Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

If you install Doom 2016, you can play a map made by me on main snapmap board ;p

I hate when people or cats(or other animals) go near borders at the high places. It makes me seriously nervous and worried about them. 

1 hour ago, Myst.Haruko said:

I hate when people or cats(or other animals) go near borders at the high places. It makes me seriously nervous and worried about them. 

What are those borders of the high places, that thou speaketh of?

10 minutes ago, NeedHealth said:

What are those borders of the high places, that thou speaketh of?

Well, edges, borders, whatever they called, makes me uncomfortable due fear that I can fall or other people could do that and most likely fall is lethal. It's hard to explain. 

2 hours ago, Myst.Haruko said:

Well, edges, borders, whatever they called, makes me uncomfortable due fear that I can fall or other people could do that and most likely fall is lethal. It's hard to explain. 

Then you have a vertigo feeling by only watching them in that situation.

4 hours ago, NeedHealth said:

...that thou speakest of?

Thought I should repair that question for you. Speaketh is the third person form of the infinitive "to speak", as in "[the borders] which Myst.Haruko speaketh of."

Theoretically, I should know how to speak Spanish at a beginner (at least) level, since I took a class on it in school. Practically, I can speak Old English better than any language save modern English.

I can also speak some German and read the Greek and Cyrillic (Russian variation) alphabets.

5 hours ago, Myst.Haruko said:

That also happens to me. I feel like my legs turn into jelly when I see that, but interestingly enough I don't fear heights too much myself.

47 minutes ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Thought I should repair that question for you. Speaketh is the third person form of the infinitive "to speak", as in "[the borders] which Myst.Haruko speaketh of."

Theoretically, I should know how to speak Spanish at a beginner (at least) level, since I took a class on it in school. Practically, I can speak Old English better than any language save modern English.

I can also speak some German and read the Greek and Cyrillic (Russian variation) alphabets.

Wish I could speak Spanish at a beginner level or something as well. I had a course back in eleventh grade but you're not going to learn a foreign language in one year and then never use it again. Don't know what other languages I'm going to learn later on honestly, if it was 2004 then perhaps English would suffice but in the present day it really doesn't seem to be enough anymore. I'm still considering Norwegian and Japanese but why do I have the feeling that's just going to be some extra knowledge for myself which won't serve me well for whatever I end up doing in the future. Learning or being attracted to stuff that usually brings nothing in return, that's so me.

Wish my parents gave me to one of those very few German-language schools in town instead of a regular one, but at the time no one thought it would be necessary, and when opportunity arose at the end of the fourth grade we were persuaded to opt for French instead "because it's much easier to learn", a language that seems to be generally taught by incompetent and uninterested teachers here (no wonder the interest in French is significantly lower than in German). I still have mixed feelings about not learning German at the time, it might've been useful, but the accent and spelling make my brain split in half (ironic really, since Norwegian and Japanese would theoretically be (much) bigger headaches). Sånn er livet...

Technically, I took two German courses, but the teacher used his accumulated sick days throughout the second before his retirement, so I didn't learn much more.

I've been considering Rosetta Stone for Greek, Russian, and Mandarin, because those are languages which also interest me.

8 minutes ago, Rosh Fragger said:

I love talking to myself.

Wait, don't we all talk to ourselves?

Just now, Catpho said:

Wait, don't we all talk to ourselves?

I think not.

In fact, usually if you tell someone you're talking to yourself, especially loudly, they'll most likely redirect you to a psychologist or somewhere else thinking you have problems :v .

Just now, Agent6 said:

I think not.

In fact, usually if you tell someone you're talking to yourself, especially loudly, they'll most likely redirect you to a psychologist or somewhere else thinking you have problems :v .

Maybe im confusing it for something :P Does doing it in your mind count?

I talk to myself all the time. A lot of the time I even do it in public when I need to keep track of what I'm currently doing or intend to do in the near future. Hearing myself say it out loud helps me keep my mind straight.

Now, holding a conversation with yourself out loud in public might be cause for people to be a little concerned.

2 minutes ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

I talk to myself all the time. A lot of the time I even do it in public when I need to keep track of what I'm currently doing or intend to do in the near future. Hearing myself say it out loud helps me keep my mind straight.

Now, holding a conversation with yourself out loud in public might be cause for people to be a little concerned.

I wish there'd be silence in my head more often tbh. I'm also talking to myself or thinking about something almost all the time regardless of how insignificant that might be.

But doing this does help keep my mind straight as well since I find myself forgetting my current objective before getting to it frustratingly often.

I'm legit tired of all the cynicism and pessimism on the internet, like, where are you going to find a legit reviewer of things (music, movies, games etc) that isn't like:

"Oogoo, I expected this to be total shit, but I was absolutely dumbfuckingly astounded by how shit it was. Granted, shit like this is always shit. Oogoo, shit".

Like, ffs, if I could find some dude who doesn't rely on cynicism or satire to review popular stuff from at least an objective standpoint, if not, in the fair optimistic spirit of pioneering, am I right or am I right, my lads? Like, not just reviewers but everyone is expecting the worst these days and they still keep finding faults even when everything is right, and claim that something is "beyond saving" when all it takes is a bit of hard work to get something right (again, be it a game or song, whatev).

