Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Suitepee

JohnSuitepee's Doom wad/mod requests extravaganza 2017! (THE LIST IS FINALLY COMPLETED)

I'll throw out this Skulltag era curveball, in Swan Fox:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4p2zWkJEFFtTktMYnE3eXBpQ28/view?usp=sharing
(will require the skulltag_content2.1a.pk3 file with Zandronum, found here: https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6242 )

This is a MegaWAD that breaks all the rules of sane mapmaking, and the resulting trainwreck is fascinating to watch unfold. It was also a prime inspiration for TerminusEst13's Demonsteele, so what's not to like?

I dropped you a PM earlier today, but was wondering if you would be open to beta-testing the update to Skulldash on stream. If you wanted to see the 2015 release of Skulldash, click here. Please PM me for the beta copy. :)

Hell Revealed 2. Because I mention it in practically every steam you do, & I'd be lying if I told you I'd rather watch you play anything else more than this.

Oh, better get this in quick:

Can't Run From Evil

I really enjoyed this set of four large maps, which focus on exploration and conservation, but with plenty of action also (oh, and they look pretty nice). The set didn't seem to make much of a splash when it was released though, and it's easy to overlook, so I feel it merits a little limelight.

Just quickly bumping to mention that today is the last day that you can request stuff for this.

Whenever I wake up tomorrow on March 1st is when I'll compile all the requests and choose the ones I want to play.

Alright, no more requests please!

Thanks to everybody who made wad/mod requests; that was quite a lot there, and I was expecting more people to pick the same thing (only 2 wads received 2 votes), instead of everyone having their own single requests.
I will be compiling and choosing which ones to play today (hopefully), and I'll put up my final list on my livestream channel description as well as on here when it's done.

A couple of requests to respond to in this thread:

Szymanski said:

Please play map07 of this wad to feed my narcissism. I'm interested to see what you make of the gameplay (its mostly low level trash) which is best played at speed.
https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/d-f/endgame

I'm going to count this as a request for the wad 'End Game', which means your map would get played (if chosen) alongside the other 7.

Jaws In Space said:

Hell Revealed 2. Because I mention it in practically every steam you do, & I'd be lying if I told you I'd rather watch you play anything else more than this.

I hate you for requesting this.

cannonball said:

Looking at the list, I see one classic from the recent past that you haven't done.
Epic 2 by Eternal, a great 32 level map set mainly set in Egypt but there is an Alien themed episode which sits in the middle, vanilla but looks good and plays fairly well with a mix of map styles, some slaughter and some eternal doom size maps in the mix.

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/megawads/epic2

As I see that Loveless has suggested one of mine, I would say there is a episode 2 follow up that I released at the end of last year if you are interested.

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom/Ports/g-i/hadrone2

Going to count this as a request for Epic 2.

Ancalagon said:

Since I don't have any other wad in mind I am going to suggest dark tartarus because it's the best wad.

Sorry, but due to insufficient evidence of DT not being full of stupidly hard encounters, I'm still not going to consider it for my list. Thanks to Solarn for taking the trouble to play through it on UV to see what it was like, but I'm not convinced for the moment. Maybe in the future....

TheMionicDonut said:

Rebirth1.Was, but only after the midipack is done.

Reason is it's a fantastic megawad with a new midipack

Do you mean this wad? https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/megawads/rebirth

I've decided to do a livestream this evening (at around 6pm GMT) to help filter these requests. Hopefully I've just now managed to acquire all the correct wads/mods to look at.

Well, after doing my livestream tonight I was unable to actually reject ANY of the requests in this thread/the Youtube video, so here's my final list of Doom wads and mods for me to play over the next few years:
-------------------------------------------------------
Top of the pile to play first (2 requesters each):

- Bloodstain (roadworx & Voros)
- Whitemare 2 (Kingdime & mrbengaltiger1)

Single map requests:

- Awakening (vdgg)
- Chapel of Chaos (Glaice)
- Crimson Horizon (Paul977)
- dead.air (Solarn)
- everennui's map (everennui)
- Happy Time Circus I & II (Demon of the Well)
- Impure Offering (Cynical)
- Lego Base (4shockblast)
- Miasma (dobu gabu maru)
- Plasmaplant (Soundblock)
- Redux E2M4 (Jaxxoon R)
- Return to Necropolis WIP (an_mutt)
- The Void (Ichor)
- Travelling to the moon (The_Trigger aka Yugiboy85)
- Water Treatment Plant (PinchySkree)
- ZPortal (DeathIlustrated)

Megawad/other map requests:

- Beyond Reality (toby ott)
- Can't Run From Evil (durian)
- Castle Heng (7hm)
- Demon Fear (Mike Menzel)
- Deus Vult 2 (bemused)
- Disjunction (floatRand)
- Doom 2 The Way Id Did (AD79)
- DWANGO9 WIP (joe_ilya)
- End Game (Lee Syzmanski)
- Epic 2 (cannonball)
- Ever Shrine (alterworldruler)
- Foreverhood TC (MTX1996)
- Good Morning Phobos (Impboy4)
- Hell's Memento (Goober13md)
- Hell Revealed 2 (Jaws In Space)
- Hellraiser Doom TC (BZPlasma)
- Memento Mori 2 (Nevander)
- Neodoom Gold (Tactical Stiffy)
- NIHILITY (Urthar)
- No End In Sight (Breezeep)
- Osiris (Steve Duff)
- Panophobia WIP (tourniquet)
- Pepper (Killer5)
- Plutonia Revisited Community Project (scotty)
- Project Einherjar (Impie)
- Psychophobia (chrisko power)
- Realms of ZO0N WIP (Jimmy)
- Rebirth1.was; awaiting midipack (TheMionicDonut)
- Return to Hadron (loveless_tv)
- Revenants Only Halloween 2016 Doom Mod (Voltcom9)
- Sacrament (Crusader No Regret)
- Skulldash WIP (Dragonfly)
- Swan Fox (NuclearPotato)
- Swim With The Whales (Don_Corleone_)
- The Journey (Bdubzzz)
- The Sinister Seven (Doomkid)
- TNT: Revilution (Obsidian)
- Ultimate Simplicity (Memfis)
- Urania (Spectre01)

