Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maisth

Steam sales

On 6/23/2017 at 6:24 AM, antares031 said:

classic.png.542fba687adf8da7668e75b9419314e3.png

Bought some classic games, thanks to steam sale. That's all for now.

That Raptor port is by DotEmu who are notoriously shit at their job.

I almost purchased the 2015 edition on Steam until I read several reviews advising me to stay very far away from it. Had a blast with the original when I played it. Blowing up things is extremely satisfying, and I love the weapon upgrades. Good stuff.

Edited by Ajora

1 hour ago, CARRiON said:

That Raptor port is by DotEmu who are notoriously shit at their job.

Indeed, it was not the good port at all. But at least I managed to replace the soundtrack to way better one from YouTube.

I would recommend getting The Witcher 3 - Game of the Year Edition and Life is Strange. Insane price tags for amazing games.

I'm confused. Usually something jumps out at me during these sales, but this year around so far nothing has. At the moment I'm eyeballing Steins;Gate (presuming the steam version doesn't have any cut content) and NieR:Automata but both are just still a tad too expensive for me, since funds are a little tighter than expected.

I suspect if I don't buy anything else I'll probably end up picking up one of those games, though.

EDIT: Actually hmm Neptunia VII is dangling a pretty nice price drop in front of my face, but I'm still yet to actually complete Re;Birth3. I also noticed Overload is at a price point I'm comfortable with, but I have reservations about buying Early Access games.

Edited by InsanityBringer

Dragon's Dogma turned out to be pretty decent. Some of the side quests are trash with the whole kill so many rats, wolves, goblins, etc... I'm annoyed at seeing the obvious 3 groups of boulders everywhere. The combat is pretty good. The inventory is kinda clunky. The loot could be more interesting. I wish the NPC pawns wouldn't pick up stuff they don't actually use like the health stuff. Somehow it manages to be fun. Guess I like the dungeons / ruined places and beating the hell out of goblins.

Last night I bought Grim Dawn.

Should grab the Witcher 3 and save it for later. I still have the first Witcher to finish and to play the 2nd game.

I bought the Atari Vault. I regret it. 100 Atari games... but none of the classics. Well except Yarr's Revenge and Breakout. Breakout is near unplayable with a controller. The Activision 2600 bundle from the PS2 era is much better. Since its been around 30 years since I've gotten any 2600 games, I discovered more than half of the boxes just never had screenshots on them.

7 minutes ago, kaleb. said:

worth every penny

nice.png

One of the few masterpieces on Earth

Been somewhat late on the sales, but today I bought the following:

Every Hexen-Heretic I was missing (unfortunately not Heretic 2 since it was not on Steam)

Every Quake game

Resurrection of Evil for Doom 3

Master levels for Doom 2

Final Doom

Strife Veteran Edition

Rocket League (just to goof around)

I spent like 30 euros and got many games overall, which I really liked. Last summer, I had bought with 36 euros the whole Eidos Anthology (worth just for Deus Ex, Thief, Tomb Raider and Hitman alone). I guess I love the Steam sales.

Currently got:

Quake 2007 collection (all but Q4 which is fine by me)
Sonic CD

Arx Fatalis
Heavy Bullets
Portal 1-2
Resident Evil HD remaster
Serious Sam 2

Will be getting next:

Max Payne bundle (1-2)
Max Payne 3 complete
Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy (III, Vice City, San Andreas)
Rise of the Triad '13

You niggas who don't have Doom 2016 yet need to get it while it's hot!

Edited by DooM_RO

12 minutes ago, DooM_RO said:

You niggas who don't have Doom 2016 yet need to get it while it's not!

Its weak as compared to the ...

2 minutes ago, geo said:

If I'm not mistaken its the only $50 shmup around.

yup... I think it's usually @ 45$ by now though. Still, the reason I held off on buying it is that it's not a danmaku for the most part, but less than 20$ I can live with for that much content.

On 29/06/2017 at 2:25 AM, DooM_RO said:

You niggas who don't have Doom 2016 yet need to get it while it's hot!

Aw yiss, I finally got it. Now if only I could run it...

I just finally finished sticker collection :") no new games in this summer sale for me. 

Grabbed the following during this sale:

Serious Sam:Bogus Detour

Duke Nukem 3D 20th Anniversary World Tour

Streets of Rogue

Dragon's Dogma, Grim Dawn and The Witcher 3 (as I mentioned earlier).

Before the sale ended I grabbed Drakensang (played it before but it was really cheap), Black Desert Online and Bioshock Infinite.

That stuff should keep me going for awhile.

I bought Diehard Dungeon + Ducati World Championship. The gem that I ended up finding is Death Skid Marks. I'm actually going back to it and playing it.

Diehard Dungeon is a Zelda 3 clone if there was no story and it was all random dungeons with no real cohesion just random rooms. I like it. Ducati World Championship is a bland motorbike racing game. You go all over the world racing races... in arenas with the same assets. Its from a decade ago. I'm lucky I got it to work with XP compatibility enabled.

Oh and my friends bought me more crap because they like to.

Bought Hexen + Heretic Collection, Postal 2 Paradise lost and Postal 1 and a bunch of trading cards.

Eeeeehhhhhhhh

2ymwrgg.png

I just played the original Bioshock and saw there was a sale. I technically already played Bioshock 2 (first one in the series I played) but It's been a while. Will have to see if anything piques the interest. I'm currently without equipment to play modern games so I'm mostly eeeeeehhhhhhhh