Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

Miscellaneous demos (part 3)

Demon Eclipse: Doorway to Abaddon (Episode 1) UV-Max demos (5 maps), GZDoom v1.8.2

Played in old GZDoom version because that's what I played it on back when it was released and I'm too lazy to check whether nothing breaks in this mapset in the newer versions.

Links to Youtube videos in textfiles. I'll upload the remaining 4 demos (and videos) on Tuesday.

de-ep1_M1UVMax-314.zip

de-ep1_M2UVMax-710.zip

de-ep1_M3UVMax-935.zip

de-ep1_MSUVMax-815.zip

de-ep1_M4UVMax-1043.zip

Wicked_1 UV Speed in :40.

Great non-linear layout, Rex Claussen's trademark. But when you know where the yellow key and the exit are, you can finish it quickly.
I don't think UV Max would be entertaining as the action is slow.

wic1-040.zip

Re-recording my 2013 GZDoom maxes for Epic has been on my to do list for a while and finally got around to it for maps 02, 03 & 05. Not sure if I'll bother with map04 so I did a bonus D2ALL max instead.

Epic

map02 UV-max in 8:47

map03 UV-max in 11:03

map05 UV-max 12:21

D2ALL UV-max in 38:29

ep02-847.zip

ep03-1103.zip

ep05-1221.zip

epic-3829.zip

Deathless

E1M1 - "Contagion" UV Fast in 1:36.37 (1:36)

E4M1 - "Inhuman Remains" UV Fast in 1:14.37 (1:14)

dle1m1f-136.zip

dle4m1f-114.zip

Been wanting to do Deathless for awhile since a friend recommended I play it recently as he played it on the Switch version not long ago.  Mostly through it and decided it would be great to do some runs!  I saw that there were not many if any UV -fast runs on the table for figured why not take things up a notch and be a pioneer?  These runs are fast and fun, and the -fast flag can make things tricky in unique ways.  I highly recommend anybody who has not play Deathless should do so, Jimmy knocked it out of the park in my opinion and I can't wait to see what he comes up with next! Also the shotgunners rising from the grave on E4M1 is a great touch.

Deathless

E1M2 UV Fast in 2:37.34 (2:37)

dle1m2f-237.zip

This is a nice little map but it is mean with the hitscanners.  It took some practice, and I figured the best strategy was to go for the chaingun and take advantage of infighting in the large room before the exit.  The chaingun helps supplement the shotgun's firepower immensely, and you can get the berserk to top up and take on the pinkies if you are brave.  I tried going for the armor earlier on but it seems much slower as you will be low on shotgun ammo and not have the chaingun to help clear that section.  I tried to shave off some more time but 2:37 seems the best I can get for now.  Proud of another UV Fast run!

I looked around and not sure if this goes here, but I think my Glaive Map 4 run might actually be invalid due to comp level being set.  I used complevel 9 as at the time I generally equated complevel 9 and boom with "limit removing" but have learned since then that is not always the case for a given wad even if it is newer.  I have tested Glaive 2 in Crispy Doom and it seems to work fine, and I imagine Glaive 1 works as well.  Just want to make sure I am not crazy here as I would like to do more runs and demos for those mapsets and want to make sure I am not producing improper comp level demos of them by simple ignorance.  I have read the guides again and I think I have this all figured out going forward.  If this isn't a big deal then I apologize for wasting anyone's time I am just making sure what I have been submitting is accurate and valid.  Thank you!

Glaive Map 4 UV Max 2:10

glaivem4m-210.zip

I decided I would revisit this level after figuring I may have had an improper complevel with PrBoom the last time, and I knew I could do better on the time anyway on a more valid run with Crispy Doom.  I managed to smash it down to 2:10 and I am pretty sure sub 2m is easily possible as I noticed a few jitters that could have cost me some time, and a better "route" through this short map could optimize easily.  I tried to get sub 2 minutes but despite quite a few tries I noticed I was getting sloppy and dying alot so decided to leave it at my 2:10 time for now and come back fresh.  I love these Glaive and Glaive 2 maps!