Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mirko

How did you get your Gamename? What is it?

SeanWJF said:

Speaking of game name changes; I used to be sean wjf, then I became seanwjf, then briefly I was seanwjmf, then Sean WJF and finally SeanWJF.

Mine is in a constant shift between having an apostrophe, not having and apostrophe, being capitalized, not being capitalized...

One day I just happened to think of the word "Marnetmar", I thought it was funny so I used it.

Later I found out I wasn't the first one think of it though, turns out there's someone in the RCT community named Marnetmar as well.

Well uh, I used to go by the name "Razz" which was kind of a play off the character Razputin (aka Raz) in Psychonauts.

After a few years of that I got tired of it so I changed it to this.

I made phobosdeimos1 when I joined Doomworld so people would know I wasn't just joining to troll

My Xbox live Gamertag is actually "PHOBOS ANOM4LY" and my brothers is "Deimos Paradigm"

Way before I knew there was any relation between the word Phobos and Doom, I had this affinity with the name 'Phobos', and always imagined it'd be my superhero name

I also have alot of other Xbox Live gamertags:

Brian Pieshaft
brian bumcreme
brian bumsludge
TH3 FAT ON3
fatrickygervais

Well, I always thought the Baron of Hell was a cool Doom monster, and it is. So when I signed up here I was like well Baron of Heck would be a cool username, so I just made it one long word: baronofheck, and the 82 is for the year I was born in.

Marnetmar said:

One day I just happened to think of the word "Marnetmar", I thought it was funny so I used it.

Later I found out I wasn't the first one think of it though, turns out there's someone in the RCT community named Marnetmar as well.

It's seems unlikely two people would think of this name. You sure he didn't stumble across yours and liked it? You should compare registration dates.

Chrono = Time

Hunter = Short for Bounty Hunter

In essence, a time-traveling bounty hunter.

I came up with this when I was 7.

I'm 24 now.

Also, I still have people ask me "oh your name is from Chrono Trigger isn't it?" - While I do love that game, that's not where it came from.

Hell's Vendetta said:

Usually go with a Resident Evil alias but i decided to pick the first thing that popped into my head.

Does it have any affiliation with Hell Revealed and Alien Vendetta?

Have kept this name for almost a decade in any online gaming or gaming profile. Just stole the name from my favorite Nintendo character and stuck with it :P

If I can fit it I usually go by such - Kirby(>")>

Though now that my laptop's motherboard appears to have diead I have been restricted to my decade old desktop and Counter-Strike.

Well, I noticed a common trend in the filenames of a few files I was downloading and liked the sound of- wait, wrong alias. Er....

Anyways, just thought of it, really. Xeros sounds vaguely like something that would be used in the context of medieval fantasy, and 612 is just fake-math applied to 666 which I intended to use ironically (lolhipster, also because using 666 to appear hard is just laughable).

At first I was known online as "KingCacodemon" when I was young and very stupid.

When I was less young and only slightly stupid, I came up with "Wagi" which is "What a good idea".

I've been phasing out this name and using "Tum" lately, though. A close friend of mine used to call me that and now everybody IRL calls me that, too.

My handle in online games is "The Mad Fragger," and it has been since I was in 8th grade (so roughly 14-15 years, dear God I can't believe it's been that long). The first real experience I had with network multiplayer was playing Quake deathmatch on the computers at our school. The school had a pretty modern computer lab for the time, and the computer teacher let students stay for an hour after classes each day to spend time on the school computers. Being one of the most computer-savvy kids in this small town, I quickly took advantage of the school's broadband connection to download and install various shareware games, including Doom and Quake. Pretty soon, we had 16-player Quake LAN sessions on a pretty regular basis. I realized that I needed a name to identify myself and set myself apart from the crowd, so I took some influence from Alice in Wonderland and mixed it with an FPS reference for good measure. I liked how it sounded so much that I've kept it ever since.

