Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jointritual

What do the different like / reaction buttons mean?

Glad the soulsphere doesn't mean dislike I've just been pushing that all the time out if laziness, figured they all meant the same. Didn't know you could even see which type you recieved.

One of those timeless questions. The different reacts being so meaningless is part of their charm, I almost always use the soul sphere just because it's the default option but I love a cheeky invisibility powerup every now and then. Keeps you folks on your toes.

1 hour ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

It can be fun to look at once in a while. A lot of people don't know about this little feature, and I'm somewhat happy about that because I don't think it should be any kind of competition to see how many reaction points people can get. I check mine every now and then because it's somewhat uplifting if you're not a narcissist. When I look at mine, I don't think to myself "wow, I was awesome 7000 times", I think about the fact that people here have interacted with me 7000 times via those silly little buttons. I like the green ones the best, because those are usually used when you made someone laugh or at least provided some form of mild amusement. I'm mainly here for the community rather than the game itself these days, so I think it's cool. I usually don't think this deep about it though.

I never even knew about that functionality, so thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'm certainly not a narcissist, but I do enjoy seeing that people enjoyed what I said. Although it usually ends up being the same few culprits every time. But yeah, that's neat, thanks for teaching me something new!

It's basically an effective short-hand way of your fellow members showing approval or agreement with a post. Some people don't like it, but I say it's preferable to having lots of quoted posts to merely say, "I agree" when you have a handy little button you can push. As for what the power-ups themselves represent, that's entirely up to you.

10 hours ago, Stupid Bunny said:

Blursphere is like but with an air of humility (is not the blursphere the humblest of powerups), also I use it whenever someone mentions the blursphere or when reacting to @Biodegradable's posts

It's kind of weird how the Invisosphere has basically become a sort of "calling card" for me, huh?

Z3JZwAZ.png

Makes you wonder if I were ever to change the habit and start using anything else, would you all suddenly assume my account had been hacked? :^P

The likespheres are one of the most fascinating things about this place.  It's just four different colors of "Like", but you start to ascribe different imagined categories to them and then try to divine what other people are imagining when they put them on your posts, which leads you to think about who it is and how they would do things and so on.  You build a little imagined social consensus in your head to compare with.  Then you get tired of driving yourself mad, post a topic asking what the hell's up with the four kinds of Like, and everyone shrugs at you and says "I dunno but the Blursphere is kinda indie".  I love it.

On 9/16/2022 at 5:02 AM, Uncle 80 said:

Should get a rad suit like for posts that are totally rad also

lol

While we are at it, we should add other items to respond to posts

-Lite Amplification for posts that are illuminating.

-Backpack for posts that are too long. 

-Burning barrel for posts that are just trash.

-Berserk for posts that are rage inducing.

-thing 'dead pinky' - for posts that are so bad that even demons spontaneously drop dead.

-Hanging torso, brain removed - your post has this effect on the reader.

-thing 'Bloody mess 1' for posts that are, well, you get the idea.

-thing 'evil eye' anyone?

I could go on... :D

2 hours ago, Kyka said:

-thing 'evil eye' anyone?

That one's obviously for when a post is good, but not great - you want to react with only half of a Dio B-side.

Spoiler

I actually think it's a banger of a song, don't @ me.

- nukage barrels for posts that create massive collateral drama outside of their initial take.

40 minutes ago, Daytime Waitress said:

- nukage barrels for posts that create massive collateral drama outside of their initial take.

I used to make regular nukage barrel posts.

True story. :D

Apologies in advance if this is a commonly asked question. I did what searching I could and couldn't find anything, I promise.

I'm just curious if there's any difference in meaning behind the types of "likes" you can give posts on these forums that are agreed upon by the community. They are represented by the soulsphere, megasphere, invincibility, and partial invisibility, but they all say "like" next to them.

If there is no "official" meaning for each, how do you all use them personally?

Thanks for indulging a newbie!

The likes don't have an official meaning, the variety is just neat. I personally forget that the other options exist most of the time, but many use the megasphere or invincibility for "cooler" posts.

They mean whatever you think they mean. Although there seems to be a tendency about using the invulnerability for funny posts, and the blur sphere as a response to dumb, or cringe posts. 

Personally i use them as it follows: 

• Soulsphere: like.
  • Megasphere: mega-like.
  • Invulnerability: godlike/LOL.
  • Blur Sphere: mixed feelings.

I wish there was a bloodied ouch face reaction.

7 hours ago, SPG said:

Apologies in advance if this is a commonly asked question. I did what searching I could and couldn't find anything, I promise.

Did you search everywhere? This was 11 days ago:

And other threads:

8 hours ago, Redneckerz said:

Did you search everywhere? This was 11 days ago:

And other threads:

Clearly, I did not, as you've proven. I looked for relevant FAQ threads, all threads on the first pages, and attempted a topic title search on "like" with no luck (and had no idea what else to search).

For those of you who were patient and responded anyway, despite it being a topic both common and freshly discussed, thank you!

Just stumbled across this thread, I have been using the invincibility as my default as it's my favorite powerup. I just generally assumed they all meant like, pick your favorite one.

Jesus, eleven pages and a lot of different opinions on what each sphere represents . Can the person who created this system just come forward and give a definitive answer? 

I was going to give everyone post on this thread a like regardless of what's on it just because, and eventually I noticed how long this thread actually is, so whoever got those free likes, hope your happy.

1 hour ago, DeadMantis said:

I was going to give everyone post on this thread a like regardless of what's on it just because, and eventually I noticed how long this thread actually is, so whoever got those free likes, hope your happy.

What about me? I want one too 😿

58 minutes ago, NaliSeed said:

What about me? I want one too 😿

*sparkle *sparkle, wish granted 

EDIT: I dood a good deed, I'm gonna like myself for that.

EDIT 2: Unfortunately, I can't like myself 😞 wink* wink* ;)

They mean whatever you want them to mean.

Alternatively, they mean that the new forum software had a reaction feature that the admins couldn't figure out how to disable, and when you have lemons...

They mean the following:

Soulsphere = Like

Blursphere = Like

Godsphere = Like

Megasphere = Like