Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sophsoph316

What's a movie you watch that's objectively awful, but you enjoy anyway cus of how terrible it is?

Who's That Girl?

I wouldn't even say the movie is awful. I feel there are many parts of the movie that do actually work. I love its atmosphere. But I can also agree that it's generally a terrible movie for most people.

I don't watch movies I think are terrible. I'd rather spend my limited time on this planet watching movies I think are good and/or may have the potential to be good.

Super Mario Bros., the first video game adaptation (at least for Hollywood) is a big dumb mess, yet is thoroughly entertaining. The story behind it is almost more interesting than the movie itself. 

Mortal Kombat: Annihilation

I own the DVD and have watched it with various friends for about 15 years now, sometimes over alcoholic drinks. Never fails to murder us.

'aS lOnG aS tHe PoRtAl ReMaInS oPeN'

On 7/13/2022 at 1:00 PM, Caffeine Freak said:

Mortal Kombat: Annihilation

Brian Thompson really knows how to elevate low budget schlock and absolutely masticate the scenery. Love this movie.

One of my favorite's is Vibrations with Christina Applegate and James Marshall. It's more dated than outright bad, though it does have some unintentional comedy and awkward melodramatic tone shifts, but is otherwise a decent feel-good film with some really cool yet very dated music. James from Twin Peaks loses his hands and replaces them with robot hands, I mean c'mon.

Edited by Lippeth

Gonna have to echo Streetfighter, it's got problems as a movie and an adaption, but it manages to be fun anyway.

A movie I've got my eyes on is Stone Cold from 1991. The writing and plot seems stupid as fuck and not thought out in the slightest, but it also looks like a hell of a spectacle which would be a lot of fun in spite of the flaws, so I'm gonna get myself a copy to check it out.

Me and my friends recently watched The Mummy 2 because it was on tv and my god that film isn't good. It was still extremely entertaining to watch as a result of its terribleness, and we all loved The Rock's appearance at the end

1 hour ago, Master O said:

This movie has incredible costumes and set design (not to mention a soundtrack by Queen). It's a visual masterpiece, yet is almost overwhelmingly campy. 

4 hours ago, ChopBlock223 said:

movie I've got my eyes on is Stone Cold from 1991. The writing and plot seems stupid as fuck and not thought out in the slightest, but it also looks like a hell of a spectacle which would be a lot of fun in spite of the flaws, so I'm gonna get myself a copy to check it out.

I just watched Stone Cold maybe a month ago, and really enjoyed it. The stunts and explosions were great, and all performances were entertaining. The story certainly was a story, but it never got boring.

Double Dragon The Movie - mainly because of the scene where it features the actual Double Dragon arcade game in the background.

Therefore, that's what I call a "Self Product Placement", don't you think.

while it could be argued that the movie is genuinely good, i'd have to go with freddy got fingered. it's regarded by what i assume to be the majority of people as being terrible for a myriad of reasons, and it just so happens that those reasons are exactly why i love it lol

"Freddy Got Fingered" was regarded by Roger Ebert as a possible future classic of dada/surrealist cinema, and he wasn't wrong. I loved it when it came out, hated it years later, then rewatched it recently and enjoyed it more than ever.

There are a lot of deliberate pot shots at Hollywood tropes throughout the picture, with Tom Green making a farce out of the hero's journey, and injecting a number of scenes with disturbing, deeply antisocial eruptions. 

I particularly like when he rolls around in the deer carcass; eats a messy sandwich before masturbating a stud horse; dick-slaps old ladies with an oversized sausage; and of course, every scene with Rip Torn is riotous. It's an unforgettable experience. 

To Boldly Flee, Suburban Knights, Kickassia, and yes, even Nostalgia Critic's The Wall are movies i watch every year around Christmas time. hell, i'll even fire up the fucking AVGN Movie (big Ryan fan, btw) every once in a while.

i can respect Doug Walker for at least trying to make something worthwhile here, and everyone is trying their best, but his "comedy" just does not translate to low budget Youtube movies.

now, the AVGN Movie is...extremely mid. it's not worth hating, it's just the sign of a Youtube legend entirely giving up on everything he had built previously. (i'm serious, anything James Rolfe made post AVGN Movie sucks)

The Fast and Furious movies. I would probably never deliberately seek them out after the first viewing, but I always enjoy checking out the new entries just to see what lunacy they have come up with now to mock the laws of physics.

I also unironically think Freddy Got Fingered is a brilliant movie that knows exactly what it's doing the entire way through

Rock and Roll Nightmare is amazing if you love 80s metal and Canadian B horror (of which there is a fantastic trove to choose from)

Also this silly movie from 1986 called Trick-or-Treat that is also fun for fans of 80s metal and features cameos by Ozzy Osbourne as a televangelist preacher (awesome because it's so out of character for him) and Gene Simmons as a greasy, obnoxious rock DJ (awesome because it's completely in character for him)

I'll probably think of others later, my friends and I spend a lot of time watching shitty but entertaining movies

EDIT: Oh yes I appreciate how off color and weird the Super Mario Bros movie is.  I don't know who said "Mario needs to be in a Ridley Scott urban hellscape run by 80s Donald Trump" but I love them.

Waterworld has a ton of cool ideas and is frustratingly close to being an actually great movie. 

Love everything about Johnny Mnemonic especially Keanu Reeves. I try to watch this movie at least once a year, kind of a tradition for me and my siblings lol.

Flash Gordon, the 80's movie with the killer Queen soundtrack, it's fucking awful and it's almost impossible to think it was made post-Star Wars but it's still great fun. Love the scene where Brian Blessed booms "for Gordon!" as him and his Hawkmen swoop in, classic 80's synth music blasting.

If you've never seen it, at least YouTube Queens music track "Flash" the video's clips of the movie and the songs awesome (and incredibly cheesy).

Youtube Flash Video

Edited by Wyrmwood : Add video

24 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

I trust the pun was intended? :P

Damn, wish it was now!