Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

bombs interrupt boston marathon

Clonehunter said:

thus a mater o time before GTA is banned, if it hasn't been already in the past hours

Who gives a shit about a shit game, srsly?

It does seem likely that his older brother was probably the "mastermind" behind the attacks. Here's his (alleged) Youtube account. Everything I've seen about the younger brother suggests he's probably just some dumb kid. I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone along with it because of some kind of brainwashing by or adoration for his older brother. Regardless, the most dangerous of the two is probably dead at this stage.

Sounds like his older brother was the lucky one. If this kid is captured alive, he'll probably spend the rest of his live in Guantanamo Bay or a similar place, before he's executed. He's probably shitting bricks right now.

Kontra Kommando said:

Sounds like his older brother was the lucky one. If this kid is captured alive, he'll probably spend the rest of his live in Guantanamo Bay or a similar place, before he's executed. He's probably shitting bricks right now.

I have no sympathy for kids who set up bombs in public places.

I don't have much to say about this case other than it's very sad to see how it's unfolding, my heart goes out to the victims, and this whole armchair detective internet culture is frightening... The mainstream media in general has lost it's credibility, time and time again they prove this.... and the way they're covering this case is making me feel uneasy, fuck, the way they cover every tragedy makes me feel uneasy.

Heard he was possibly seriously injured as well, and undergoing treatment now. Hope he lives. Real damned shame he turned out to be (or so I've heard) a 'Muslim extremist.' :/

schwerpunk said:

Heard he was possibly seriously injured as well, and undergoing treatment now. Hope he lives. Real damned shame he turned out to be (or so I've heard) a 'Muslim extremist.' :/

Did anyone call Adam Lanza a "Catholic Extremist"?

No, because that would be politically incorrect.

Csonicgo said:

Did Adam Lanza kill for reasons related to his religion(at least as far as the investigation into his motives has yielded)? If not, that's why they didn't call him a Catholic extremist.

Anders Behring Breivik did however, which is why they branded him a right-wing Christian extremist.

Caffeine Freak said:

Did Adam Lanza kill for reasons related to his religion(at least as far as the investigation into his motives has yielded)? If not, that's why they didn't call him a Catholic extremist.

Yet the media looked for links to "Islam" mere hours after the bombing.

Csonicgo said:

Yet the media looked for links to "Islam" mere hours after the bombing.

Maybe because of the history there? It would be far from the first time an attack against the US has had motivations rooted in Islamic extremism.

It's not like people wouldn't immediately suspect Christian extremists if an abortion clinic exploded. And it wouldn't be because of any bias either, it'd be because there's a history there.

Netherstorm said:
Weird how the attacker would target a marathon...hmm.

The marathon was dedicated to the victims of the Sandy Hook shooting, which is what started the gun control law initiatives. Some of the relatives were there at the marathon. After the attack, the gun control bills were postponed or shelved, which may indicate the terrorist attack managed its objective.

myk said:

The marathon was dedicated to the victims of the Sandy Hook shooting, which is what started the gun control law initiatives. Some of the relatives were there at the marathon. After the attack, the gun control bills were postponed or shelved, which may indicate the terrorist attack managed its objective.

Which gun control bills are you referring to?

One of the most prominent proposed gun control bills, the Manchin-Toomey amendment, was defeated (not shelved or postponed) in the US Senate two days after the bombing.

Secondly, as both suspects and their mother are confirmed to be devout Muslims, it seems likely at this point that their motivations lay in Islamic extremism (although authorities haven't yet commented on the motives of the one surviving suspect).

http://abcnews.go.com/International/boston-bomb-suspects-mother-young-son-obeyed-big/story?id=19014490#.UXWoX8pQqJo

Since when are Islamic extremists so zealous about fighting against gun control laws in the US?

myk said:

After the attack, the gun control bills were postponed or shelved, which may indicate the terrorist attack managed its objective.

Fuck, so the gun advocates also have the mafia by their side now.

Caffeine Freak said:
Secondly, as both suspects and their mother are confirmed to be devout Muslims, it seems likely at this point that their motivations lay in Islamic extremism (although authorities haven't yet commented on the motives of the one surviving suspect).

If you trust a legal system which now denies basic legal rights and where one suspect is dead and the other in poor conditions. If you think a Chechen would be perpetrating attacks against the US after what Russia did to them. If you think anyone interested in the effectiveness of such an attack wouldn't provide "evidence" to make scapegoating and case-muddling easier.