Chronohunter45 said:
Also, I still have people ask me "oh your name is from Chrono Trigger isn't it?" - While I do love that game, that's not where it came from. [/B]

Someone recently asked me if I played DOTA. Can anyone explain what the hell DOTA has to do with I'myourtarget? I don't know anything about it, just heard the name of the game before.

It's my old AIM screen name I came up with more than 10 years ago. I put two random words together with a number on the end. It shows. On Steam I either use squirrels or haxxx, because the letter x is cool, I guess.

Speaking of random names, my wireless network is called 'Pretty Pink Pony Princess' and my girlfriend names her cats after shoes. Currently we're on 'Saucony' and 'Vasque'. They're about as smart as a pair of shoes so it makes sense in a way.

My game tag is Flynn Taggart and has been for years now. If you don't know why where that comes from, then you're not a true Doomer! :-)

My previous game tag was V8 Killer, after the license plate on my car. I have had a Supra since 1998 than more power than anyone could ever use on the street, and when I was young(er) I got my kicks out of whippin' up on Vettes, Camaros, TransAms, etc.

Dusty

Dusty said:

My game tag is Flynn Taggart and has been for years now. If you don't know why where that comes from, then you're not a true Doomer! :-)

Doom guy's real name is Doom guy. Flynn Taggart is some faggot poser.

Sigvatr said:

Flynn Taggart is some faggot poser.

Um okay, awesome feedback. I was referring to the name given to the hero in the Doom book series.

Dusty said:

Um okay, awesome feedback. I was referring to the name given to the hero in the Doom book series.

As was Sigvatr. Taggart, as a character, is completely non-canon, thus he's a poser.

Jodwin said:

As was Sigvatr. Taggart, as a character, is completely non-canon, thus he's a poser.

Never thought my screen name would cause such a stir. I'm not familiar with what exactly you mean by "non-canon". Do you guys mean the hero in the book series is too soft of a character?

Flynn Taggart is the name given to the main character, i.e. the hero, in the Doom books officially licensed out by id.
(I do realize that in the Doom games he was always referred to as Doom guy.)

These same books would later say the demons were actually aliens posing as demons called "Freds", and they would later be taken out by a stronger alien race called "newbies". ;)

My user name is a deformation of my first name. I started using it in written literature before I began accessing the Internet regularly.

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:
Oh, I just doomified Lin Daiyu. I say she's only have 10 HP means she's as weak as hell.

Aha, and I was already thinking she had the strength of 10 draft horses!

Dusty said:

Never thought my screen name would cause such a stir. I'm not familiar with what exactly you mean by "non-canon". Do you guys mean the hero in the book series is too soft of a character?

Flynn Taggart is the name given to the main character, i.e. the hero, in the Doom books officially licensed out by id.
(I do realize that in the Doom games he was always referred to as Doom guy.)

Non-canon (opposite of canon) meaning that it's unofficial information not inline with the actual story. Doomguy as he appears in the game is never said to have any particular name. The character of Flynn Taggart was made up for the novels, and while I don't have anything against the novels or Taggart per se, Taggart is not Doomguy. The fact that the books are licensed by id has nothing to do with anything: Similarly the Doom movie is licensed by id, and we know how much that has to do with the original story. In the same vein there are tons of licensed Dungeons and Dragons or Star Wars and so forth novels that have nothing to do with any kind of official story lines of their respective franchises.

The closest depiction of the real Doomguy in any literary piece of work is the character in the Doom comic, but even that is debatable as the original game manuals say that the Doomguy is supposed to be you. Of course it can't be everyone of us since, one, we know he's male, and two, we know what he looks like. But that still lets us create the character in our own minds and I'm sure that the comic's depiction of Doomguy's mental...capabilities don't match with everyone's idea of the character.

Bottom line, none of the literary depictions of Doomguy are officially the Doomguy. They are all separate, perhaps similar, characters, but none of them are the Doomguy. That is why Taggart got called a poser.