Makes me wanna start my own blog/channel of optimistic reviews of stuff.

9 minutes ago, Battle_Korbi said:

Well, no one is stopping you!

Since we're on the topic, I'm considering creating a blog where I can just rant about videogames, since I love doing so but there's like, two people that I know who are willing to listen to that for any considerable lenght of time.

2 hours ago, Battle_Korbi said:

I'm legit tired of all the cynicism and pessimism on the internet, like, where are you going to find a legit reviewer of things (music, movies, games etc) that isn't like:

"Oogoo, I expected this to be total shit, but I was absolutely dumbfuckingly astounded by how shit it was. Granted, shit like this is always shit. Oogoo, shit".

Like, ffs, if I could find some dude who doesn't rely on cynicism or satire to review popular stuff from at least an objective standpoint, if not, in the fair optimistic spirit of pioneering, am I right or am I right, my lads? Like, not just reviewers but everyone is expecting the worst these days and they still keep finding faults even when everything is right, and claim that something is "beyond saving" when all it takes is a bit of hard work to get something right (again, be it a game or song, whatev).

Well, see, I was expecting this post to be shit, but it was actually pretty good.

Joking aside, I can agree with you there, which is why I tend to ask people I trust for their opinion on something or go in completely blind. It tends to work out pretty well.

And (cynicism incoming) reviewers will almost always find something wrong with something that ruins it "forevur" regardless of whether it's actually good, because they're blinded by what they think people want to hear and not actually what they need to hear.

In other words: reviewers suck.

2 hours ago, Battle_Korbi said:

Like, ffs, if I could find some dude who doesn't rely on cynicism or satire to review popular stuff from at least an objective standpoint, if not, in the fair optimistic spirit of pioneering, am I right or am I right, my lads?

Objective Doom II review:

Doom II is the sequel to Doom. It's a game in which you shoot at monsters in a three-dimensional environment. You may or may not enjoy shooting at monsters in three dimensional environments. Environments which may or may not find aesthetically pleasing. Doom II also has a soundtrack which you may or may not enjoy. Doom II is a game you may or may not want to buy.

Jokes aside, if I want someone to tell me how good a game is, and that I should be so hyped about it that I might as well sweat liquefied cocaine, I'd simply ask the publisher/developers.

The only thing what do I like about the Christian religion (i practice them) is the angeology and the demonology ............

When i was a teen, i studied violin classes for about 2 years, it was a joy and i kinda half regret not choosing a music career as a violinist, still, im proud that i was able to play metallica's "fade to black" solo to near completion back in the day... not a real feat for a skilled musician, but i sure loved playing it

I always think that Sonata Arctica's song (most of them) lyrics are related to me.

For the past couple of weeks, I've been dedicating a lot of my time towards learning how to speak Japanese. And in all honesty, it's already been one of the most fun and rewarding experiences of my life. I'm very proud of how quickly I've been picking up on everything that I've been intensely studying. 

Today I devoted my time towards learning the Hiragana alphabet. Which I did. All of it. Along with a little bit of Katakana. For some people, it can take months to learn either Hiragana or Katakana, but it's actually not that difficult if you use mnemonics to imagine all of the characters as a bunch of silly pictures. I've managed to complete this Hiragana identification game in under three minutes without making any mistakes.

http://www.csus.edu/indiv/s/sheaa/projects/genki/hiragana-timer.html

やった!

yatta-chun-li-victoire.gif

Edited by Ajora

2 minutes ago, Ajora said:

For the past couple of weeks, I've been dedicating a lot of my time towards learning how to speak Japanese. And in all honesty, it's already been one of the most fun and rewarding experiences of my life. I'm very proud of how quickly I've been picking up on everything that I've been intensely studying.

がんばって!  You're welcome to practice with me if you ever want.  I could use the practice myself.

2 hours ago, Ajora said:

Hiragana identification game

Cheers. I tried both Hiragana and Katakana ones, and it seems I can still remember them, so it's a good practice to me too. I'm kind of sad that when I was learning these, there's no such thing I knew...

My fact about these is that I only learn these basic characters. Then I learn words from watching anime and stuff, so I knew some words but no grammar for Japanese. I assume learning Japanese for a Chinese is easier even though they are mostly different, but from time to time, you will run into words that pronounce similarly or the kanji looks similar.

@YukiRaven There's a Discord channel that I briefly looked at that is often used as a means for people to practice their speaking over a microphone. I've still got a ways to go before becoming an intermediate, but I can see myself practising with people at some point down the road.

@GarrettChan Grammar is extremely important, and something you need to tackle as soon as possible. It's naturally quite confusing at first, but the sentence structuring makes sense after awhile. 

^That's very true. Back then I learned 五十音図 just for fun, but now I don't really intent to learn Japanese. I'm just sort of surprise that I learned quite some from these years.

The sound that play when a new notification appear in Google Chrome for Doomworld almost made me have a heart attack.

54 minutes ago, Mayhem666 said:

The sound that play when a new notification appear in Google Chrome for Doomworld almost made me have a heart attack.

I always use earphones, so I had to turn it off when I had a laptop that could connect to the internet. I don't intend to change it anytime soon because of this.