Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

What are you listening to?

@DesecratorJ Btw, I have the 1995 repress of DMDS with the purple church and darker Mayhem logo on the cover.

RIP, Mark Shelton of Manilla Road. His voice was one of the most distinctive in metal; on top of that, he sure knew how to play guitar. A fantastic musical storyteller. He has a guest spot on this Battleroar track, which (as part of the whole album) was released just last month.

@Myst.Haruko Holy fuck I love that song. Flying Whales is their best though. They graced New Zealand's shores this year with Mastodon and it was fantasimazincredible. They had the headliners around the wrong way though. Gojira crushed Mastodon.

So this is a band that you REALLY shouldn't judge by the name. When Spotify recommended it to me it was a very "dafuk?" moment. The name suggested some indie folk rock rubbish (not a fan of the genre) but it was in reality progressive death metal of the highest order. A sublime album.

So I present to you: Slice the Cake (no really). If you listen the first two tracks you'll get a pretty good feel for the album as a whole.

Also RIP Burzum, Varg has recently officially ended the project. Not unexpected since the black metal version of Burzum ended a few years ago, it was only a matter of time before it would end completely.

Well, at least Varg left us with a few gold albums.