Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rich

Tribute to Magikal

This is indeed bad news. I can't say I knew him well, but we exchanged a few e-mails and I certainly recognised him and his style around these forums.

My condolences to his family and friends. Despite the fact the news took a while to surface, he will be missed.

This is sad and shocking news. I wondered about his absence, especially at the time Community Chest was released, but presumed he was busy with other things.

I searched for more information via a web search, but all I found was a fragment cached on Google (the original page has gone):

Talented magician found dead at foot of viaduct
... TRIBUTES were paid last night to a magician who was found dead at the bottom of a North-East railway viaduct. Kevin Reay, 45, originally from Hartlepool, was ...
www.thisisconsett.co.uk/the_north_east/ news/NEWS11.html - 24k - Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages

Hmm, Shaviro's link isn't working for me.

Grazza quoted

Talented magician found dead at foot of viaduct
... TRIBUTES were paid last night to a magician who was found dead at the bottom of a North-East railway viaduct. Kevin Reay, 45, originally from Hartlepool, was ...
thisisconsett.co.uk/the_north_east/ news/NEWS11.html - 24k - Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages

Hmm...that doesn't sound good. :/

I was wondering where he'd got to.

It's a shame that, he was one of the more sensible people around here, and a master of 3D bridges as well as demos. He was even from the same town as me - what were the chances of that, eh? (and of course I'm the only north east DooMer left now)

Rest in peace.

(ps: the news article doesn't work at all, in fact the site seems to have vanished)

No way. I can't believe it... He was such a cool person. :( I didn't know him well, but damn, I'm in shock. I usually saw him here...

RIP Magikal.

EDIT: Crap! I just realized that he signed my guestbook a while back!

BlackFish said:

He suicided? Why would he do such a thing?

You misread the article. They did not say he commited suicide.

They held an inquest and could not determine what happened.

RIP, Magikal.

I never really knew him, but saw him posting around here every now and again. Always sad to see another doomer go :/

Wow, I'm totally speechless... he was one of the most honest person that I've known on these forums. cata.wad was very intense in gameplay as well.

This is a major blow to the Doom community. I hope he rests in peace.

Sheesh, well there's nothing we can do now but hope for the best.

But I believe that he has had enough experience from playing Doom that if he were to go to hell, we have nothing to worry about ;)

R.I.P. Magikal

Damn, this sucks. Third doomer I saw in ANNOUNCEMENT threads on top here in the past 9 months.

May this dude rest in peace. :-/

On his site, that pic in upper left corner was his avatar, right?

This really does suck and I'm saddened by this bad news and his passing :( I first talked to him on Romero's forums quite some time ago. He seemed like a real nice guy and I liked what I saw whan I played his cata.wad Goodbye Magikal. :(

Me, and Macvilewhole send out our regards to Magikal and his family... Its always tragic news to hear that another Doomer passes on... :'(

I dont want to sound funny or else, but does anyone remember this?

Doom will never die; only the players. (or something like that)

Anyway, i didnt knew him, but i understand the pain of everyone. May he rest in peace.

I dont know who he is but thats shitty news....
My Condolences to his family and everyone who was close to him.

Hmm, I always though a viaduct was one of those places where the highway splits up and goes all kinds of ways, like the Nally Valley Viaduct near Tacoma (not like anyone knows what I'm talking about).