Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

I have next to no idea what to do with this map.

Also, the portal is woefully broken. It works fine from the underside, but the topside acts completely solid.

I know what you can do with it, give it to me as a personal gift as we're currently in Spring at the moment. :) Looks like a decent layout, what's it for?

I should really learn how portals work. I'm sure there are plenty of badass architectural ideas yet-to-be-explored that could make a nice EE/zedDoom mapset.

Ribbiks said:

I should really learn how portals work. I'm sure there are plenty of badass architectural ideas yet-to-be-explored that could make a nice EE/zedDoom mapset.

Yeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Springy said:

Looks like a decent layout, what's it for?

A silly total conversion that's going nowhere called Zed's Quest. It sort of grew out of my abandoned Koliko's Adventure project.

Sodaholic said:

I have next to no idea what to do with this map.

Idk, Soda, but I thought that both maps I played had nice layouts so far!

v lmfao

I really like building facades. Gotta finish the interior though...

(image linked for 1080p goodness)

Rayzik said:

I really like building facades. Gotta finish the interior though...

Gorgeous. How close are you to the completion of your megawad project?

That map is #25, and it's about 40% complete so far. A lot more symmetrical than I (or most people probably) would like, but I have plans for the gameplay to make it 'seem' asymmetrical.

Apart from this, 26 and 27 have a basic layout and idea for setup, 28 and 29 have a concept but no tangible substance as of yet, 30, 31, and 32 are still in the conceptualization stage, aside from 31 having a basic theme decided upon. (since it's the secret map, ofc, however for 32 I have laid down a couple options in regards to a theme)

The hardest part is not playing the amazing stuff that's been coming out in a steady stream lately and actually mapping! :P

Looking good, Rayzik! I love those arched windows, and the three levels of crisscrossing beams in the distance on the left side make a nice and interesting horizon view. :) The architecture in general has a very open and three-dimensional feel to it.

I kind of wonder how it would look with some large-scale lighting contrast, like if the scene got gradually brighter around the main building's entrance and the central fountain, and gradually darker further away from them.

Usually lighting is one of the final things I do in maps, since adding a bunch of layered sectors makes geometry editing a pain. However, this side of the building is mostly complete so I did some adjustments as you prescribed. It definitely helps to bring even more depth to the structure. Thanks for the suggestion!

Rayzik said:

Usually lighting is one of the final things I do in maps, since adding a bunch of layered sectors makes geometry editing a pain. However, this side of the building is mostly complete so I did some adjustments as you prescribed. It definitely helps to bring even more depth to the structure. Thanks for the suggestion!

Ah, okay. It looks like it must be really complicated in the editor, so that makes sense, haha.

RottKing said:

http://imgur.com/3e995lu

just messing with some textures

Cool textures, where are they from?

Guest Unregistered account
CWolf said:

[IMAGES]

I feel like there's a bit too much texture tiling there.

--------
Dragonfly: I had an idea for a Doom WAD - After the Invasion. It would basically be all the original levels but it would show the "cleanup operations", so Containment Area would have all of its crates moved somewhere more practical, and the rest of the base levels would just be filled with Marines partying and empty beer bottles lying around.

Levels like Deimos Lab and the Hell levels, however, would have scientists exploring them.

Finally, the three boss levels should have a DJ Marine in place of the boss, with a huge crowd of Marines ravin' along. (Can you picture that huge, desolate area at the end of Phobos Anomaly filled with hopping Marines? It would be glorious!)

Regarding marine parties - Been there, done that.

Yes, the light show is (more or less) perfectly synchronised with a midi of Darude Sandstorm. It's the 4th bonus level in Skulldash, in case you wanted to see it in all it's glory. By using the console you can warp to this map with "map map31" or typing in "idclev31" while playing.

I did say this was a library didn't I?

Also, an updated facade with esselfortium's contrast suggestion implemented.

(images linked for 1080p goodness)

Previous Facade for reference: POST

A mighty fine libary Rayzik, I like how the sky matches the windows.

Things get hectic in solonet Ziggurat Mayhem.