Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZeMystic

Daylight District | A 7-level vanilla episode! - RC3!

Thanks for having me on to test and record demos! 

Don't miss this one y'all, this set has some of the best maps I've played this year. Absolutely rock-solid level design.

Shoutouts to Bobby!

Looking forward to recording some FDAs of this over the coming week! Is it actually an official Squonker Team release, or is it a side project?

Just finished the first two levels and having a blast! The first map is pretty chill but I was sweating a bit during Hustle Bones. Looking forward to playing the rest tomorrow.

3 hours ago, myolden said:

We came, we saw, we squonkered.

Myolden did you build all these maps?

3 hours ago, Andrea Rovenski said:

Can't wait to play. 👍

I'm sure as heck you can't wait to play this wad Andrea!

Tried to finish all in one sitting, so far Map04 is very fun I really love that map. Skipped the slaughter stuff, not my thing, still some of the maps are a blast. I hope you all continue making great wads in the future.

Great work as usual, Squonkers. Works as a lovely green counterpart to Moonlit District. Highlights for me this time around were The Place Building Itself (major BTSX energy) and Hacker, and I'll say that Hydropump caught me off guard with its significantly hotter start (and a moderately evil secret fight) compared to the previous two maps. Everyone delivered handily.

Some minor bugs:
Map01: in the bottom left corner of the map, sector 394 with the single imp in it isn't tagged to pop-up like its sister sector 396, so the imp inside is unreachable.

Map03: looks like there's no proper sound propagation on this set of closets in the top left of the map, so they never wake up (the empty ones are multiplayer-only monsters)

Spoiler

2ysVKfD.png

Edit: forgot the obligatory ditzy playthrough demos, -dsdademo and play back on v.0.27.5 - daylightdistrict-maribo.zip

I’m really looking forward to playing this and finally getting back into classic DOOM this year!  I’m glad that I was able to contribute to the soundtrack with my songs “A New Day” and “Restart.”  I’ll be giving the WAD a blind playthrough on my channel soon :D

Fun maps, nice work. Hope to see more from you guys throughout this year.

why does dropbox always want to make me create an account just to download stuff lately... so frustrating...

oh wait nevermind. at the bottom of there login window under the continue button is a "download only" option :)

46 minutes ago, Insaneprophet said:

why does dropbox always want to make me create an account just to download stuff lately... so frustrating...

oh wait nevermind. at the bottom of there login window under the continue button is a "download only" option :)

They're slowly taking pages out of the YT playbook, hopefully it won't degenerate.

2 hours ago, Maribo said:

Great work as usual, Squonkers. Works as a lovely green counterpart to Moonlit District. Highlights for me this time around were The Place Building Itself (major BTSX energy) and Hacker, and I'll say that Hydropump caught me off guard with its significantly hotter start (and a moderately evil secret fight) compared to the previous two maps. Everyone delivered handily.

Some minor bugs:
Map01: in the bottom left corner of the map, sector 394 with the single imp in it isn't tagged to pop-up like its sister sector 396, so the imp inside is unreachable.

Map03: looks like there's no proper sound propagation on this set of closets in the top left of the map, so they never wake up (the empty ones are multiplayer-only monsters)

Hide contents

2ysVKfD.png

Edit: forgot the obligatory ditzy playthrough demos, -dsdademo and play back on v.0.27.5 - daylightdistrict-maribo.zip

Haha thanks. Yeah, "the place building itself" is pretty much tesco value "the room taking shape" lmao

When I see these mapper names I know I'm in for some quality -- and was not wrong! Another great production. Recommended for everyone.

Back with a few first impressions after finishing the first 2 maps. Very very positive, I love the pastel green and the challenging but fair combat. Feels nice to be able to sweat without aggravation. I can already see it being a beautiful companion to Tetanus and Moonlight District. I do want to flag a couple of things:

1. An imp is stuck in MAP01 and won't come out to play (the one in the triangular sector). Screenshot attached.

2. Something's gone wrong with the colored blood dehacked patch that I normally use, in the sense that blood splatter is not a nice gradient, but a single color. I've seen some similar problems in Eviternity, could it have something to do with how the palette changes the greens and the blues? Screen attached with caco bleeding (not a very good one, sorry, you might need to zoom in).

But....yeah, great job Squonkers. I'm having a great time so far.

doom48.png

doom55.png

Back with another update - I had trouble with some monster closets in MAP03, the monsters didn't spawn in. Screen attached. Btw the secret megasphere fight is...something. Definitely doable but I died so many times to my own rockets!

doom00.png

Not bad at all. I like the vibes with this mapset. The colors used throughout the mapset and that new sky texture look really nice.