Mod requests:

- Aetherius w/ Hellbound (LordMisfit)
- Complex Doom w/ Scythe (rdwpa)
- Demonsteele w/ Plutonia (SeriousCacodemon

Awesome, I made the cut!

Just a heads-up, since you're using a ZDoom variant, make sure that when you play Impure Offering that you set the stairbuilder method to Boom. If you don't, you'll get stuck later on in the level (the wad wasn't compatible with Zandro at the time of release for this reason -- it didn't emulate the Boom stairbuilder logic correctly).

(Also, I really DID spend a shit-ton of time on the difficulty levels, so if UV is too hot to handle, try HMP or HNTR.)

Suite, there's one other big issue with playing Happy Time Circus 1 and 2, and it's not because of the maps themselves, but because of a bug in the stable 2.3.2 version of GZDoom where gravity settings in specfic sectors aren't saved when reloading a game. HTC 1 and 2 rely on a lot of these to clear specfic sections, so you'll need to get a different version [@ http://devbuilds.drdteam.org/gzdoom/gzdoom-x64-g2.4pre-198-g02cfdbc.7z is a version that should at least have the gravity issue fixed].

I'm not sure if any other maps on the list have gravity alterations, but this is going to be a necessary download for playing Happy Time Circus 1 and 2 at least. >.>

LordMisfit said:

Suite, there's one other big issue with playing Happy Time Circus 1 and 2, and it's not because of the maps themselves, but because of a bug in the stable 2.3.2 version of GZDoom where gravity settings in specfic sectors aren't saved when reloading a game. HTC 1 and 2 rely on a lot of these to clear specfic sections, so you'll need to get a different version [@ http://devbuilds.drdteam.org/gzdoom/gzdoom-x64-g2.4pre-198-g02cfdbc.7z is a version that should at least have the gravity issue fixed].

I'm not sure if any other maps on the list have gravity alterations, but this is going to be a necessary download for playing Happy Time Circus 1 and 2 at least. >.>

For some reason this download doesn't work for me, but thanks for making me aware of the problem.

Installing a proper extractor (7zip) helped, thanks for this LordMisfit! I might try to play HTC 1 & 2 around October time.

Bumping this thread for 2 reasons.

1) Bemused has changed his Doom wad request from Deus Vult 2 to 'Experiencing Nirvana'. Reason: "was just amused by the 9 year olds wad and it reminded me u havent experienced nirvana yet" (as quoted from MrZzul's twitch chat, 14th October 2017)

2) With the above in mind, I guess I will allow anyone to change their request on my list if they wish to do so. Only those who have requested things on my original list can ask for a change though, no new requestees allowed.

At some point I will also spend a good chunk of livestreaming time working through my huge request list properly, although I'm getting the odd one done here and there. (two will be done now due to Ironman League, and I plan to do another one around Halloween....)

Bumping this thread again (sorry!) to briefly mention that I have allowed Ancaalagon's request of Dark Tartarus to be added onto my list, despite it being previously rejected on this very thread last year.

At the time of this thread last year I wasn't keen on playing DR due to its ultra-hard reputation, but after some discussion with Ancaalagon this evening in 42PercentHealth's chat and him mentioning about meaningful difficulty implementations (especially on HNTR/HMP), I've decided to reverse my decision and allow his original request to stand.

This doesn't mean other people can request stuff, since Ancaalagon did technically request Dark Tartarus at the time of the original thread, but I just didn't allow it at the time. I'm now overturning my previous decision and adding to the list, playing on HMP difficulty (and possibly HNTR for some maps).

Other people who have requested stuff on the list previously can still change their picks if they so wish.

Oh joy, another shameless bump.

Two more people have changed their requests this very evening during the recording of Suite State #11; bemused now wishes for me to suffer play Flotsam (instead of Experiencing Nirvana), and loveless_tv changed his request to Experiencing Nirvana (from Return to Hadron).

It still stands that anyone who made a request on the list (who's wad has yet to be played) can still change their pick at anytime.

I think I speak for everyone when I say you should play Swim with the Whales using the mods Gloom Busters and Wobbly Shaders.

Just kidding, of course. Have fun with all of the requests!

A year-long bump you say? Well, with some good reason behind it. (kind of)

With @tourniquet changing his long-standing Doom wad request from Panophobia into a gifted game on Steam known as Blasphemous.....my request list finally stands empty for the first time in 3 years! Huzzah! (also @dobu gabu maru is saved from having to be asked when Panophobia is coming out every time he pops in now...maybe!)

https://gyazo.com/a940fd89f6e661520635f23d8f74d4b3

Thanks to everyone who requested Doom wads on this list. It was a fun ride, mostly.

Now onto future matters; I will currently NOT be accepting any new Doom wad requests, and I'll be talking more about future Doom wad requests in 2021 during my first "Suite State" of the year in January.

But needless to say, a new Doom wad request list (and Doomworld thread) will appear one day in the future. So hold on to your requests for then. ;)