Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wadmodder RiderPùdu

Which MegaWADs do you think should have it's own Custom MIDI Project addon soundtrack?

For almost two decades, DOOM community projects have been composing original MIDI music or reusing existing MIDI music from other sources, but other MegaWADs made in the mid-1990s to Early-2000s never had any custom MIDI music whatsoever.

So I would ask you this question for you, which MegaWADs should have it's own "Custom MIDI Project" addon soundtrack? Feel free to discuss on what MegaWADs should have a custom soundtrack .

A few MegaWADs I can name are:

- Cyberdreams

- Obituary TC

- DOOM 2 Reloaded

There maybe other MegaWADs that I've had or haven't heard about, but these are the ones that I'm aware of that should have a custom soundtrack.

No Rest for the Living, TNT getting its non-unique and duplicate tracks replaced, and anything on the Unity port that still has default music.

1 hour ago, Wadmodder RiderPùdu said:

- DOOM 2 Reloaded

Since it is a lot like what Doom 2 would have been if it was made by Team TNT, i made a midipack for it with midis from the most TNT mapsets out there: Vile Flesh and Doom: Damnation.

I'm still replaying it and checking if the selected midis fit the respective maps, but i was planning on releasing it soon, along a new status bar for it.

Aside from that, i'm making a popular songs midi package for Fragport since UltimateDoomer said in the .TXT that the mapset is better played with a good punchy dance or rock act in the bacground, i'm collecting some good rock/metal acts that i feel fit the different maps.

Other that that, i worked long ago with Datacore, author of UD'PWAD Endless Torture, and he is so used to the original songs that he doesn't know if other music will fit his maps. I suggested a new midipack and he said that it would be cool to have an alternate soundtrack to it. Since that, i'm making a midipack for it with some industrial rock and metal acts and it come as a really good midipack. Probably releasing it soon, too, after some touch ups here and there.

NoisyDiarreha (i made a new titlepic and a new sb for it) and Khorus's Speedy Shit also deserves new midipacks.

Edited by P41R47

30 minutes ago, Devalaous said:

No Rest for the Living, TNT getting its non-unique and duplicate tracks replaced, and anything on the Unity port that still has default music.

Sorry for the double post.

there is kinda a midipack that replaces the Doom 2 repeated tracks for TNT: Evilution.

Check it out, its not perfect but some songs are good:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D46%26t%3D63207&ved=2ahUKEwixwtKkl5ruAhVYHrkGHUmxD8EQFjABegQIChAB&usg=AOvVaw0C8qWhHYttAca8_1Jl3-65

Recently I finished playing Hell Awakened by @insanoflex312, even though I see why some people don't like it, it's still a very solid work, a one-man megawad. For this wad stock doom 2 tracks just don't fit because of plutoniesque gameplay with PSX/D64/D3 atmosphere.

I also made a full-metallica replacement for The Beginning of the End Part I & II (great classic-style Ultimate Doom E1-E3 episode replacement), can share them if someone is interested.

Official content:

- No Rest for the Living.

- TNT: Evilution. Full replacement or bust!

- The Ultimate Doom. Again, full replacement or bust!

Non-official content (for these, a compilation of already existing cool MIDIs is enough, I would say):

- The loose maps related to the Master Levels for Doom II.

- That E1 contest.

There's actually two music packs for Doom 2 Reloaded, one of which contains various tracks and the other (from the DSDA Download) containing tracks from Commodore 64 games and such.

Seconding Fragport by the way.

On 1/14/2021 at 1:44 PM, P41R47 said:

Sorry for the double post.

there is kinda a midipack that replaces the Doom 2 repeated tracks for TNT: Evilution.

Check it out, its not perfect but some songs are good:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D46%26t%3D63207&ved=2ahUKEwixwtKkl5ruAhVYHrkGHUmxD8EQFjABegQIChAB&usg=AOvVaw0C8qWhHYttAca8_1Jl3-65

What TNT needs is someone like Jimmy to do a 'mimic Tom Mustaine/other TNT musicians' style thing, looking at Hell to Pay/Perditions Gate's VERY similar soundtrack for inspiration (one of the tracks there even has the exact same into as a TNT track) where the new tracks and duplicate replacements seamlessly mix with the originals, like the Heretic midi pack.

13 hours ago, NuMetalManiak said:

There's actually two music packs for Doom 2 Reloaded, one of which contains various tracks and the other (from the DSDA Download) containing tracks from Commodore 64 games and such.

Seconding Fragport by the way.

do you have link for those D2R midipacks?

I don't seem to find them :/

I will be finishing testing Fragport midi pack soon, hopefuly :)

30 minutes ago, Devalaous said:

What TNT needs is someone like Jimmy to do a 'mimic Tom Mustaine/other TNT musicians' style thing, looking at Hell to Pay/Perditions Gate's VERY similar soundtrack for inspiration (one of the tracks there even has the exact same into as a TNT track) where the new tracks and duplicate replacements seamlessly mix with the originals, like the Heretic midi pack.

I think that the Revilution soundtrack's musicians are far better for that kind of project.

Jimmy is great, don't take me bad, but his atmospheric tracks, the ones on CABIN for example, are not at all like what Eris Falling made, or Bucket made. Both fully grasped the TNT approach for me.

Also, check .mid the way Id Did. I think they are planning on doing UD complete replacement soundtrack and TNT, too.

Edited by P41R47

Some of the WADs that I play that don't have custom music, I tend to add them myself. However, for certain wads, like Switcheroom 1 and DTWid, for example, I leave it as is.

Don't know about midi projects, but a lot of old WADs need a patch with proper level names in automap and textscreen. Afaik, such a thing exists but only for zdoom based ports. 

1. Doom Zero
  2. Scythe
  3. Going Down (It has a distinct style but it's barely listenable for the most part)
  4. The Ultimate Doom (I'll finally beat it I promise. Just make a better soundtrack.)

22 hours ago, paturn said:

a lot of old WADs need a patch with proper level names in automap and textscreen

+++

Edit: how about Doom 2: mid the way Doomworld did?

Edited by <<Rewind