Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Raikoh_Minamoto

What music reminds you of Doom?

Seriously, have you ever heard a song on the radio, and it just seemed to be made as a homage to Doom? I was listening to Duality from SlipKnoT (that's not a typo), and my mind completely switched gears and started imagining a bloody two-man war between myself and that dirty rat bastard Cyberdemon.

Also, listen to 'Home' from Three Days Grace while watching the FPS sequence from the movie. It's wicked.

Actually most thrash metal songs (eg Metallica) remind me of Doom monster-busting. In fact I first listened to Metallica in Doom levels, then I did the originals.

I heard the part of the song Berserker from Love Among Freaks from Clerks 1, so I d/l it to see what the whole song was like. The whole thing reminds me of a bunch of angry Doom monsters.

Slayer always reminds me of Doom. Probably because I always used to play them when I was younger when I was playing doom. Matter of fact, the two are almost inseperable in my head, for some reason.

Megadeth, Slayer, Pantera, and Alice in Chains for me. But maybe it's rather obvious why my mind associates those bands with Doom.

printz said:

Actually most thrash metal songs (eg Metallica) remind me of Doom monster-busting. In fact I first listened to Metallica in Doom levels, then I did the originals.

EarthQuake said:

Megadeth, Slayer, Pantera, and Alice in Chains for me. But maybe it's rather obvious why my mind associates those bands with Doom.

Same here... I played Doom long before I ever heard the real songs. At first, I didn't care for Slayer, but eventually it grew on me because I was so familiar with the game's versions and kept returning to the real music. I wonder just how much of an impact doom (and game music in general) had on my primary music taste being metal in the present day.

Vile said:

Same here... I played Doom long before I ever heard the real songs. At first, I didn't care for Slayer, but eventually it grew on me because I was so familiar with the game's versions and kept returning to the real music. I wonder just how much of an impact doom (and game music in general) had on my primary music taste being metal in the present day.

This is exactly the same thing that has happened to me. Before I found out that Alice in Chains was a base for some of my favorite Doom tracks, I had no idea what the actual band was all about. Now I love Alice in Chains and have developed a taste for similar bands like Soundgarden, Tonic, and Pearl Jam.

A lot of doom metal, with slow droning guitar usually puts out a Doom vibe when I hear it. Various Beseech and King Diamond songs remind of some levels. Some 80's and 90's pop will remind of the more up beat Doom themes, as well.

I've heard a number of songs that reminded me of Doom. Besides the obvious artists which influenced actual Doom tunes, off the bat I can think of a few Aesop Rock songs. I know of others but can't place them at the moment.

mmh well,when listening to Rammstein's "Wollt ihr das Bett in Flammen sehn?" I always have to think of DooM as they are using the shotgun reloading sound several times in that song

Mostly death metal bands, like Autopsy, old Necrophagia, Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel, etc. A lot of thrash and speed metal reminds me of Doom, in particular Violent Force, whose music would be perfect in the original Doom. Old school doom metal, like Pentagram, St. Vitus and Winter, is very Doom-ish too. Oh, and don't forget Hellhammer.

also nice music for a game of doom is running wild,especially when it comes to those "aim-shoot-reload-dodge-aim-shoot-reload" scenes in the games, something like: "One blast on the drums,one imp dead"

farhaven said:

mmh well,when listening to Rammstein's "Wollt ihr das Bett in Flammen sehn?" I always have to think of DooM as they are using the shotgun reloading sound several times in that song

The death scream is used a lot too.

Coopersville said:

A lot of doom metal, with slow droning guitar usually puts out a Doom vibe when I hear it.

Yes, especially if you combine the metal influence in the game with the ambient tracks that resemble movie music a bit more.

Besides the bands everyone else has mentioned, Candlemass, Demons & Wizards and Iced Earth all bring Doom to mind. Some of Rammstein's stuff reminds me of E1 and TNT, while the lyrics on Primal Fear's latest album bring Doom to mind almost instantly.