Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Death Egg

Classic DOOM General Survey 2023

Done.

I left "favorite mod" and "favorite pwad" blank though. I find picking a single answer totally impossible. 

Did some minor edits to remove accidental implicit bias and make some questions clearer. Only 8 responses at the moment, but worth noting still.

Done. :)  I look forward to seeing the results if you're allowed to share.  Good luck in your research class.

PS: Couldn't choose a nationality as Scottish wasn't an option and goodness knows I've never felt less a part of the UK as I do in these times. :)

Finished the survey! Looking forward to seeing that data, especially the favorite Doom campaign. Every time someone asks what the best official game is, no one agrees. Plutonia probably gets it, I almost picked it but it has some levels I kinda hate. So Ultimate Doom won out again. Also curious about the favorite PWAD question. I picked CC2, but that wasn't easy. 

Just saying, MP probably includes coop but it sounds like it doesn't in the survey, or maybe I'm reading it wrong.

I only do MP Coop Speedrunning, but I picked "sometimes" anyway.

Cool, just submitted my results. A good question to have added would've been what player's use to control the game (controller, kb only, mouse + kb, etc).

Just completed it. Interesting set of questions, some were harder to answer than I expected (like "favourite campaign"). I think you've done a great job making the questions clear and unambiguous, I often struggle with surveys that ask me to pick an answer when none fit, but the only ones where this could've been an issue there was a "depends" option. I look forward to the results if you do get your school's consent. Good luck with the class!

Done! 

Just one small criticism: You had multiplayer questions about online play and split screen, but none about LAN multiplayer, which is how I mainly play multiplayer. 

"What is your preferred gender?" -  Is this a question about my gender or about my sexual orientation?

11 minutes ago, DoomGater said:

"What is your preferred gender?" -  Is this a question about my gender or about my sexual orientation?

Your gender/gender identity.

Anyway, as I was completing the survey, I have learned about the Tapwave Zodiac, yet another console I did not know about! :o

2 hours ago, DoomGater said:

As stated by @Rudolph, it's meant to be your gender identity.

Thank you to everyone who's answered so far and for all of the things you've pointed out. I definitely am getting good information both for my assignment and for what to do for the next time should I do this again in the future. I'll use another site like Strawpoll next time since, as pointed out by people on Discord, Google wasn't really the best choice. I also want to fix the wording of some questions next time and introduce a few questions mentioned here. (A couple I even thought about but forgot to actually put in the survey like the controller/mouse and keyboard one. Whoops!)

39 minutes ago, Astro X said:

Results when?

I'll probably be closing the poll tomorrow at some point, and will be writing my report soon after. At some point in the next week or so I should be posting the results.

On 3/7/2023 at 1:06 AM, Dusty_Rhodes said:

Plutonia probably gets it

I had to pick it, even though I also love Doom 1 and TNT

Got it, just in time it seems. Every data point helps. :) I almost missed it.

Like most, I had a hard time picking favorites, but as the vicissitudes of life strike me right now, I had to give it to hideous destructor (mod) and the Temple of the Lizardmen series.
I love unreal and doom, and having both at once in one quirky package? *chefs kiss*