Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xenaero

Culling Strike - Zandronum Deathmatch Community Project

it was super exciting to get my paws on some new textures and create this cool little map! and as a person who's mostly done singleplayer mapping and moved to deathmatch mapping in recent months, I can promise it's a worthwhile experience to go through. we'd love to have you join us!

Very thrilled to work on this with you all! This will be the first Supercharge deathmatch set, and building Tango's mod around that free-for-all environment will be an interesting project in itself. Makkon's textures should also make for some very pretty looking modern deathmatch maps, which is what Doom multiplayer and especially Zandronum should definitely have more. I'm really eager to see what cool stuff people can make for this project!

For those who haven't hopped in the Hellforge Discord, where we're coordinating the project, there have been some developments since the announcement! It has been a busy week! If you want to jump in on the action and try your hand at some multiplayer madness, join the Discord and ping me, I'll get you rolling! If you're interested in contributing a map outside of the Discord, hit me up here and I'll see what I can do to accommodate!

Some new powerups have been added to the mix for some extra multiplayer flavor!

3Fck8Er.gif

The Hastesphere! Pick up this cool blue orb and get 30 seconds of increased movement speed and firing speed!
The Quadsphere! Touch this crimson orb and feel the power! Specifically, four times your damage for 30 seconds!

The Randomsphere! You may be reminded of a Skulltag-era powerup, and it works in a similiar way! You have a chance to pick up a Soulsphere, Megasphere, Hastesphere or Quadsphere when you run into it! Be sure to time it carefully...

We're kicking off the mapping period officially starting today! Here's some screenshots from works in progress from @Insane_Gazebo, @notTyrone, @StormCatcher.77, and @ProverbialGamer!

zYUBZY8.jpegLSPfyIl.jpegsVe0fep.jpegPpmihcn.png

It's less than an hour away from the public event going live! Of course, we have made a compilation for this event, packing everything that has been made over the past three months into one pk3!

If you don't want to download it when the event goes live, you can get it ahead of time here:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/vdq3rls0q6u0cczav76pm/cullingstrike-v1.pk3?rlkey=8panykvljnzl8k5loe4fnfs6u&dl=0

Because the server is hosted on TSPG, you will need to join a server running Zandronum 3.2 Alpha, so if your server browser will not automatically install testing versions, check this link to get that set up:

https://wiki.zandronum.com/Setting_up_testing_versions

At the top of the hour, fire up your favorite server browser, be it Doomseeker or Doom Explorer, and look for the Zandronum server [TSPG] Culling Strike Release Party!

That was a lot of fun, we went for a full rotation and the server was pretty packed the whole way through! Thank you to all the mappers and modders that made this set possible! Version 1.1 came out shortly after to address an edge case of client-side prediction weirdness with latency and the railgun, which you can download from TSPG when you connect to the server, but that's a wrap! Congratulations to the team!

Thank you @Xenaero for letting me be the map opener for the mapset! Congrats on the Cacoward Everyone!

wait, you moved mine to map14- still happy to contribute.

Edited by SkeletronMK666