• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Beast Bottaro

What is the CORRECT way to write DOOM?

DOOM writing  

73 members have voted

1. 1. How do you prefer to write DOOM?

I've been with this doubt in the back of my mind for quite a while and since I just came here I wanted to ask

What would be the correct way to write "DOOM"?
"Doom" / "DOOM" / "DooM"

And how do you prefer to say it and why?

In my opinion I think DOOM in upper case is the superior way to write it, it makes the word stand out a lot more even for titles or file names, like it's intended, but I still have that doubt.

So idk, just that.
          👁

Edited by Beast Bottaro : Edit the poll and text

The correct way is "Whatever goddamn way you feel like writing it". I really don't understand why this topic keeps coming up. Seriously, who cares?

Edited by Murdoch

I would select all 3 options because it's complicated and depends on how I'm feeling on the matter at that particular moment.

Just "doom", like the executable.

@Maximum Matt You sure you don't mean "Doom ]["? Every time I see it in a readme I get even angrier over it lol

31 minutes ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

I just say Doom when talking about it

But how is that actually pronounced??

3 hours ago, spineapple tea said:

Doom and anybody who spells it like DooM is a DorK.

Correct. 

2 hours ago, houston said:

You sure you don't mean "Doom ]["?

Okay, that's the next poll - is it Doom II, Doom 2, Doom Two, Doom ][, Doom The Second, Romero Doom, Better Doom, Worse Doom, Doom Di Doom Doom Doom, or SSG Doom?!?

2 hours ago, Maximum Matt said:

Okay, that's the next poll - is it Doom II, Doom 2, Doom Two, Doom ][, Doom The Second, Romero Doom, Better Doom, Worse Doom, Doom Di Doom Doom Doom, or SSG Doom?!?

It's Doom 5318008

Edited by Zulk RS

WooD

and I think that about wraps up the funni versions.

Is there an objectively correct way? No.

Given the graphic it could be argued DooM is closest to it but even then the more important question is, why should anyone care.

I suppose the only grammatically correct way though is Doom since it's a name so the first letter should be capital.

I use "Doom" because that's what looks normal to me.

Using "DOOM" feels corporate. It looks like it really wants to be "DOOM®".

Using "DooM" or any sort of variation with letter substitution (like D00M or whatever) feels like an attempt at r3v1v1n6 t3h 13375p34|< 0f t3h 90s. It's kind of charming but also kind of silly.

Using "doom" without any capitalization feels like you're just being too lazy to use caps probably because ur typin on a phone or smth and also prolly 2 lazy 4 punct marks cuz who cares bout em anyways