Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Those models are the bee's knees, Jimbo!

That cyberdemon/hammerfist thing looks sick. Kind of reminds me of the minotaur.

I'm pretty sure part of that sprite's from the Maulotaur, so that wouldn't be an entirely misplaced observation...

Cell said:

Looks prettily awesomish gorgeous!!! *.*
Does it even have the musictracks of the original ones? Way cool!

It does! Midi and mp3 for those who will want :D

Rayzik, those screens look really good.

Thanks Death Egg and Nomad! I have actually sort of taken a step back in the modeling, back to when I started modeling. Trying to revive that old spirit when modeling was fun. Seems to be working :)

Rayzik: Usually I've hated that TILE texture, but it fits pretty nicely in that level.

I decided to make the model showroom level into a proper level. These are showing what's on the other side of that room...

Jimi said:

Rayzik: Usually I've hated that TILE texture, but it fits pretty nicely in that level.

BLASPHEMY. That texture is the greatest from plutonia :(

The colors of that water are nice and soft, helps make it seem more "watery" honestly. Is that your custom palette for that project?

Same palette, but the colors in the textures shifted brighter. I can use the darker original water somewhere too. The wfall textures are somewhere between, so they should work with both.

Here's one more...

It's almost like a giant pool of cacodemon blood.

Still, it's a pretty awesome result for such a simple color change, and it goes great with the tech-base enviroment.

Reminds me a lot of the Heretic water now.

Holy shit, Rayzik, looks like a masterpiece.

Also the 4th shot reminds me of the open sky hallways part from the Dark Citadel map of Doom 64.

A good decision, IMHO. The buildings look still rather human-made; lakes of blood are more surreal and should possibly belong to clearly hellish environments when used in such "volumes".

Furthermore: When all the buildings look so "abandoned", why should blood there still be fresh?

I liked it with the blood. Maybe at least the nukage could be blood instead?

I made a blue sky with brown mountains from the E1 sky, thought it would fit better with the brighter water than the brown D2 sky... maybe it could have less noise?

Jimi, I usually love what you do but that clashes all over the place. Too many colours shared between the sky and the scenery.

The sky looks odd, I think. It might work better with something similar to Plutonia's SKY1, where one shade of very light blue is used as a backdrop for some white/gray clouds. Also, it doesn't make sense to have the distant E1 mountains fading into beige fog if the sky isn't a color that could reasonably be on the other end of that brown->beige->something gradient.

between a study session and another, i found a bit of time to do something for blasphemere, and trying to do some lighting. do you have any suggestion for it?

I think it looks great so far! Should be noted though that the wand has changed. What slot number is that? We also have planned themes.

Lo Wang would certainly be envious.

Ancient Chinese Secret!

so much good stuff to see here every time...

springy: i took inspiration directly from the story, so it is meant to be an episode 1 map. also since it is some kind of cemetery, it could be placed in e1m1, of course a minor change to the starting area and you can place it anywhere in the episode (even e1m9 if you want it to be some kind of easter egg).