Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Major Arlene

[GZDOOM] HEELBAIN - a 9-map atmospheric UDMF episode [FINAL, /idgames pending]

Looks awesome!. This is the type of thing that makes Doom worth Dooming in the modern day imo. <3

Saw this drop yesterday and was in the mood for just this sort of thing so played thru all of it last night!  Overall this was a great atmospheric adventure with awesome music and some fun level themes.  It was actually quite a digestible mapset as only a couple of the maps were pretty big, but mostly they were pleasantly brief romps.  I liked the way the wad gradually descended into the underground and hell.  As this is a beta I had a couple minor issues here and there, hopefully the video helps with those as I can't remember all of them.  I think biggest question I had was wondering why I couldn't jump or crouch on the last couple maps, as it appeared to be disabled and the maps definitely weren't built for it, but it wasn't too difficult of an adjustment.  Overall I definitely recommend this one if you want a polished GZDoom feature-rich experience!

PS I'm only publishing the first video on youtube today, and I don't usually do this but I'll just post the other videos unlisted here for quick feedback purposes.  The last 2 will go live on youtube over the next week or two.  Hope that helps!

Played a map or two of this - nice atmosphere. The first map especially was like.....what? I may play more later, but this already seems very nice!

Thanks to all those who helped make this project a reality

Thanks also to everyone for the kind reviews!

Project Brutality 3.0 - Doom 2 - [Heelbain] - [Map #01 - 09 and Secret Map] - [4K60ᶠᵖˢ]

Finalized version is up and will be on /idgames shortly.

Changelog:

-fixed some texture issues

-made it more clear MAP07/8 does not have jump/crouch

-progression on map08 is slightly less stupid

-you can see who made the maps now

- uhhh confetti throw it's final now