Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dac

[Community Project] Thirty Monsters Challenge [See you in the other thread!]

On 6/10/2022 at 1:32 AM, dac said:

Rough week this week, had some time to take notes of what remains to be done. This is for everything in the "Fun" chapter.

'The Frozen Church' @SleepyCat
*    Added music for beta 04. If anyone got a good track that would fit this map well, be my guest, it's not final.
*    Difficulty settings should be fully implemented.

Apologies I had a bit of a busy couple of weeks, right this should be a final version with properly implemented difficulty levels, hope its not too late.

30mc_sleepycat_2022-06-18.zip

Very rough death exit, but it works. Download: 30mc_Engired_v4.zip

Also added difficulty settings, but there shouldn't be much difference. Secrets are no longer overpowered, less archviles, and that's about it.

16 minutes ago, Thelokk said:

@NeedHealth I managed to survive your MAP17 death exit at 1hp after entering at 100. Maybe a couple more barrels?

I'll get around to add a proper mbf death exit at the end of the month.

On 6/16/2022 at 8:17 PM, dac said:

'Wicked Terminal' @Roebloz
* This map needs a proper death exit, both to actually KILL the player and remove the extra 8 Archviles.

Alright I'm back after getting banned for trying to host 2mappers2guns on here...

I'll try to work on it soon. I'm kinda focused on other projects, but yeah I'll try to do it today or something.

Here's the updated version of my submission. I made a couple of adjustments to make the level less grindy. I also implemented difficulty settings

Download: 30mc_anta_v2.zip

SIDENOTE: I've been trying to make this level compatible with GZDoom, but failed. You may turn on every vanilla physics options, but it still doesn't make the level 100% playable in GZDoom; the conveyor sectors in the first part are still unable to deliver Cyberdemons' rockets, and you can't steer yourself properly during the third part. If your goal is having a megawad that completely compatible with GZDoom, feel free to exclude my level from the wad.

On 6/17/2022 at 7:17 AM, dac said:

'Blue Shift' @Dubium
*    Difficulty settings should be fully implemented, and elaborated upon a bit.
* A death exit is required.

Here is the version with a death exit. I assume when you say "elaborated upon a little bit" means you simply want a bigger difference between skill levels

30mc_dubium_v3.rar

20 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

Hey, this seems to have gone dormant again. Any word on release?

Expect one at the end of the week.

Beta 04 is here!

Not exactly a full blown release, but there are a lot more death exits and changes. The rest of the death exits will be added by me, so for now only @LPad (difficulty settings for 'Charlie 'Was Here' ), @Chainie (difficulty settings), @Astro X (difficulty settings on ALL maps) and @El Inferno (softlock issue) should get back to me with fixes,

Since I was a little curious, I went and checked the total monster counts in all of the levels in Beta 04:

Spoiler

I've marked the DSDA-Doom monster counts whenever they were different from GZDoom. I didn't check every level to confirm, but the differences are probably all down to DSDA-Doom not counting lost souls.

