Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Revenant100

Inspiration for the Mancubus finally tracked down on film

Elephant feet, check; six breasts, check and then a dozen more at least; no actual melee attack, check.

Yep, this is the mancubus alright.

2 hours ago, Revenant100 said:

I have delved deep into the anals of movie history

Unless it involved proctology, you probably need another 'n' here.

Interesting!

He sure was a wimp in the early days. Looks like he just wanted to go get a burger or something when the other guy started snacking on him.

lol @ proctology. Well he did have to go to the arse end of the film bunker to find that movie clip.

Edited by Doom_Dude

That clip was super frustrating.  Like the proto-Manc could have easily splatted that other dudes head but instead just flailed around looking aggrieved.

That's a species destined for extinction.

5 minutes ago, Bauul said:

That clip was super frustrating.  Like the proto-Manc could have easily splatted that other dudes head but instead just flailed around looking aggrieved.

That's a species destined for extinction.

I've seen the whole film. That big dude is only there to act like a distraction to the carnivore monster. Before the appearance of big dude, carnivore monster is trying to snack on the protagonists. You can see the protagonists sneak back into the house at the end of the film.

4 minutes ago, The Maverick013 said:

Now I want to see a stop-motion Doom movie.

You mean like this?

My beautiful obese child. I finally know the context for your grotesque corpulent design I love so much. And it's a clip of the creature being fucking bullied by a space lizard. For shame ; ~;

Now we know why it has flame cannons, the poor creature couldn't defend itself from that mutated dinosaur.

There's so much to love about this thread, I don't even know where to begin...

someone should put doom sound effects over the video. And maybe duke nukem enforcer sfx for the lizard dude.

For posterity and for the sake of avoiding Facebook:

74JjTKy.jpg

Here is some Doom trivia.... here is the creature (the guy in the center) that inspired my original Mancubus model for DOOM. From a low budget flick from the early 80s, The-Day-Time-Ended.

fkoIskC.jpg

doom_collector

Gregor Punchatz tells... #Doomzine

About Spider Mastermind: "Believe it or not I had never heard of Krang (From TMNT) before I made Spider Mastermind. This guy from invaders from Mars mixed with the Gremlins." About Spider Mastermind's material of waist: "Plastic container for putting food into the refrigerator"

About Mancubus: "I never saw the movie it’s called the The Day Time Ended. I just like this picture." #gregorpunchatz #idsoftware #doom #doom2 #doomcollector #tmnt #spidermastermind #mancubus

If people can read Turkish (I guess it's Turkish, because I see those dotless i being used), we can get a few more tidbits out of that picture.

I just noticed the mancubus reference in that picture is quite anatomically correct.

I am going to guess that everyone here agrees that Doom Eternal is going to be the best FPS game once it gets released for the public to see

(I know that what I said doesn't have anything to do with the Mancubus's design)

Just now, TheImpisthePimp said:

I am going to guess that everyone here agrees that Doom Eternal is going to be the best FPS game once it gets released for the public to see

Not me, nothing can top Doom 1/Half-Life 2 in terms of FPS games for me.

7 hours ago, Gez said:

If people can read Turkish (I guess it's Turkish, because I see those dotless i being used), we can get a few more tidbits out of that picture.

Transcribed and put through Google Translate (it is Turkish:)

"Ask me about my Mancubus"

Gregor Punchatz - Creator Designer in the DOOM series

There are many who argue that Spider Mastermind in Doom was inspired by the Krang in Ninja Turtles. Of course, I am talking about social media chats. So is this really so? I asked the expert, the creator of Spider Mastermind, Gregor Punchatz. The answer was short and clear. Moreover, a picture, a source of inspiration, shared with me...

"Believe it or not, but before I made Spider Mastermind, I didn't know Krang, I never heard of it. A creature from the movie Invaders from Mars in this photo." Another source of inspiration is Gremlins.

By the way, for the preparation of the metal-looking region that surrounds the spider mastermind's waist. Do you know what to use Gregor? One of the plastic containers we use to store food in the refrigerator.

What about Mancubus?

"The name of the movie is The Day Time Ended. I never watched the movie, but I liked this photo." Here is the source inspired by Mancubus.

So there's two things I didn't know: The Mancubus was also inspired by Gremlins (the movie, I presume?) somehow.

And also, the Spider-Mastermind was inspired by this adorable feller from Invaders from Mars:

1646331211_invadersfrommarsspidermastermind.jpg.1c3485f750b5bd61957f4770e6b9f64a.jpg

Edited by Nootrac4571

Just now, TheImpisthePimp said:

If it has mod support then yes, it might be the best.

46 minutes ago, TheImpisthePimp said:

(I know that what I said doesn't have anything to do with the Mancubus's design)

Yeah the day everyone agrees about a game on the Internet is the day I become a world famous lingerie model. 

48 minutes ago, MassiveEdgelord said:

I thought that this was gonna be a shitpost thread

If I was gonna do that, I would have posted this thread with a video of your mom. Heyooo!

1 hour ago, Revenant100 said:

If I was gonna do that, I would have posted this thread with a video of your mom. Heyooo!

Damn, bro. You got the whole squad laughing.

ao_shapiro.jpg