Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skronkidonk

What sort of wads would you like to see?

On 1/22/2022 at 3:01 AM, A.H. Sankhatayan said:

Jim Flynn style puzzle maps.

I wanted to try my hand at making a Titan map as a tribute to Jim Flynn when he passed, but never got around to it. I did however create a space map that was heavily influenced from his style - MAP10: The Portal from Sargasso. It's a very large map with a lot of sequences and some tough monsters (the wad uses DeHackEd enemies) so definitely play with saves if you decide to check it out!

33 minutes ago, valkiriforce said:

I wanted to try my hand at making a Titan map as a tribute to Jim Flynn when he passed, but never got around to it. I did however create a space map that was heavily influenced from his style - MAP10: The Portal from Sargasso. It's a very large map with a lot of sequences and some tough monsters (the wad uses DeHackEd enemies) so definitely play with saves if you decide to check it out!

Just downloaded it! I'll definitely play the whole set. Looks awesome so far. 

Personally I would love to see:

1) A Doom II wad in the style of the Inferno maps from the first Doom, as in colorful, surreal and crazy mad, but with the Doom II monsters and the SSG (Infernew which is a WIP is supposed to basically be this)

2) An entire mod built around the Doom 4 Vanilla concept, but maybe for Eternal. The Marauders who have been added into Complex Doom are pretty cool looking, for example. The maps could be designed with this specifically in mind.

3) A scary ass wad. Something that is pure horror. Instead of lots of monsters, it's shadows and deadly layouts and traps that are meant to surprise and terrify. Something like PT but for Doom. A haunted house.

4) More wads like Jenesis, Moonblood or Reverie

On 1/22/2022 at 12:10 PM, Endless said:

use human civilizations as inspiration (mesoamerican, egypt, sumerian, medieval europe, etc)

working on it

I just want a megawad of Counterattack size maps - obviously at the same level of quality too.

6 hours ago, Captain Keen said:

3) A scary ass wad. Something that is pure horror. Instead of lots of monsters, it's shadows and deadly layouts and traps that are meant to surprise and terrify. Something like PT but for Doom. A haunted house.

unloved might be up your alley

1. I want some more maps by Deathmatcher. DTS-T was... weird but I still liked it and want something that's like a DTS-T 2 (Maybe not in terms of plot but more in terms of style)

2. Knee Deep in ZDoom but for Doom 2... and made so it's not bloated and I don't get stuck on the level geometry every 5 minutes.

3. Something in the style of Junko

More maps like Jade Earth, maps that feel like a journey and don't rely on newfangled tricks to take you by surprise.  

Honestly, at this point I'll take anything that doesn't tryhard to be Sunder 2.0. 

More horror wads AKA Unloved or 1993.WAD. Horror gaming in general is in a lame place right now so it'd be nice to see what WAD authors can come up with. 

Single extra-large urban-themed slaughter map with a few custom monsters and/or weapons.

I wanna see a WAD that recreates Super Turbo Turkey Puncher 3

1) A good quality Heretic/Hexen WAD with cluster gameplay, custom monsters/weapons, good puzzles, new music... something like Faithless Trilogy. Ideally if that one got a sequel made for Hexen IWAD.

2) BTSX E3, or at least something similar to BTSX series in all qualities.

A linux themed wad you could use the blood ptichfork as the bsd beastie pitch fork

linux doom(1).png

On 1/24/2022 at 8:19 PM, Deadwing said:

Doom in Europe

Isn't Doom in Italy Only basically just Grezzo 2? /s

On 1/24/2022 at 2:12 PM, ax34 said:

Single extra-large urban-themed slaughter map with a few custom monsters and/or weapons.

Like a massive version of the Holocausts series from KSutra?

A Half-Slaughter wad, like it's slaughtery but not slaughtery enough that you have to shoot your bfg 30 times to kill everything, I'm talking like a 4-9 shot sort of thing, and one that you are also forced to use the variety of other weapons in.

More eldritch horror themed WADs, it is never enough, I would also love to see more horror mapsets or such that can fit with slow/scaryish mods, story-based maps are also awesome, like how teh_base was like (An incredible WAD which was on ZDaemon long time ago and was pretty much revolutionary IMO for its time), things like that are something I want to see, instead of the millionth slaughter wad.

Actually I've been thinking I want to see a giant slaughtermap like Okuplok, except easier. Kind of like Holy Hell but without so much grind. Just a fun, challenging, epic adventure map with some fun, well crafted, moderate difficulty slaughter combat. Just a good ol non-frustrating time. I think once I'm finished with my current project I'll make one.

Edited by Arbys550

On 1/26/2022 at 7:51 AM, Arbys550 said:

I think once I'm finished with my current project I'll make one.

And when is that? :)

But seriously though, it probably will be a better idea to make one with multiple mappers, like this one. Single mapper runs out of steam pretty quickly in my opinion.