GZDoom 4.8.2          DSDA-Doom 0.24.3
       Easy  Medium    Hard  E/M/H           Title                    Author
map01    20      28      30  18/26/28        Obsidian Ravine          Walter confetti
map02    30      30      30                  Trapped in Remnants      RastaManGames
map03    30      30      30                  Caco by Caco             Origamyde
map04    20      22      26                  Crate Processing         lokbustam257
map05    30      30      30  27/30/30        Ursine Complex           Death Bear
map06    30      30      30                  Recharging Station       Worst
map07    30      30      30                  Descending Down          tib_
map08    30      30      30                  Make Peace Not War       JaySmithen
map09    30      30      30  28/29/30        Sea of Wonders           LPad
map10    32      32      30  30/30/30        Blueberry Castle         DynamiteKaitorn
map11    30      30      30                  Azure Crypt              MFG38
map12    30      30      30  25/28/30        Dystrophia               Scorpius
map13    30      30      30                  Charlie Was Here         LPad
map14    30      30      30                  Vile Keep                ryiron
map15    30      30      30  18/18/18        Pitted Iron              Obsidian
map16    30      30      30                  The Frozen Church        SleepyCat
map17    24      28      30                  Dismal Twilight          NeedHealth
map18    30      30      30                  Demon Electrica          Bri
map19    30      30      30                  Cadence                  Chainie
map20    30      30      30  28/30/30        Blu-Ray Pain             cannonball
map21    30      30      30                  Slightly Shaken          JaySmithen
map22    30      30      30  28/30/30        Marine's Snowiest Base   LGmaire
map23    30      30      30  26/26/27        The Sinkhole             Thelokk
map24    24      26      30                  Wicked Terminal          Roebloz
map25    30      30      30                  Alcoholic Space Guitar   Clippy
map26    30      30      30                  Cross Counter            Luleta
map27     0       0      30                  Quicksand                Astro X
map28    30      30      30  28/30/30        Agnosia                  LPad
map29    30      30      30                  Killer on the Prowl      DMPhobos
map30    30      30      30                  Doomworld Revolting      Savarin
map31    30      30      30                  Lapis Lazuli             ryiron
map32    30      30      30                  Caco Tombs               Weird Sandwich
map33     0       0      30                  Victorian                Astro X
map34    30      30      30                  Microcosmic Malice       jerrysheppy
map35    30      30      30                  Form and Void            Peccatum Mihzamiz
map36    16      22      30                  Blue Shift               Dubium
map37    30      30      30                  Blood Basin              ViolentBeetle
map38    30      30      30                  Patio Bloodbath          Gaargod
map39    22      26      30                  With Time Comes An End   Engired
map40    25      27      30  23/25/28        Red Mantle, Blue Mantle  dac
map41    30      30      30                  Tomb of Nephren-Ka       PinkFlamingo
map42    30      30      30                  Blasphemy                azerty
map43    30      30      30                  30 - 30 - 3              Parkolnaught
map44    30      30      30                  Kranion                  knifeworld
map45    30      30      30                  Windswept                Salmon
map46    30      30      30                  Check                    Jark
map47    30      30      30                  Hide and Sick            Shawn
map48    30      30      30                  Rapturous Grief          myolden
map49    30      30      30                  wiltingDryad             BENCHY
map50    30      30      30                  Misjudging the King      Bloodbath Giraffe
map51    26      27      30                  Contamination Station    LordEntr0py
map52    30      30      30  29/30/30        Irregular Expression     SCF
map53    30      30      30  27/30/30        Caeco Regno              LPad
map54    30      30      30  29/30/30        Spider Testament         alexsa2015sa
map55    30      30      30                  Schism                   Large Cat
map56    30      30      30                  -ANTI-LIFE-              Worriedidiot
map57    30      30      30  28/28/30        Coupled Architecture     Matacrat
map58    30      30      30                  Overgrown Fortress       finnks13
map59    22      26      30                  Aquatic Purgatory        Nefelibeta
map60    30      30      30                  The Belphegorian Trials  antares031
map61    30      30      30                  Tourmaline Turmoil       LPad
map62    30      30      30                  Infernal Engine          BiZ
map63    30      30      30                  Neter-Khertet            El Inferno
map64    30      30      30                  Paroxysm                 NoReason

Also forgot to mention, I did add new music for @SleepyCat, @tib_ and @jerrysheppy's maps, since there was nothing there. I think you will like the choices.

On 7/22/2022 at 7:31 PM, antares031 said:

SIDENOTE: I've been trying to make this level compatible with GZDoom, but failed. You may turn on every vanilla physics options, but it still doesn't make the level 100% playable in GZDoom; the conveyor sectors in the first part are still unable to deliver Cyberdemons' rockets, and you can't steer yourself properly during the third part. If your goal is having a megawad that completely compatible with GZDoom, feel free to exclude my level from the wad.

I looked into your level, and well... after a lot of experimenting, I managed to make a ZScript patch that makes the level playable in GZDoom. However the patch does result in a little different level physics/gameplay than in ports like DSDA-Doom, so I can understand if you don't like the way it alters the level.

30mc_map60_zscript_patch.zip
30mc_map60_zscript_patch_v2.zip

(Note: This patch only affects GZDoom, since other ports that don't support ZScript will just ignore the ZScript, and load the level in its original form.)
(2nd Note: This patch matches the level by its checksum, so it won't work if the level is updated and the patch is not updated to match that...)

EDIT: Updated the patch. (Should fix a loading issue on ports that support Decorate but don't support ZScript.)

Edited by Worst : Updated the patch.

