Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bonnie

Favorite midis?

Sunder's map 10 is Sneaky Snake from Duke Nukem 3D, composed by Bobby Prince. Map14 is an original track by Jimmy i can't remember the name of, though it's got a Heretic/Hexen-ish feel to it.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

<Drilling by Night>

If anyone's interested in hearing an alternate version of this, the track I based it off is something I did in an hour or so back in late 2011.

There is a lot I really like that has already already mentioned, but this track from Vile Flesh is definitely one of my favorites!

I think a lot of the reason I love it so much is how enamored I was with map28 when I first played it, years ago on a Skulltag coop server. The map felt like a really long journey, and the music really amplified that feeling for me.

Since Vile Flesh was brought up.

Mentioned nowhere near enough.

Space Jiggle by Stewboy.  That bridge section and the dissonant transition that begins at 1:21 is quite unique.

Coal and Liquid Luck by Jimmy and Hardcore by Sam Woodman (The Darkening E2 map10 -- whichever is the one in 7/8 time) I should also mention.  There is also that yakfak midi that was momentarily used in map11 of an early beta of TNT2 Revilution.  I had to download the early beta of the map tourniquet posted to find it.

I loved this one, from this weird wad. It actually had a really cool soundtrack. I think all the songs were original, and from the wad creators band.

Example:

D_STALKS from Back To Saturn X E1 has got to be one of the best custom MIDI used in a Doom mapset.

Map 28 of MAYhem2048, not sure of the name or the artist (perhaps someone could link me in the right direction). My god, the chords, the melody, it's just so soothing and wonderful to listen to.

53 minutes ago, Crunchynut44 said:

Map 28 of MAYhem2048, not sure of the name or the artist (perhaps someone could link me in the right direction). My god, the chords, the melody, it's just so soothing and wonderful to listen to.

stewboy strikes again! Sounded very familiar; managed to get it in one. It's simply listed as '10.mid' in my local collection, so it must have been made around the time when he stopped bothering to name his tracks. Part of the OST for Interception.

I love these midis: Holy Hell map 2 and 3, Speed of Doom map 14 and 31, Chillax map 5 and 40, COB-Lake Bodom (I never find it used in any map though), disturbed-infection midi version (this too, never find in any map yet), Alien Vandetta map 30 :) :) :)

55 minutes ago, Yousuf Anik said:

COB-Lake Bodom (I never find it used in any map though)

do you have a link to this midi friend i am very interested

Midis I really like to listen:

"Astral dreadnought" and "Coal" by Jimmy.

"I choose the strairs" from Rise of the triad.

I really live Freedoom's map09 midi. Overdriven guitar+music box is an epic combination.

- Preperation D. Lee Jackson 

- Give In(with pleasure). Mark Klem

- Damage Assessment.  Mark Klem

- Icicles. Jimmy Paddock

And of course many many more...

*bURP*

i Uploaded this and its still my favorite ( SKIP TO 0:37 for best part)

36 minutes ago, A7MAD said:

*bURP*

i Uploaded this and its still my favorite ( SKIP TO 0:37 for best part)

Yep , KoD's midis are awesome , you should listen this version of Fight to the End.

Good lord, I have so many BUT, here are the two main ones I'm listening to right now (as in, they are respectively my alarm and ringtone): 

Valiant's map 27 midi (I think it is from gundam endless duel): 

Ancient aliens' map 16 midi (Space jiggle by stuart "stewboy" rynn): 

Other than that, I guess I like most tracks used in valiant and ancient aliens heh

On 7/31/2017 at 9:01 PM, T0aMasta32423 said:

This.

When you are randomly spamming your piano tiles...

Zach Siegel - "Infinite Sky" (used in Slaughterfest 2012's MAP25) is probably my biggest favorite.

Honorable mentions:

Jimmy's "Postmodern Muck" (Valiant.wad - MAP13)

Tyrian 2000 theme (used in MAP01 of Lunatic)

esselfortium's "Entering" (from MAP01 of Back to Saturn) 

I could name a ton of others. I was actually trying to put together a list of the best MIDIs but it got lost :/ 

This midi comes from "The misadventures of Tron Bonne". A very relaxing track but kinda depressing.

Spoiler

I don't think I've seen this posted anywhere in the thread:

The awesome midi file can be found in the description.

4 hours ago, bonnie said:

snip

A really powerful remix, yeah. I also love the looser remix of the same song (also by Eris) that's used as the intermission track in Revilution (too bad most people will only hear the first five seconds of it, because it's pretty phenomenal). Eris is probably the best midi remixer I've ever heard -- he manages to take the essential character of any given song and magnify it into something that hits way harder than the original but is still totally recognizable.

!

@bonnie Have you played THT: Threnody? antares pulled out an absolute stunner of a map to go with this midi so I can recommend checking it out, it's a strong wad all round really.

@Not Jabba thanks for the kind words! I'd say that Legion of the Lost probably exaggerates my abilities though, as it's a very melancholic piece to begin with, and that's the kind of sound that clicks with me the most I suppose.