Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

MAYhem 2018 - Purple Version!

It would be nice if somebody playtested my map, I'm a bit restless because nobody's said anything in over a week :S.

5 minutes ago, Forli said:

It would be nice if somebody playtested my map, I'm a bit restless because nobody's said anything in over a week :S.

Heh, I played it and meant to get around to commentary. 

It has many fun encounters by I ended up using the SG/CG on lots of mid-tiers to preserve cell ammo for the necessary encounters, and that was boring. SSG should not be a secret imo. I'd make the SSG freely available relatively early and then add a secret RL with maybe 15-20 total rockets available in the map. 

Exit fight was pretty cool. 

I updated my map. This update mostly focuses on visual details. Gameplay remains largely the same except there are more enemies behind the exit shutter and less energy cells on UV difficulty.

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/08aplfckqjrff1a/MH18P_Nailbiter_Swalzi_v2.wad?dl=1

-----
v2 details:

Spoiler

♦ Details:
  • Replaced sky window above tower with a giant sewer pipe. Lowered brightness levels in those sectors.
  • Added a bit more flat details in main arena.
  • Changed large window textures.
  • Slightly altered geography in the outside area near the entry.
  • Realigned textures and fixed incorrect flats.

♦ UV difficulty:
  • Energy cell count for entire map reduced from 1560 to 1260. Not including backpack and plasma rifles.
  • Reduced box of bullets and shellboxes in red key area.
  • Added several more enemies behind exit shutter.

♦ Multiplayer:
  • Added teleport multiplayer-only cell packs for the final encounter on UV to replace the small energy cells.
  • Replaced two mancubi at front entrance with hell knights.
  • Added a few enemy placements.

Edited by Swalzi

Murasaki

by rdwpa and myself

Midi is "Compulsion" by Jimmy (huge thanks to him for this!)

No automap cleanup or difficulty settings yet (beware!).

tYdRfIT.jpg

Edited by Scotty

I'm almost done constructing mine (haven't started working on the gameplay though). I haven't had much time today, and I might end up needing an extra day or something, dunno if Obsidian would allow that. Screenshots: 

Spoiler

dJQkk25.png

Cgz31Mf.png

19 minutes ago, AD_79 said:

I might end up needing an extra day or something, dunno if Obsidian would allow that.

I think I might also need that :(

Alright, not long now till the deadline hits! I'm gonna be nice about it though: for now, you only need to submit something playable. I'll allow difficulty settings and (some) detailing to be added over June while the compiling and playtesting takes place.

This is what I have now. I'm filling the whole cave area with monsters and details all over at the moment.

1417906182_purple_mayhem(editarea)at2018_05.3106-23-37.963R3018.jpg.8024740b64bcf7918b1f1457fbdd3a26.jpg

The deadline looms! I'll likely get my purple map in tomorrow, so it's a damn good thing it'll be the 31st somewhere else. :P Cheers heaps to all the people making contributions, whether it be maps, playtesting or otherwise: I couldn't have wished for a better turnout this May. :)

Map: Omega Anger (random name generator)

Midi: Bjorn Lynne - lets go

Information: Difficulty options implemented but they probably could be better...same goes with the detailing/visuals

The map is "lite" slaughter arenas and has 1 secret encounter that I was told is insane :p ( so don't let the monster count scare you because most monsters are in the secret encounter and die very quickly)

UV is a fun difficulty for me but Im sure for other it might be considered way to hard so maybe play on HMP.

DubzMayhem.zip

Spoiler

Mayhem.jpg

mayhem2.jpg

mayhem3.jpg

mayhem4.jpg

Spoiler

How do you delete this spoiler tag :rage:

Finished. I've been kind of procrastinating on thing placement, but I finally got around to it. The layout of the map made monster placement a bit of a challenge being that the player can pick one of 2 starting paths. Any suggestions or tips to improve gameplay would be appreciated. I only tested hurt me plenty and uv.

Name: Failed mining operation

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/d358wv1mmynmum5/PepsiMayhemPurple.wad/file

image.png.43baa7a75d028c4def78c192eccc7a54.png

image.png.e291975a16845cdfa5c50788b6eab5ff.png

image.png.9c5e5c83f49a1fc8123978a4aafc0e73.png

Edited by PepsiBepsi

10 minutes ago, BioRenegat said:

I will upload map in 6/8 hours, I presume that's fine in terms of deadline?

Should be. In eight hours it'll still be the 31st here in America. Most of it.

really hope that I can submit the collab map with Myst. Haruko but, since I have a job (right now, I'm still outside and I have only 4 hours left), it drains me a lot. I can only map at the morning before going outside and after work. I'll try to finish the map and make it playable.

