Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

Doomworld Mega Project 2013 - 54 maps - /idgames link

Well, now I just feel plain stupid! :P

EDIT: FIXED BELOW!

As far as adding D1 textures, I think the D2 textures work just fine, for now. Some of them I actually prefer over the D1 textures. I suppose I could do so in a later update, if I ever get the chance.

Alright, here is my wad!

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/vk42ug63q1py6zq/Incarnate.wad

Description
Level name : Incarnate
Author(s) : Netherstorm
File Size: 898 KB
Build time : 5 days (I built on this wad 6 months ago, but never got it finished before)
Editor(s) used : Doom Builder 2, SLADE, XWE
Source Port: Doom II (ZDoom Compatible)
Playing Time: 11-13 minutes
Music track : E1M2 midi, MAP16 midi from Dwango 12.wad, random vg midi
Playtesting : I took a long time touching up on anything that was bugged or any HOM effects showing, ect.
Bugs : Near the beginning of the map, one of the scripts may not execute which then the player cannot continue the map, if this happens just restart the game and then it should work! Spider-mastermind corpse may float in mid air after death, snake imps in sewers may skid on the platforms after death, if you don't collect the red key in the sewers (which is stupid of you if you didn't) you cannot continue with the map if you teleported back to starting area because you can't go back to the sewers.
Inspiration : My imagination!
Author's Note : MAPINFO included for sky texture. Only one custom monster added into this which is 'Snake Imp', thus this wad also includes a DECORATE lump and a GLDEFS lump.

Screenshots:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1185621_453514744755964_980029436_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/996909_453514801422625_237279476_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1176338_453514848089287_1843277315_n.jpg

Not bad at all ;)

However, maybe you should rework the final area because these trees are quite anoying especially if you are running around with a rocket launcher.

Also, why do you put a soulsphere and a megasphere if they aren't accessible (unless I missed something...), is it just to troll the player or something? I did not need them or anything although maybe a soulsphere would have been nice since my health was quite low (I had to fight the cyberdemon with like 45-50% health, yet again I played this on UV).

Other than that, it was an ok map, just a few missaligned textures here and there but nothing big.

The_Trigger said:

Not bad at all ;)

However, maybe you should rework the final area because these trees are quite anoying especially if you are running around with a rocket launcher.

Yeah you know what, I'll go rework on that. Thanks anyway :).

Level name : Pazuzu's Revenge
Author(s) : Jeffrey Shark
Build time : Fifteen Minutes
editor(s) used : Doom Builder 2, SLADE

Music track : Custom
Playtesting : Nope
Bugs : Probably
Inspiration : The Exorcist
Author's comments : You are the little girl from The Exorcist. Ten years after being Exorcised, Pazuzu has come back to get revenge on you...and the world. You wake up one morning to find the world converted into a nightmare-ish hell and your house completely unrecognizable.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/jpp5c4slbljlbkz/pazuzusrevenge.wad

Should theoretically work in vanilla but I'll just say play it on a limit-removing port.

I wrote zdoom compatible for ClonedPickle's map because the crusher linedef is blocking the start door.

Tarnsman's map has a music file that is 4.5MB too big.

Enjoyed playing a few of these levels, so far! I like to play first on a wimpy skill level and then try UV later, so Green Hell turned me off a little by having 800 enemies on Hey, Not Too Rough, lol. enjoyed pcorf's map quite a lot.

Actually, I noticed not all the submitted wads were using custom music, just thought I'd ask whether any of the authors would accept a piece of general MIDI music written by me to compliment the mood of the level.

TimeOfDeath said:

I wrote zdoom compatible for ClonedPickle's map because the crusher linedef is blocking the start door.

Just fixed this. Link hasn't changed. I am a dumb.

Okay, so since I hit the music size limit for Pink & Purple and I don't want to concede the music since it makes up 2/3rds of the map's overall theme and atmosphere, I've actually decided that I'll continue developing it as either a standalone map, or one of my other projects, which will let me put together more of it and give me more time to flesh out its' gigantic layout and give it some more love.

However, I did cook up a speedmap which I feel would be a cool addition to the mega project, so here we go:

Language Barrier

Author(s): Kate Stone
Build time: 100 minutes
Editor(s) used: Doom Builder 2, SLADE
Source Port: ZDoom (tested on 2.7.1 just to be sure)

Music track: Custom (OGG Vorbis)
Playtesting: To fix ACS scripts.
Bugs: One flat, can't get 100% kills due to a scripting event.
Inspiration: 5in100 (I did say it was finished in 100 minutes, did I not?)
Author's comments: The monsters don't speak your language and you don't know how to speak Demon. That one imp that was pointing at the sky before being crushed by a giant Hello Kitty themed refrigerator did seem somewhat friendly, though, even though you couldn't understand a thing he said. Oh well, just go about your usual business and you'll be fine.

