta and some high-polished maps afterwards was truly ugly afaik. Running through everything again, checking for broken stuff and bugs? No problem, I can be one of those runners again.

Sooooo?..

I found a bug on map12. I don't know who's is tracking bugs but I thought I'd raise it. Tested using prboom-plus 2.5.1.4 on sf3_b5b.wad. Four sectors 333-6 are mistakenly tagged as secrets, those tiny sectors are clearly part of teleporter sides and not intended as secrets.

Demonologist said:

Come on guys, wasn't this thing pretty much done, like, 4 months ago? Don't you wanna see some damn demos so that you'd have an excuse to consume a year's worth of popcorn not only due to DC's and Marvel's stuff? Really?

What's left to do? Having problems with lower difficulties? Send the problematic maps my way, dammit, I'll figure something out or become a part of brainstorming if necessary. Retexturing? Well ffs, I think this is the last problem that should concern minds at this point, nothing in the latest beta and some high-polished maps afterwards was truly ugly afaik. Running through everything again, checking for broken stuff and bugs? No problem, I can be one of those runners again.

Sooooo?..

Ribbiks is probably busy and no one, or at least I don't, want to step in and end it. I barely check dw right now anyway.

@martian which color key? Are you sure you found them all? check the map in doombuilder if you can't find it.

Since this is getting some sort of attention again and I noticed my map links are dead, I decided to go over them with a fine tooth comp again and fix any small errors I found as well as reupload them to a more permanent location.

Here's the links:

GO HERE

EDIT: Hopefully these links work right. OneDrive has been freaking out on me for the past few days...

If someone wants to demo on these and upload it or provide some feedback, I'll gladly view it and discuss. In regards to SF3 as a whole, I would like to see this project wrapped up for good. It's been sitting around for too long now, and if nothing come of it at some point it would be a disappointment to me, and probably other mappers as well. (also, we need to get started on SF4 at some point right? xD)

Rayzik said:

Hopefully these links work right. OneDrive has been freaking out on me for the past few days...

Sadly no :I I click on them and nothing happens, and wtf is up with the length of the URL? Holy shit that's the longest I've seen ever.

https://rpkqxq-ch3301.files.1drv.com/y3mzFqGFv_yMFTaIJ1kbonrOIFdc2e4gSHdW7cEV9JWAepPMYOGI-q6L7NYdekp13GlkVtcjDGU_W5ADlCqG8IEX6sTSE18jKS2VMzwJP-ZRTj4k1GBTG6m6cM0S3KrCmNgVcJ6NQ5a4sdYvhoOBK4xzw/DesecrationFinal.wad?download&psid=1
:?

@martian which color key? Are you sure you found them all? check the map in doombuilder if you can't find it.
[/quote]

There is one secret that requires all 3 color keys and the others require a red skull key, which does not exist on the level. The only key that exists there is the yellow skull key.

I was afraid of that. It's been spitting out garbage links for a few days now and I haven't any idea why. I'll dick with it some more after I get off work today.

mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

There is one secret that requires all 3 color keys and the others require a red skull key, which does not exist on the level. The only key that exists there is the yellow skull key.

I assume your playing the latest beta posted in the OP, because their is a red skull key in sector 1407.

I think the only disappointment for me was the lack of pompous final map and overboard amount of silly gimmick maps. Other than that, I think there is no reason not to release it even though it will be probably worse than sf12.