Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sahkan

So, how old are you ?

@Kontra Kommando Thanks for trying to make me feel better, but I'm already planning on changing my forum name. I've got it narrowed down to Dave The Geriatric, or Dave The Decrepit.

Dave The Daring said:

I will be 40 this July. Apparently that's when life really begins, but I find that difficult to believe.

More like the beginning of the end, as bits of you break down and/or fall off. I'll be 61 in July - woe is me. ;)

I'll be 30 years old on the 10th. Too old to be young; too young to be old.

I'm single, and I have no children, so I still have a relatively care-free lifestyle.

Kontra Kommando said:

I'll be 30 years old on the 10th. Too old to be young; too young to be old.

I'm single, and I have no children, so I still have a relatively care-free lifestyle.

Sounds like you're still really young despite almost being 30. Keep it up by 40 and you'll still be young (at heart at least).

My dad was playing Doom when it first came out and he's 60 right now. He stopped playing games a while back though, after RTCW made him stay up all night. Speaking of old fucks, whatever happened to fodders? Is he still alive? I vaguely remember something about heart surgery in one of his last posts, but I don't know if anything happened after that.

Anyway, for the record I'm in my 30s and I joined this site when I was 16. That's some crazy shit right there. Even weirder, I just read a post of mine from when I was 18. The state I was in almost made me shed a tear...goddamn I was a broken young man. Never read old posts of yours...it's not good for your mental fortitude.

34. I started posting here when I was 21. Dear flip.

grouchbag said:

So.....who is the oldest forum member?I'm older than Greyghost.

Based on info gleaned from various forum threads -

• Rich - 77
  • machoman127 - 72
  • Ty Halderman - 69
  • Biffy - 66
  • grouchbag - 64
  • fodders - 63
Kappes Buur sort of hinted at being 70 a couple of years back but might have been joking, while I'm apparently old enough to be Danarchy's dad.

GreyGhost said:

Based on info gleaned from various forum threads -

• Rich - 77
  • machoman127 - 72
  • Ty Halderman - 69
  • Biffy - 66
  • grouchbag - 64
  • fodders - 63
Kappes Buur sort of hinted at being 70 a couple of years back but might have been joking, while I'm apparently old enough to be Danarchy's dad.

It's kinda hard for me to believe there would be any one over 50 on the forums. Or really into gaming at all.

nxGangrel said:

It's kinda hard for me to believe there would be any one over 50 on the forums. Or really into gaming at all.

Wait, was I supposed to grow up?

probably wouldn't have these games today if it wasn't for us old gamers.

My parents were baby boomers. They were in their 20s in the 70s and that's when consoles and arcades first began. They both played games in the arcades and bought an Atari, then later a c64. They were both gamers through the 80s. After a bout of motion sickness while playing Wolfenstein 3D, my mom switched to just platformers and puzzle games and still plays the latter to this day. My dad swore off games after a marathon playthrough of RTCW convinced him that modern games are too engaging for him, and since then I've only seen him play Solitaire and the like. So yeah, my parents were both gamers, and if they had continued gaming would still be gamers in their 60s. Not too unreasonable.

Also, I'd like to point out that Richard Garriot, Will Wright, Sid Meier, Roberta Williams, Al Lowe, and Gabe Newell are all over 50 and some of them in their 60s, and they're some of the most influential game designers of all time.

My 85 year old mother's a fan of adventure and puzzle games, so long as there's no arcade sequences since she hasn't the reflexes to handle them.