Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marcaek

Super Mayhem 17! Now on Doomworld file listing\idgames

Speedmapping ready to go in 15 minutes, will run for 3 hours. Join in #doomtwid on irc.oftc.net if you feel like talking about it in realtime.

It's not absolutely mandatory, but I'd like to put an emphasis on snow and lava maps for this given the majority of grass and desert maps we already have. Friction effects are ok, just be smart about how you use them!

Snow maps, you say?

The music's from E1M8 of Heretic. As tends to be de rigueur for my map releases, it's currently got no difficulty settings and is in dire need of testing. Bite me.

Rainbow Road (beta). Short (62 enemies!) and intense map set in one main arena. If anyone happens to play this before the deadline i'd love to know what you think and if you came across any issues. Difficulties not implemented yet.

If some element of progression isn't obvious (ie a teleportation area), that will most likely be made more obvious later once i sort out some proper textures for the floating linedefs that dominate the map.

At this point i just want to get it submitted and make sure it plays ok and there's no major graphical fuckups... it was a hell of a lot of work getting this thing working nicely graphically with all the fake floor abuse going on!

*not tested in Boom yet due to time restrictions, i'll get around to it*

DOWNLOAD

41CZX2m.png

Uyw7u4U.png

Return to the Birabuto Kingdom, a psuedo-sequel to birabuto.wad

This map is decently difficult and was balanced mainly for skill 3. The others skills exist but may have issues regarding monster placement or ammo shortage/excess that I missed. People expecting the same exact thing as my previous map should be warned as the gameplay is very different; rather than blazing through the map, you'll have to be careful about approaching corners, as there's a lot of times you can easily be ambushed if you're not careful. You also have to be careful with how you use your weapons, at least for the first few minutes of the map. Should keep you on your toes, hopefully.

Alright all mappers, I'm allowing people to continue working on their maps into the testing phase, but of course remember that any time you take now cuts into potential testing time: If your maps aren't fully sorted by the 15th i'll either make minor adjustments or leave them as they are. You can still request extension for certain circumstances beyond your control just let me know.

I'm also going to require that anyone with unfinished maps who are continuing to work on them post whatever WIPs they have now, in whatever state they're in so I know what to expect.

mo' screenshots (1):

4Yc2VB4.png

this is the goat house

where all the goats live

also i may accidentally be one of those barstigs who's still going to need to work on it post-tomorrow, but i'm cranking through it anyway so it won't be a catastrophic amount of work left.

Skyward Vivarium

Music: James Paddock - 30in30-3 - Lawnmower Marmalade.mid

Notes: Difficulty levels, coop monsters, automap cleaned

Bugs/mistakes: Probably

Media

OznYVee.jpg

More stuff to come with both of these maps, but Im getting them on the record

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cz7aametaublypt/TMD-Pipe.wad?dl=1
Mapname:  Down the Wrong Pipe
Music: N/A

Mostly done, but talks with Marcaek and co leave me wanting to change the orange pipe encounter, somehow

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cqhlonvfpug1dik/TMD-171.wad?dl=1

Mapname:  Untitled
Music: N/A

Still needs the last 30% of layout and most placement (p1 start provided) and stuff should fall together quickly.  Will do stuff tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Angry Saint said:

Still waiting for some comments on mine...

We all are still waiting for map comments, i think all the feedback we can have is at the compiled source testing?

11 hours ago, Scotty said:

Rainbow Road (beta). Short (62 enemies!) and intense map set in one main arena. If anyone happens to play this before the deadline i'd love to know what you think and if you came across any issues. Difficulties not implemented yet.

If some element of progression isn't obvious (ie a teleportation area), that will most likely be made more obvious later once i sort out some proper textures for the floating linedefs that dominate the map.

At this point i just want to get it submitted and make sure it plays ok and there's no major graphical fuckups... it was a hell of a lot of work getting this thing working nicely graphically with all the fake floor abuse going on!

*not tested in Boom yet due to time restrictions, i'll get around to it*

DOWNLOAD

41CZX2m.png

Would love to play this, seems to have a texture error in prBoom+ though, with HSTEPB01 not found. Tried both the latest texture pack and the one before it. 

8 minutes ago, Breezeep said:

Just posting this to let everyone know that I'm actually working on my map.

bre_m17_wip2.PNG

The thing limit is 256, I think.

43 minutes ago, rdwpa said:

Would love to play this, seems to have a texture error in prBoom+ though, with HSTEPB01 not found. Tried both the latest texture pack and the one before it. 

Hmm...

HSTEPxxx are extra textures i am using outside of the resource pack, they are in the map wad file, HSTEPB01 is definitely in there. I've just had a look into this and i'm still not sure why it won't load in Boom, some quirk i don't know about?

ZDoom allows you to use multiple TEXTURES1 lumps at once, but with classic behavior, those override each other, so you can't use more than one texture resource wad. 

1 hour ago, rdwpa said:

ZDoom allows you to use multiple TEXTURES1 lumps at once, but with classic behavior, those override each other, so you can't use more than one texture resource wad. 

Ah, i see. So, here's a 'standalone' version of the map that is playable in Boom until i have organised the necessary textures for the resource pack with Marcaek. This standalone map doesn't have the right palette or assets but it is at least useable for now. Download!

PS - whoever sorted out the RBOW textures and flats (i assume rf?), thank you! I did not notice them before.

Edited by Scotty

Vivarium is cool Pinchy, but the revs at the start get stuck pretty much immediately for whatever reason. I was killed very late in the map so I'll have to give it another go for a proper test.

Did anyone make any sky based levels with clouds n' pipes n' platforming n' shit yet?  I see things like deserts, lava, snow, grass, castle, cemetery, and space so far.

edit: that's right, i remember seeing the sky-ship, but i was thinking of a full-blown cloud level.

edit2: i see the deadline is july instead of june, interesting... maybe I can find the focus to whip something up in a month.  Though, it's one thing to have the time to do something and another to have the attention span with it to channel creativity for extended periods of time in excess to everything else we are trying to pay attention to in your daily lives.  Also I've been enjoying playing doom lately too much to build maps for it.

Anyways... I'm pretty excited for this project and hope it turns out well.  Good luck on your maps!

Edited by NoisyVelvet

1 hour ago, NoisyVelvet said:

Did anyone make any sky based levels with clouds n' pipes n' platforming n' shit yet?

The level I'm scrubbing up at the moment now jumps between the clouds and grasslands partly in response to there being so much green, but it's designed to be a very short level — an opener. A full-blown castle-in-the-clouds type level would plug the thematic gap very nicely.

OMGITSSTILL15RIGHT?

Spoiler

ZxK1YP3.png

xbHmVeW.png

JStsjU5.png

NXb7ROd.png

8DxGFFL.png

gAuiHKO.png

Name: Cool Cool Shotgun

Music: Super Mario RPG Forest Labyrinth and Super Mario World 1-1

A litttle about the map: Snow level with lots of ice! Also, it technically breaks rules since the exit is outside the size limit... But it's a very small area, so I hope it's ok.

Nice that we're getting more variety in environments now. I love the looks of that goat house one.

I have no answer to the revenants getting stuck, I just moved them sideways a bit and now they move. I also found a sky transfer missing so added that.

Skyward Vivarium V0.97

Edited by Pinchy

@Gothic Really love this one. Always wanted to run around on a mario 3 airship like this.

I would change the lego switches to "on/off" switches. I'm familiar with the texture set and even I had trouble telling they were pressable at first.

@Marcaek are we doing intermission text for this or is it just gonna be a big wad o' mario-themed levels?

Edited by Impie