Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
exp(x)

Custom avatars not functioning again?

Ichor said:

Heh no, it was something else. I meant a few months before they broke.

It took time to sink in. :D Like when you lose your arm and you don't notice it because you don't see it yet. Yeah, exactly like that. :D

leileilol said:

telefragged/ugo's php upload was broken universally, doomworld wasn't the only victim

It was that powerful of an incident!

kristus said:

I used to be that oldschool. But I got sick of it.
I'll just stick with this customly Admin supplied avatar.

It's a 256 color PNG, so there's no quality loss going to GIF. I changed it for you.

Bloodshedder said:

Maximum avatar dimensions changed to 48x48.

Thanks!
Also, is it forbidden to upload real gory images, similar to what we see in MAP27: Monster Condo, but not from Doom?
Or satanic imagery?

printz said:

Thanks!
Also, is it forbidden to upload real gory images, similar to what we see in MAP27: Monster Condo, but not from Doom?
Or satanic imagery?

Just use your noggin. If it's against the forum images policy, that obviously extends to avatars. Let's just say this : if your avatar can't be safely viewed in a work-place, then you probably shouldn't have it.

Whee now I can finally change to the avatar i've been using on all the other doom forums I frequent :P

Bloodshedder said:

Ehhh...why? Now all the sizes are weird.

Use3D said:

36x36 is pretty friggin small when you think about it. 48x48 is still small but it's easier to make stuff out. Don't worry we won't ever go to 125x125 300K animated GIF avatars or anything.

Use3D said:

It was my suggestion to go with something like 50x50, since that (or 48x48) seems to be the size a lot of messengers like AIM use, so there's already massive libraries of images that size available that people can leech from without having to be hassled about resizing.

Bloodshedder said:

Ahh..Now this is much better. :)

Linguica said:

36x36 is pretty friggin small when you think about it. 48x48 is still small but it's easier to make stuff out. Don't worry we won't ever go to 125x125 300K animated GIF avatars or anything.

Yeah, now we don't have to play "guess the tiny blob of color". Though I'll miss that game... ;_;

Danarchy said:

Yeah, now we don't have to play "guess the tiny blob of color". Though I'll miss that game... ;_;

We can still play it with Psyonisis.

Hooray for slightly larger and marginally improved Q3 style Lost Soul.
vs

I always wanted my own fish something black with angry looking red eyes and spikes, I might try my horrible artistic talent on one of the other avatars :p

Or maybe an skullfish :)

size may be an issue if it is larger than 48 X 48 or some of the other things mentioned in the recent announcement post. Or is it an usupported pix format?