Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DustFalcon85

Doom 64 coming to PC and modern consoles?

5 hours ago, ReaperAA said:

Does B:FS run fine on your rig.

As best as it could in Vulkan, OpenGL was exhibiting drops/hitching from time to time, particularly in Exclusive Fullscreen mode. Don't remember how DX11 was though, I think it was the same as GL.

I'm still pretty triggered tbh, so much so that I'll probably get another game first for the money I was saving that I know for sure will work on my rig...

3 hours ago, Lollie said:

You'll probably find that Doom 64 will run well enough on cards that are lower than the recommended minimum. Going by what Quasar said, it likely just means QA hasn't tested it on lower specs. It doesn't mean that it won't run on anything lower.

*laughs in triple-A system requirements*

The fact that it wasn't tested against such hardware only adds insult to the injury, who knows what it'll run into.

2 hours ago, Gez said:

I still have an old laptop with a GeForce 610M. Doom64 EX worked fine on it

With this one I beg to differ, since the old EX ran on a different version of KEX, with very different requirements and feature sets.

1 hour ago, Buckshot said:

Yes, it was also confirmed by Marty (or maybe it was Hugo) in a recent interview. You have to collect certain in-game master items to unlock the unmakyr weapon, but it's there.

Nice one , that gonna be awesome!

@seed Steam has a return policy. My guess is the game will be individually purchasable shortly after release. Buy it individually and if it doesn't work on your machine just return it before the 2 hours has passed. I doubt it will be an issue. As Edward said, Kaiser runs it on a 650 and it works fine; it runs on a Switch and works fine.

2 minutes ago, Altazimuth said:

@seed Steam has a return policy. My guess is the game will be individually purchasable shortly after release. Buy it individually and if it doesn't work on your machine just return it before the 2 hours has passed. I doubt it will be an issue. As Edward said, Kaiser runs it on a 650 and it works fine; it runs on a Switch and works fine.

What resolution? Max fps? Which render?

Will the requirements page get updated at least if it's that inaccurate?

moan moan moan

wait until it comes out, gather real data from actual users about what works, if one compares to your system, consider spending the price of a coffee on the game.  

34 minutes ago, PsychoGoatee said:

That sounds really great, always cool to see new episodes for classic games. It's the little touches.

Creating and testing a new episode for Doom 64 for a commercial re-release and trying to bridge the story and offer some fan service is ... "little touches"?

1 hour ago, VGA said:

Creating and testing a new episode for Doom 64 for a commercial re-release and trying to bridge the story and offer some fan service is ... "little touches"?

A poet, evidently, I am not. It was intended as humor. I appreciate them going the extra mile for the fans.

Unrelated, William S. Burroughs, that Naked Lunch guy, said:

“It's the little touches that make a future solid enough to destroy.”

Now that sounds pretty metal.

Edited by PsychoGoatee

Ya really, was about to say just that lol. The game's supposed to unlock in 3 days, how did you play it earlier??

I have the whole thing early, though I've not touched eternal as of yet as I'm waiting for it to download. 

Doom64 is a separate download of around 250 Meg so that took no time at all really.

1 minute ago, Eurisko said:

I have the whole thing early

5 minutes ago, seed said:

how did you play it earlier??

I know a guy...... yes thats a shit answer. I won't be spoiling anything Doom64/Eternal related on here. I do fully intend to play Eternal first but  I was very curious of how 64 ran so I played some of the first level. 

Just noticed that there's no Japanese translation for the newer release. :(

(The original game was released in Japan, and got translations for the pickup messages.)

12 minutes ago, InDOOMnesia said:

Just noticed that there's no Japanese translation for the newer release. :(

(The original game was released in Japan, and got translations for the pickup messages.)

It's an option in Doom 64 EX, no reason to think it won't be here as well.

I plan to only buy Doom 64 EX on Steam, what is the price?

7 hours ago, Eurisko said:

Well I've just briefly played the new port of Doom64 and it runs lovely. 

That's awesome!! I'm glad to hear that it runs good!! I hope it's not as dark haha!

I'll eventually buy it on PC so this is good to hear! If it runs good on PC then i'm hopeful that the console releases will run well too (same with Eternal).

1 hour ago, VGA said:

I plan to only buy Doom 64 EX on Steam, what is the price?

Doom 64 seperately is supposed to be $5 USD.

14 minutes ago, guitardz said:

Doom 64 seperately is supposed to be $5 USD.

I read that somewhere, too. But I think it will be free for preorders of Doom Eternal and it will be 5 dollars if you buy it later. Meaning, for owners of Doom Eternal. I will be surprised if it is only 5 dollars completely standalone.

And by surprised I mean I will drop my tendies and throw a fiver on my PC monitor with as much force as I can muster.

8 hours ago, CyberDreams said:

That's awesome!! I'm glad to hear that it runs good!! I hope it's not as dark haha!

I'll eventually buy it on PC so this is good to hear! If it runs good on PC then i'm hopeful that the console releases will run well too (same with Eternal).

Its not too dark. I’ve played a fair portion of it. Happy to say Aubrey Hodges soundtrack is there and intact. 

One strange thing I had to do and I don’t know why was I had to assign a sprint button as one wasn’t t already there. 

Anyway the game is fantastic. So glad to finally play it properly.

1 hour ago, Eurisko said:

One strange thing I had to do and I don’t know why was I had to assign a sprint button as one wasn’t t already there. 

On gamepads we default to using the auto run toggle (left stick) rather than speed. Just kinda worked out like that due to left trigger being use and speed wasn't really suitable anywhere else on the gamepad. Though that's why you can rebind your controls. 

11 hours ago, Avoozl said:

I hope it gets added to GoG.

Me too, since I do not plan to buy anything on Steam anymore.

2 hours ago, D.Vile said:

First footage of the new episode:

Wow, this guy's FOV setting is horrendous. Still, pretty nice footage.