Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Reminds me of that map in Blood, the one based on a lumber mill with saws that looked similar to those.

Avoozl said:

Reminds me of that map in Blood, the one based on a lumber mill with saws that looked similar to those.

Heh, that's kind of where I got them from.

FuzzballFox said:

Oooh what kind of music are you putting in?

Haven't decided. I've currently got the Centipede Battle from American McGee's Alice as a placeholder, but I can't stick with it considering I don't have a MIDI for it.

Soundblock said:

Are they standard hurt sectors, or some fancy insta-hit magic? Looks neat.

At the moment I've got a crusher suspended over a voodoo doll to simulate getting hit by the blades, but I'm thinking of having a stationary invisible DeHackEd object that rapidly deals contact damage so I can make the map more multiplayer friendly. It's an idea I've wanted to do for a while now. :3

Will be a submission to Slaughterfest, probably rejected but I'll try anyway. Just because I want to redeem myself for my SF2011 entry which wasn't even slaughter.

mrthejoshmon said:

I think I like the 90's mapping style a little bit too much, my mapping now looks like it is from 94.

Hows that TPBM.wad coming along?

Looking better Jaxxoon. I'm assuming the green/rock area is from a 2D sidescroller?

BlackFish said:

Gives me an idea for the design of my (long off from being produced) key ambush gun. It fires keys, which sit on the ground and, when approached by enemies, suddenly summon friendly monsters.

Marnetmar said:

There's ... bad 90's mapping

http://i.imgur.com/9rxQfy7.png

(I was practicing outside ground detailing by combining complementary flats. :D As a sidenote, I like how the rock texture sort of looks like animal dung.)

Marnetmar said:

There's good 90's mapping and bad 90's mapping. I'd say yours leans more toward the good side :P

Thanks, it is nice to know that I may finally be getting somewhere positive with the style :)

Du Mhan Yhu said:

Hows that TPBM.wad coming along?

Getting there:

(MAP16, Xenex Corp Wares)

Just gotta find ways to make the all the areas loop around and conjoin with each other without making exploration redundant. At this point it is a super really linear level with a lot of extra parts slapped on, I'm thinking of having a way of opening up a teleporter network in the optional areas to make life easier after the yellow key area (Far top left area).

I also need to mess with gameplay and area detail, looks pretty bland but after all that then MAP16 will be done (as well as some reworking of previous maps to include some of the alpha assets I added such as bushes and textures/flats).

rdwpa said:

Looking better Jaxxoon. I'm assuming the green/rock area is from a 2D sidescroller?

Precisely. As a bit of context, the map's to be as part of a Zandronum deathmatch mod I'm working on. It's been a learning experience finding out the hard way what features old 'Zan doesn't support, but fun the same.

Avoozle's suggestion duly noted, I've also gone back and cleaned up the textures considerably. By the way, here's another area from the same map:

@mrthejoshmon: Looks intriguing, I'd assume it's a limit-removing or classic-esq advanced engine mod, yes?

@BlackFish: What is it? A sort of UAC Unmaker-equivalent? The sprite for it is quite nice, at least.

@Memfis: Like the color scheme, you wouldn't think gray and blue would work so well together, but seems you pulled it off. It just now depends on how long the map is and if the other rooms will keep looking fresh.

mrthejoshmon said:

I think I like the 90's mapping style a little bit too much, my mapping now looks like it is from 94.

I like good 90s maps and good 90s-styled maps, heh.

That is A_Railattack indeed.

@Jaxxoon R: That's the Expander from Duke3D. The lightning bolt is some fancy mod of it. The bolt is actually meant to enhance another samsara weapon (Thunderbolt) but I wanted to try it on the Expander for giggles.

Looks awesome!

Also, messing around using the jmickle's texture generator as base:

i don't even know what kind of thing is this.

walter confalonieri said:

i don't even know what kind of thing is this.

That looks like either A HyperFortress below Victorian Zimbabwe or A TechnoFairground around Rotting History. =p

Furthermore, rather "texture set generator". I don't see new textures here. Only a limited set of textures.

RNGPSY said:

friend's map i asked to post, been helping with new gun decorates

Looks pretty cool. Is that a recolored Stronghold auto-shotgun in the second and third screenshots?