Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Enderkevin13

I Wanna Marry Windows 10 Now

I downloaded the beta preview but i eventually did not try it... i only downloaded it because i wanted to try and boot it from USB on hardware from around 2003 like i do with many Linux based systems and it just did not want to function.

Avoozl said:

Windows 8 was never really as bad as people were claiming it to be.

The one and only thing people ever seemed to complain about was the missing classic start bar, no matter how hard they tried to hide it behind "usability", or any multi sentence overtly expanded explanation coming down to ; i want that menu bar.

everything else you used on 8 functioned and looked (next to the theme) exactly like on any other windows. actually, there was no difference in that area. The programs you used and installed where the same.

it friging ran on an Asus 1101ha with the windows 7 drivers for the gfx chipset. and it was fast on decent hardware still in the range of being a valid current day computer.

Well, I suppose that Windows 10 is sort of nudging towards being a free platform and so, within that business model, monetising Solitaire as an app much like games in the mobile market makes sense.

However, I still agree it's incredible and feels like it should be a parody rather than real. Poe's law? Personally, I can't remember the last time I played the game and I've hardly played it since some very early version of Windows. It's just not my thing. I still agree it's O_o that they have monetised something that has been free for decades. I *believe* it started with Win 8 though, not Win 10.

So you get a free upgrade to windows 10 and suddenly there are ads on everything? Is there at least a paywall that lets you get rid of those?

wINDOWS 10 sUCKS. yOU hAVE tO fAFF aROUND wITH sO mUCH bULLSHIT tO mAKE iT wORK tHE wAY a nORMAL hUMAN bEING wOULD wANT iT tO wORK aS wELL aS rEMOVE aLL tHE sHITTY sPYWARE mICROSOFT pUT iN bY dEFAULT

Kontra Kommando said:

I downloaded Manhunt for PC, not knowing it would not work for Windows 7. The game was only optimized for Windows XP. I tried it out with Windows 10, and it works perfectly. I finally get to enjoy the game, 3 years after I bought it. I know there was a way to tweak it to work, but I had never bothered; being preoccupied with other things.

Does this mean I still have to use DosBox or did they program it back in? /sarcasm

DOS was the pinnacle of OS development. They should've quit there.

Aliotroph? said:

Windows 10 is ridiculous. You can't turn off Windows Defender, and it tries its very best to share your WiFi password with all your friends on Facebook.

You absolutely can turn off Windows Defender. Goto Task manager -> more detals -> Startup -> set Windows Defender to "disable"

I'll definitely keep my copy of Windows 7 around, but 10 is superior to 8/8.1 by every measure.

Just installed 10 last night but my start up seems to be much slower than it was with 8.1.

That's just the stuff we know about. Maybe put a couple of proxies and firewalls (not ones written by Microsoft either) between your computer and the net just to be safe :P

> Earlier versions of Windows secretly collect data
> Now they're easily accessible settings
> "MORE PRIVACY VIOLATIONS THAN EVER"

Never change, internet.

Lemme try this cool kid formating...

> People make a huge stink about privacy issues in Windows Vista and 7
> A few years pass
> People make smaller complaints about privacy issues in Windows 10
> "MORE WHINING THAN EVER"

I used to think my memory was poor, but the apparent inability for anyone in an Internet argument to recall things beyond a few hours has given me new faith in my supernatural abilities. Did you know the Berlin wall came down in 1989? And I didn't even have to Google it. Bow down, biatches.

Bucket said:

It's probably not hardware compatible.

It is, I bought the hardware last year.

Phml said:

I used to think my memory was poor, but the apparent inability for anyone in an Internet argument to recall things beyond a few hours has given me new faith in my supernatural abilities.

I know, right? Some people will just ignorantly reply to a post, suggesting that the outcry of "less privacy than ever" is an exaggeration, when said post was in DIRECT response to an article that contains lines like this:

Apple and Google may have ignited the trend of collecting increasing amounts of their customers’ information, but with Windows 10, Microsoft has officially joined that race.

Microsoft’s ominous privacy policy, which is now included in the Windows 10 end-user license agreement so that it applies to everything you do on a Windows PC, not just online. (Disclosure: I worked for Microsoft in the days of Windows XP.)

that won’t excuse Microsoft’s ham-fisted incursion into users’ data, nor how difficult it is restore the level of privacy back to what it was in Windows 7 and 8.

Microsoft needs to centralize these and other settings in a far more transparent and easy-to-understand box, clarify their implications, and pledge to users that it won’t upend their privacy settings in so egregious a way again.

nxGangrel said:

The fuq happened to windows 9? Did bill gates get amnesia now?

They needed to create the impression that Windows 10 is a large and dramatic seismic shift over Windows 8.1 - bumping up the version a whole extra number is good marketing for that. Add on a heaping of cute babies and suggesting that anybody not teaching their kids to use Windows 10 is a Luddite Neanderthal to get the "must have" factor cranked up to 11. Hmm maybe they should have made it Windows 11.