Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Jaxxoon R said:

Oh yeah Linguica, don't forget that Sonic Robo Blast apparently recently added Zdoom's skybox system. I'm not exactly sure if it's the exact same code, but it's worth looking into.

EDIT: AND Zdoom's TEXTURES lump format.

I believe those to be independent implementations.

Still, the only way to know for sure is to have a look through the Robo Blast source, or ask the developers themselves for clarification.

Kappes Buur said:

This is now 7 years old, but it might do

How did you make this, if you don't mind me asking?

Both Linguica's and Kaapes Buur's graphs look like generated by Graphviz. (although I'm not 100% certain about the Kaapes Buur's one)

I don't know what this is going to be yet, if anything.
Using the gothic texture pack, the general theme is supposed to be some sort of crypt.

Marnetmar said:

How did you make this, if you don't mind me asking?
re: Doom_engine_genealogy.png

I didn't make it myself.
It was made by GhostlyDeath and posted in 2008.

Unfortunately I cannot find the thread anymore.

mikeo007 said:

I don't know what this is going to be yet, if anything.
Using the gothic texture pack, the general theme is supposed to be some sort of crypt.
http://i.imgur.com/fl3pHFZ.png

Looks good! I like the use of that window texture on the ceiling. Makes it look like the sun is lurking outside!

It's been awhile.. Here's MAP19: Mourning Palace

There's a lot of ground to cover in this map, so these screens are only of some of the more prominent areas. I had a lot of fun making this map, it was a challenge to transpose it from my dream into doombuilder.

A couple screenies of my first Heretic map. I haven't had this much fun mapping in a long time.

mrthejoshmon said:

I found out how to make text screens.

Teach me, sensei...

scifista42 said:

Please make it less dark.

Brighten your monitor :D. But yeah I see your point. I'm mapping from my TV, which is much brighter than my other displays. The screenies do look dark on those ones.

Hot damn that looks nice. The second one looks like it would be right at home in Crumpets or Sunlust's middle maps.

Awesome, darkreaver. IMO, the texture variety, coloring and lighting is just as perfect as it can be for the given architecture, which itself is great, and everything else too.

So about 2 months ago, some of you will remember I made a fairly decent looking start area for a DMP2015 map.

In those 2 months, I've been making progress at blisteringly fast speeds. Brace yourselves for the map layout

Yeah that's right, in those 2 months I added a WHOLE square! And the best bit is, I might delete it anyway :D
(getting terrible deja vu here :P)

You should just get drunk. That way you won't even care what shape it is. You'll get a map in no time~

Eris Falling said:

In those 2 months, I've been making progress at blisteringly fast speeds. Brace yourselves for the map layout
http://i.imgur.com/6o4F47Pl.png
Yeah that's right, in those 2 months I added a WHOLE square! And the best bit is, I might delete it anyway :D
(getting terrible deja vu here :P)

Don't worry! Be happy!

Well, I'm kind of in the same boat. I'm still mixing and matching textures. So far I have one 16.000 by 16.000 square, and a few sectors inside. :p

TraceOfSpades said:

I am the epitome of maturity.

http://imgur.com/BmRHJc8

I chuckled :(

Rayzik your map looks solid bro. The whole entrance there looks like something from diablo 2, really cool stuff.

If you are interested in using that in a bit of a mapping project, PM me!

Got bored at work during a slow period, so I doodled a monster I thought of that is like a shadow hybrid of an archvile and an imp. Imp height, ranged attack like an imp, just a lot faster and higher damage. Can ressurect low tier monsters, cannot do the summon hellfire attack. Large hands with elongated fingers like an archvile. Also has a clawing melee attack.

TraceOfSpades said:

Got bored at work during a slow period, so I doodled a monster I thought of that is like a shadow hybrid of an archvile and an imp. Imp height, ranged attack like an imp, just a lot faster and higher damage. Can ressurect low tier monsters, cannot do the summon hellfire attack. Large hands with elongated fingers like an archvile. Also has a clawing melee attack.

http://i.imgur.com/3xPpBNi.jpg

I like the idea, a bridge between monsters, like the arachnorb's in valiant, the perfect bridge between lost soul and cacodemon. You might be on to something here!

Protester said:

I like the idea, a bridge between monsters, like the arachnorb's in valiant, the perfect bridge between lost soul and cacodemon. You might be on to something here!

Why, thank you! I've also never played valiant. Maybe I'll give it a shot.