Heh, seems like I didn't notice the changes to the immolator because I was too lazy to download the update resources (I thought they were just new textures), so now in my map the red key fight in particular is more difficult than expected... , still seems to be doable enough so if nobody complains I guess there's no need to change anything.

Things are really speeding up now that the deadline draws near, good luck to everyone trying to finish their maps in time.

Yep , I know today is the 1st june. However , is it okay to make a little speedmap or not? I spent the whole month on my orange map. xD

It's still the 31st in America, and it will be for about six or seven more hours (going by central and mountain time, not eastern, where I am), so I'd wager it couldn't hurt to try.

I had to make another update as I missed a few textures to realign and fix. Also more bad demons on hard mode.

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0brepwfbjstili/MH18P_Nailbiter_Swalzi_v3.wad?dl=1

-----

v3 Change Notes:

Spoiler

♦ Details:

• Fixed multiplayer teleporter at start so graphics don't glitch out in OpenGL.

• Made the exit teleporter more recognizable.
  • Realigned more textures. I'm aware of three texture locations that are unaligned. Those are done on purpose. I'm willing to align them if they are a problem.

• Purple bridge switch near player starting location - It's easier for me to notice that there is a switch here in software rendering.
     • Steps leading to red door - I think it looks cool.
     • Walls around exit teleporter - I wanted the cement textures here to look more haphazard than calculated.

♦ UV Difficulty:
  • Added one more chaingun spider to final encounter.
  • Added even more enemies behind exit shutter.

Just a heads up for Obsidian for compile time: I've been updating my original post with new versions of my map (the map linked in the 2nd post of the thread is an old version).

Annnnnnd BOOM!

Screenshot_Doom_20180601_133614.png.167c9635fb64e1787ad723554a34598c.png

Map name: Everwhere

Music: "Vesuvius" by Jimmy

Difficulty settings: Not yet

Tested in: PrBoom+, ZDoom

Not quite as substantial as my Orange map, but I'm still reasonably happy with it. I'll be balancing the gameplay over June.

Phew! Now that I've finished my maps off (thank goodness it's still May in Chicago), I'll have more time to check the maps. I'll see about getting a compilation to anyone who wants to playtest in a timely fashion.

Tesseract: a map MegaBlast and I made over the past week on and off. I started over the weekend and Mega finished off his sections over the past few days.

A very quirky slaughter/hard map.

Download latest:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/osgkn62y3aj3bw6/tesseract_v05.zip?dl=0

Download older versions:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dakbm601bcv7y8i/tesseract_v1.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c2hktqwjf4bcd8y/tesseract_v03.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x3kplisjhd25bn2/tesseract_v04.zip?dl=0

Proof of concept demo. I must state that I pressed escape once after eating a cyb rocket (thought I was dead 100%) when I created this demo for someone in the jom discord a while ago so I personally don't consider this a valid max demo (but I didn't make this for that reason anyways). I would feel guilty posting this without this disclaimer. Be sure to use v3 of the wad if you are going to watch.

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l95nxwc0coczqvi/tesseract_v03-cl9.lmp?dl=0

y.png.ff2d8df662e0949ce2d52351f7052db0.png

Edited by Killer5

Map:  Permanganic shores (sounds kinda weird, I might come up with something better in the future)

Welp, here is my map (and first one at that), difficulties are implemented, but only UV was tested by other people (My huge graditude goes to @rdwpa @Kyle2959 and Mysterious Haruko for their pretty positive response and thanks to their feedback I fixed bunch of stuff) and it was previous build of it, so some more testing is definitely needed. Co-op is not there, since I have pretty much 0 experience with it. 

Music: "Upstate Devil" by Alfonzo (I can't thank him enough for allowing to use one of his great midi's)

Here are some pics:1172911158_Permanganicat2018_06.0108-52-38.400R2787.jpg.13ab1d40800a37957519927e08ca4950.jpgScreenshot_Doom_20180601_080819.png.de3eac42e0c7e5180e486bfc21415b54.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180601_080856.png.ce5eefce7c24a18b9279403774c52882.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180601_085926.png.22148b89e4b20fb3e2e3a0955a8b688a.png

Also, There are some things which I would like to improve upon, since this map is far from perfect for sure, but due time constriction I couldn't really do it, I hope it's still going to be possible to do this during June. Also, damn that was really close until deadline. Had to pull out couple sleepless nights to somewhat finish it. Welp, peace.

Edit_1: Noticed some couple small misalignments and one wrong switch texture, fixed. 

Edit_2: Cleared auto-map, looks much better now.

Edit_withabigfat3: Changed bunch of stuff, including making this map even more fair by adding some more health/ammo, changing some secrets, making 02 facility slightly more challenging, several textures reworks and e.t.c.

Edited by BioRenegat