Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doom_marine666

what the stupidest thing you did in doom?

Kagemaru_H said:

Looked at Cybie.WAD on YouTube.

I'll probably never download another joke wad again after that.

omg, this wad, author must delete or die i cant watch it, ok, watching that shit was even more stupid than driving i chainsaw through a barrel in E1M1.

now, there is no chainsaw on E1M1, thats makes sense how stupid that wad is.

headacke

For some reason, I thought I could run away from a pack of lost souls. I was very low on health and needed to find some more ammo anyways.

As I waited for the door to open to leave the corridor, they were intent on keeping my company as they surrounded me before I could react. Needless to say, I never made it through the door.

Dodged into the enemy fireball.. dodged into the enemy fireball again.. dodged into the enemy fireball once more.. All in the same room with the same enemy. I think I did it on purpose, though I was thinking I would dodge them, but somehow I did the opposite.

I remember back in the day, saving during an intense firefight in the main slime area of Nirvana. After dying, I loaded the saved game, only to instantly die from a Mancubus attack. I've since learned to save at more appropriate times.

GreyGhost said:

While it mightn't be the stupidest thing I've done, trying to kill a soulsphere is easily one of the most embarrasing. :-)

heh :D

you're not the only one. when i played ep.1 for the first time, i found that soulsphere looking at me from a pedestal in e1m3 particularly irritating, so after killing the enemies i emptied my shotgun at it. when you don't understand something, shoot it!

however, the dumbest thing ever was jacking up my sens so high i could barely control the mouse, shortly after i made the switch from keyboard only. and insisting that making about two 360° turns per second was a smart way to play. when i was deathmatching with a friend i kept spinning wildly through the map, killed myself with rockets and quit in rage. i took me some time to learn that i simply don't have the motor skills to turn on the area of a stamp, never mind hit a barn at that sens.

(not that the other guys were better in this respect. i should make some videos out of those old legacy demos, they`re quite funny. dude shoots a rocket at me, i kill him, he respawns exactly behind me and eats his own rocket, and quits)

EVIL ARCHVILE said:

I saw Impse on accident.

I was trying for so long to avoid it, but then I went on Facepunch.

I raced a rocket in deathtmatch, and lost.

Dr. Durr said:

I raced a rocket in deathtmatch, and lost.

if you mean outrunning it by straferunning, and then getting it in your face - yeah, it works.

>step 1:alias WTF "summon bosseye;summon bosstarget;wait 1;WTF
>step 2:find cheat server
>step 3:???
>step 4:PROFIT!

Also shit like spamming chainsaws or impse all over the place

The best thing to do on (Skulltag) cheat servers is summon and kill the Programmer from Strife. Suddenly, map change!

Doing the same with Strife's "Computer" actor is fun, too. There's nothing quite like watching the reactions when the message "You've blown up the computer!" is printed across everyone's screen.

Jump into a nukage pit, just to see if there's anything cool down there, and then find out there's nothing and also no way out.

Back in 1999 when I got my first computer, I played doom (First game ever played, was like 7 back then, and now I am 18! Just as old as doom!) and did not know how to open the first door in e1m1.

I tried shooting it, running at it and I shouted at it. I pressed every single key on my keyboard... except space :P

My stupidity is not in terms of gameplay, but editing instead. When I first made a DooM mod called "Doomep47" (I haven't got down to play Ultimate DooM and therefore I thought DooM consists of only 3 episodes; I wanted to make a mod which is for from the fourth to the seventh episode.), and I didn't have any ports saved on my computer, but I really wanted to test all four levels I've done so far. After all this, I resulted in the deletion of the original E4M1 and receiving the same shitty error message ("FlatForName-: not found"), and I did the same to the DOOM2 IWAD by making some minor changes to the E4M1 level to make it D2-compatible. That's why I can't play either IWADs on PrBoom+ because it requires the IWADs being not modified.

Once I was fighting a cyber demon with rockets. I ran out of rockets and when he wasn't firing, I went close and punched it (I new I was gonna die already) and guess what, it died with one hit. He probably had 1 or 2 hit points left! That's the most stupid thing I ever tried to do, and the most stupid thing that happened when I was playing DooM.