Update: death exits have been added for the maps by @RastaManGames, @Weird Sandwich, @jerrysheppy (mostly fixing the one that was already there) and @Gaargod. @Chainie updated me with their maps, added a death exit to it too. @El Inferno your modifications are in, and I also put @Worst's script for antares's map - it's still not ideal ideal but at least it makes the map kind of playable on GZDoom.

All that remains is for @LPad and @Astro X to send in their difficulties, I need to add a few bits of intermissions and we should be ready for a RC1 (and a new thread!)

I have made an update to the GZDoom ZScript patch for antares's map60, because I noticed that the Decorate lump needed by the script was preventing Zandronum from loading the wad.

30mc_map60_zscript_patch_v2.zip

More details below:

Spoiler

I found that the decorate lump needed by the script was preventing Zandronum from loading the wad, because one of the actors defined in the decorate lump was inheriting from an actor defined in ZScript, which Zandronum didn't recognize and then gave a fatal error when trying to load the wad.

I solved this by making the actor not inherit from ZScript and instead made the decorate actor use a spawn function to spawn the actor defined in ZScript. Doing it this way was okay in this scenario, as I had been only using inheritance to duplicate the actor. After this change, Zandronum just gives a warning, and the wad will load.

Now I know that Zandronum isn't MBF21 compatible, but I figured that should the source port get eventually updated to support MBF21, it would be nice for the wad to not fail to load because of this patch.

Final status update for this thread: forgot to do some modifications for Peccatum's map, that's done. Astro X sent his modifications, added death exits to them, good to go. Worst's updated script is in.

Only LPad remains, but considering their circumstances right now (and that the modifications for Charlie Was Here aren't that crucial) I'm comfortable enough to go forward with a more official release. Should be online sooner rather than later.

e: So just in case you didn't see it, the new thread is up, and a RC1 of the project is now available. Thank you for all the good times, and see you on the other side!

Edited by dac

Hey tried out the first 8 maps of this by @Walter confetti, @RastaManGames, @Origamyde, @lokbustam257, @Death Bear, @Worst, @tib_, and @JaySmithen, was a cool concept to check out!  It's interesting because I was expecting to get through more than just 8 in an hour, as I was thinking of wads like V64 which felt very bite sized, but actually some of these levels strung out the monsters longer.  One even rezzed them - was recharging station by using some MBF magic or archviles or what?  That ended up being a very memorable level with the kill counter gaslighting me (lol) and the pick a puzzle sections.  The second puzzle verged on getting me frustrated but I was happy to choose one that I got through, which was satisfying.  According to the episode names I also expected the wad to start as a cake walk and was pleasantly surprised that it starts with some decent challenges.  Overall a cool product with lots of variety in visuals and map design!

Edited by sandwedge

On 8/20/2022 at 12:21 AM, sandwedge said:

One even rezzed them - was recharging station by using some MBF magic or archviles or what?

Thanks for playing my map! That was done with just good ol' boom features and archviles. The only MBF21 feature in that level is the death exit.

Last update to Charlie Was Here. Made some final changes out of suggestions I got and things I missed before, and a bit of nitpicking. I probably won't update it again, unless a game breaking thing is found, which I doubt would happen. 

30mc_LPad5vFinal.rar

Version 3 of Form and Void. Changed the HNTR and HMP modes up to be more fun, and switched around one monster on UV.

I need help with the timer on the voodoo doll, that starts when the player reached the last arena. The sector tagged 2 lowers and I have different voodoo dolls for each difficulty, behind different height walls so the player doesn't have to wait too long on lower difficulties. No matter how high I make the floor for the UV voodoo doll, the exit to arena 3 still lowers after around 17-20 seconds. Any ideas?

8 minutes ago, Peccatum Mihzamiz said:

Version 3 of Form and Void. Changed the HNTR and HMP modes up to be more fun, and switched around one monster on UV.

I need help with the timer on the voodoo doll, that starts when the player reached the last arena. The sector tagged 2 lowers and I have different voodoo dolls for each difficulty, behind different height walls so the player doesn't have to wait too long on lower difficulties. No matter how high I make the floor for the UV voodoo doll, the exit to arena 3 still lowers after around 17-20 seconds. Any ideas?

Player starts are unaffected by difficulty settings. Sounds like you expected otherwise.

Teleport destinations are, however, so you can have one voodoo doll roll into teleport and arrive in a different row depending on a difficulty.

I guess hanging blocking corpse is also an option, but it's extra clutter.