Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

How many maps have you created / released? (Wadmaker's Wadography Thread)

I made one years ago with some friends, but me and one other did most of the work while one just posed for pics for the status bar. It was mostly an inside joke that would make little sense to people outside my close friend group. Replaced Doomguy’s face with a face of my friend and made the sound effects sound like a whiney brat (think they were from the QTest beta where quake guy sounds really dumb). Made the pain elemental into a blob of chocolate pudding. Replaced the rockets with penises so it looked like the cyberdemon was shooting dicks into your face (and yes, the explosion was white). Replaced the Lost Souls with Bill Cosby’s head, and added in a bunch of sounds from The Cosby Show so he’d roam around saying random things. Hey, this was pre controversy. Like 7-8 years before that stuff he did hit the news. 

Not sure whatever happened to it, but it’s probably best it’s a thing of the past lol. 

These are the only clips I have left:

For the record, I was a teenager at the time. 

Since then, I’ve been wanting to make serious WADs, at least just new levels, but have to take the time to do it and right now I only have so much free time that I’d rather use to play. 

i think i have already answered a thread that says the same, so im copypasting the post

uhhh i have:

Nukemap (1 map)

UAC Arena (1 map)

ANCenter (1 map)

FURDEMON.wad (5 maps)

DIMWERID.pk3 (3 maps)

Rising Base (1 map)

VOBM Labs (1 map)

and 3 more for a collab.

also 3 finished IMPSCAPE maps.

those all (except the collab and impscape maps) are listed on my webpage: https://urrova.github.io/mods.html

so i think i finished 19 maps (some are really large and took me like 2 months xD).

plus edits on negativeone maps.

Sorry for the MEGA bump, but I started wondering this just today after putting the finishing touches on my Jamal Jones maps. I was wondering if I'd gotten to 250 maps yet.. but nope, I'm still short at just 247. D'oh!!

1 hour ago, Doomkid said:

Sorry for the MEGA bump, but I started wondering this just today after putting the finishing touches on my Jamal Jones maps. I was wondering if I'd gotten to 250 maps yet.. but nope, I'm still short at just 247. D'oh!!

Slacker

Exactly 11, all contained in the same WAD (Dominus Diabolus) and made within the last year. I've made a lot of little prototype maps since about 1995 or so, but I've never actually released any of them (and they weren't anything special, anyway).

I've also done a couple of remakes for projects, but I'm not counting those.

In terms of stuff I've released publicly, I counted 55 maps.

Maps I haven't shared are a completely different story. There's at least 100 of those if you count maps I started but didn't actually finish.

On 2/15/2019 at 4:20 PM, Philnemba said:

Doom Odyssey is getting a sequel!? 

tenor.gif?itemid=11068079

Getting closer to public beta release!, Watch this space.

So... I've created a few maps. And 99% of them are for the same megawad.

Original Hell Invasion: This was when I didn't even have a Doomworld account and I just got hold of Doom Builder 2. No, I had no idea how to use it. The Original Hell Invasion is never going to see the light of day because I don't have that file anymore. I wish I did though. I feel like it would be fun to release them as bad as they were. The maps also didn't have any custom names but I remember young teen me thinking up names for the maps in my head and though I don't remember what those names were, I think it might be fun to just make up new names for them based on my memory of them.

-MAP01: The City. I made this map before I knew how skyboxes or doors worked. It took place in a big "City" which was just one big room with Startan walls and default floor and ceiling. There were "Buldings" which were just really thick pillars all over the place. The room was really tall.

-MAP02: Run!. Tons of monsters that you can't kill + damaging floor. You need to run to the exit.

-MAP03: The Maze. I wanted to create a maze but I didn't know exactly how walls worked. So what you had was a maze of textured linedefs with a Mancubus Boss at the end.

-MAP04: Fortress. Hey look! Zulk figured out how to use Doors! It was a very basic, badly textured castle map. It was really short too.

-MAP05: The Tightrope. You start off in a big open room. Now comes with sky because I finally figured out how skies work.It had small 32-unit wide catwalks over inescapable pits. There were much wider platforms connected by these walkways that had enemies and ammo on them. You were given a rocket launcher.

-MAP06: The Complex. A very basic techbase map. It featured a sewer section that had very weird texture choices. It had an inescapable pit where a key was. You press a switch to raise the floor to get the key safely.

-MAP07: The Rooftops. Swapped to Skulltag format mid-megawad. This is called "The Rooftops" but it was actually just like 4 outdoor rooms. It featured mancubi, Arachnotron and a too big arena boss fight vs 4 Belphegors.

-MAP08: The Communications Base. Another generic techbase map that has a lot of that white STARTAN texture. I don't know texture names. The only note worthy thing about this map was one huge-ass staircase.

-MAP09: City Dome. A second attempt at a City map. It honestly wasn't better than the first. At least it had actual doors and a sky now. Still had buildings that were unreasonably tall though. You press switches to lower whole-ass buildings to get the keys. Also you fight Belphegors.

-MAP10: The Mall. I never actually finished this one. It had a lot of dark lighting effects. Probably was going to be the best map teen me would have made.

Explorers: The Ruins: I wanted to make a multi-wad series revolving around a marine that was stuck in Hell after the events of Doom 2 and now just wanders hell, looking for a way out and visiting interesting locations in the process. In the first (and the only) installment of the Explorers series, the marine finds himself in a ruins. Too bad the execution was jank though. It was bad and noobish UDMF map. It's actually ON idgames and you can play it if you want. 

Hell Invasion (Retry): This is my current Megawad that I'm working on. As the name implies, this is actually a 2nd attempt at making Hell Invasion, the megawad I wanted to make ever since I downloaded Doom Builder 2. Many of the maps of this UDMF megawad are remakes and remixes of maps from the Original Hell Invasion. For better or for worse, I was remaking the maps based on memory because I don't have the original files anymore. Since this Hell Invasion is available, I don't need to describe the maps very much.