Name and File: Raiders of the Lost Shark
Author: Andrew "Minigunner" Rowlodge
Music: "Pamplona: Running of the Bulls" by... Chris Mead?
Time Built: 2.5 hours total; 3 weeks real-time
Map Type: Limit-Removing (sprites only)
Bugs: None as far as I know.
Additional notes: This is the first map I have completed in over 2 years, and the first vanilla map in over 5. Not that it matters, but I just wanted to throw that out here. :P

Name and File: Technecrosis
Author: Dan "Sgt Dopey" Townsend
Music: Smells Like Burning Corpse from TNT
Time Built: Can't remember
Map Type: Vanilla
Bugs: Don't think so.
Additional notes: I made this map last year sometime and never got around to releasing it

Thanks for all the maps so far!

Tarnsman, what do you want to do about the music in your map? I thought the map was a nice nod to Xaser's map.

Name: Postmodern Hydraulics
Author(s): Alfonzo
Build Time: 12 hours
Editor(s) Used: Doom Builder 2, SLADE
Source Port: Vanilla compatible

Music: "Riot Squadron", by Jimmy
Playtesting: Changes made only to visuals.
Bugs: Non.
Inspiration: There was probably an inkling somewhere.
Authors Comments: You've just arrived at Superzealand's tertiary oil field in search of former rig worker and confessed shrimp enthusiast Ceasar Wyngarde, now a disgusting tramp of a man who eats out of skips when he's hungry. Apparently he went insane after he fell down a derrick in the nearby oil reserve, and now he's threatening to turn the whole of the satellite into a demonic breeding ground. The demons aren't a problem, of course... but we can't have him pressing charges.

Find the bastard and put him down.

Name: Gothicy Beetle

Author(s): an_mutt

Build Time: 3 hours

Editor(s) Used: Doom Builder 2, SLADE

Source Port: Vanilla Compatible

Music: "Gravity Beetle Stage Theme" from Megaman X3

Playtesting: Checking for limits, fixing balancing issues

Bugs: None

Inspiration: GOTHICTX for visuals, and The Tango TV 5-in-100 series

Authors Comments: I followed along with the final mapping session of Tango TV, where the challenge was to make Spider Masterminds effective (something I have dreadfully failed at). While I had most thing placement and all of the layout and architecture complete within the 100 minute mark, I initially went about 30 minutes overtime to fix all of the tags and HOM effects that kept popping up, as well as balance the map and make it playable. After that, I said "fuck it" and spent another hour or so making things look un-shitty and actually playtesting the thing. Then I spent another bit of time adding multiplayer bullshit (even though I never planned on releasing it!) then I remembered this thread exists and other people are using it as the proverbial family fridge to tape their latest pretty crayon drawings to, so I figured I would do the same. That's the end of my story.

User(s) I copied this template from: st_alfonso

That one imp that was pointing at the sky before being crushed by a giant Hello Kitty themed refrigerator.

That a nyan cat reference?

Edit: thanks guys for making me look like I'm an idiot

I just wish I was good enough at fighting Revenants to enjoy the level >:3 *starts fifth attempt at not getting blown up by skeletrons*

I'm nearly finished ... just got to playtest, add a bit more length, fix some difficulty settings n I'm done. Prepare for a challenging level, people!

Name: Hell's End

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?vacn3gjpnzb83kn

Story: Hell has decided that you've just bit through the last straw. Now, you're stranded with only a Peashooter...

Inspiration: Speed of Doom Map30

Authors comments: I put some visual aids to help the player know where to go.

Compatible With: PrBoom (limit removing)

Bugs: if you play with -complevel 2, The fire-pillars don't lower for some strange reason...

No new music. No co-op or deathmatch. Forever alone...

EDIT: This was meant for one of my megawads called "Happy New Year! 2013" but then it stopped dead. Besides, my first Happy New Year! Wad was on MegaUpload before it was shut down.

If there are monsters on those pillars then it's likely they are stuck in the ceiling on vanilla complevels. This isn't an issue for other ports, just something to note when making vanilla maps in the future.