-MAP01: Godspeed.
-MAP02: Outer fort.

-MAP03: Inner fort.

-MAP04: Target Acquired (Remake of Fortress)
-MAP05: Duped! (Based on a dream I had)
-MAP06:The Complex (Remake of The Complex)
-MAP07: This Again? (Remake of Rooftops)
-MAP08: Communications Base (Actually not a remake of MAP08 of original Hell Invasion. Instead it's loosely based on a different dream I had)
-MAP09: Among the Enemy (Remake of City Dome)
-MAP10: Bad Lighting (Remake of The Mall)
-MAP12: Round 2
-MAP13: Sinking Sanctuary

Doom 2: The Way We Remember It: I made a map for this CP when it was still being made.

-Tricks and Traps. It's in MAP34 or something.

Wrongway: Another CP that hasn't been updated in a bit. The theme was that we remake the Doom 2 maps but reverse the entry and exits.

-MAP04: Sucof Eht. 

Baron Door Triology: A submitted a bunch of maps for Baron Door. Only two of them were serious though and one of them I was half-serious. Ironically one of the serious maps is the best map I have made so far.

-Baron Door MAP17: Oops!
-Baron Door MAP32: Is the Sky A Door? (This is the best map I have made so far)

-Bonus Door MAP06: Keydo.wad
-Bonus Door MAP07: Purtel.wad

-Bonus Door MAP16: Chase the Light; Barons Chase you Endlessly (The Semi-serious Map)

-Bonus Door MAP28: Baronic Space Elevator (The second serious map)

That's all for now.

On 6/10/2022 at 6:26 PM, Doomkid said:

Apparently I’m up to 184 released, having put out another 58 since participating in this thread, which is a lot more productive than I was expecting! I have another six maps tied up in two barely-started megaWAD projects, one of which is so vanilla you’ll be very hyped for it, whenever I get round to a release.

Edited by Phobus

Just reached 160; depending on what I count, there's a standard deviation of +/-5 or so maps.

In the six months I've been mapping, about 40 of release quality (split between this map pack, my upcoming megawad and a number of community projects), and15 or so that went into the trash can - counting only complete, playable maps.

Edited by Thelokk

I'll reach 100 maps released with the final version of 'What is health?' CP :)

I've released 5 so far; all as part of community projects. Currently working on my first solo-release. It's going to be very weird :)

I have released a total of 40 maps with another 2 in community projects that I hope come out soon. I am also working on a new map set with 3 maps so far and plan on make a few more before releasing them.

Temple of the Seventh Circle - 1

Azazels Second Descent - 33

Rabbit's All-comers Mapping Project 2022 - map 85

Thirty Monsters Challenge - map 50 

Doomium - map 20 

Bloodbaths Terrible Vacation - 4

On 1/10/2016 at 3:11 AM, Tristan said:

Three and a half years I've been here. This is just sad :

now approaching 11 years, that number has grown to something like 9 maps (3 collabs) and apparently 57 MIDIs not counting covers/remixes, so on average that's 0.82 maps and 5.18 MIDIs per year.

idk man it's not much better

Haven't seen this until now. Been mapping for almost three years, since July 2020.

This excludes any progression-stopping maps in the WADs.

First Blood = 14

Boaty McBoatwad = 2

3x3 = 1

- MAP02: Waterlogged*

Bloodbath: Hell's Deepest = 7
Demonkind's Dwelling (single)

Heavenly Rock (single)

Tenth Gear = 1

- MAP29: If At First You Don't Succeed...

Half Moon = 1

- Pt. 2, MAP12: Clockwise Knockoff

Detrimental = 3

Doom: The Way We Remember It = 1

- E2M9: Mortress of Fistery

Interstice (single)

Christmas Cheer from the Chill Zone = 1

- MAP19: Forgotten Memory

Shades of Azure* = 12

5 Minutes to Kill = 2

- MAP15: Ignorance is Bliss

- MAP31: Less Likely Than You Think

Against the Spirits (Redux) (single)

Capybara = 1

- MAP17: Sequence 99

Hordamex = 1

- MAP17: Trapped in Another Gothic Hellscape

The Mountaineer = 5

2023 (so far)

Disillusion, Ch. 1: Subsided, Without a Virtue = 2

panicstation.pk3 = 6

Speed Weed = 1

- MAP04: Cabin of the Chunted*

Violetshift = 8

Unreleased or finished+scrapped maps = 10

TOTAL: 83

*Technically was made in the previous year but whatever.

EDIT: Updated 7/27/23.

Edited by KeaganDunn

On 5/17/2021 at 1:58 PM, Arrowhead said:

Have to change my own numbers already! New numbers are 55 made, and 41 published. Just published FrantikDM today! :)

Wow, been a while since I've updated this.

New numbers as of 2023-10-14:

245 maps released.

(203 DM maps, 34 CTF maps, 8 SP maps)

+ 7 maps unreleased.

https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Colton_Murchison_(Arrowhead)

Been mapping since last December.  So still kinda new.

Blood Grave 3 maps

Meat Machine 4 maps

Early Mass 5 maps

B L E A K 4 maps

2 maps for a TNT  Finer Doom CP

1 map for a SmashTV CP

1 Map for 1kx1k CP 

1 Map for Darkzone CP(included in B L E A K as well)

1 map for Paint It Doom CP

2 maps done so far for this unreleased project I'm still working on that I'm gonna count.

So 23 total, not too bad when mapping turned out to be so fun it overtook every other hobby I had lol

EDIT: forgot about my vaporwave aesthetic map I did for paint it doom :)

Edited by Treehouseminis