Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

PUSS XXXI: TRICKING & TEARING @ WARPSPEED [BETA V2.2]

We are honored to be co-running this event while under control of this large furry animal. It's time to take over this pitiful planet...and to set the record straight on who and what we actually are...as opposed to those foolish paper mâché monstrosities that some of your leaders are passing off as us. The sky IS falling! Prepare yourself, hoo-mahns! The time has finally come!

I AM disappointed in you PUSS! 

ANOTHER Alien themed wad?????

YOU guys have NO originality!!!!

Spoiler

Sarcasm

Just now, BluePineapple72 said:

Absolutely! What did you have in mind?

I've just been in a composing mood so whatever is available for me to do honestly. 

This is the first Trick & Tear event that I've been present for, so I'd definitely like to try and contribute something for it. Also in general I'd like to contribute to more of these events going forward. Since Dis, I've skipped over a number of them for one reason or another, and looking back I kind of regret that. Let's see if I can't make at least one map for each event over the next year.

Anyway, I've been looking at the resource pack since last night and I think I have a level 'theme' figured out. I'll start sketching a rough layout tonight or tomorrow and hopefully hit the editor sometime within the next few days.

1 hour ago, Blexor said:

This is the first Trick & Tear event that I've been present for, so I'd definitely like to try and contribute something for it. Also in general I'd like to contribute to more of these events going forward. Since Dis, I've skipped over a number of them for one reason or another, and looking back I kind of regret that. Let's see if I can't make at least one map for each event over the next year.

Anyway, I've been looking at the resource pack since last night and I think I have a level 'theme' figured out. I'll start sketching a rough layout tonight or tomorrow and hopefully hit the editor sometime within the next few days.

Great to hear, Blexor! Look forward to it!

I will see if I can cook something up...

Also, is there a texture to be used for keen doors?

It would help for consistency and would make it obvious where to go to when you kill the eggs.

Edited by Raith138

10 hours ago, Raith138 said:

I will see if I can cook something up...

Also, is there a texture to be used for keen doors?

It would help for consistency and would make it obvious where to go to when you kill the eggs.

Looking forward to your map(s)!

We do not have a unified texture for keen doors or anything like that. Different mappers will probably come up with unique scenarios, which will result in a nice and possibly eclectic set. I can imagine that some mappers will want progression towards the eggs to more obvious than others. I do not think that not having an overarching door set will take away from the experience.

If you feel like it, I think you are welcome to make a custom texture, advertisting the location of the eggs. Please let us know if you have any other thoughts on this :)

Map Name: All your PUSS are belong to us!
Author: Heich AKA DynamiteKaitorn
Music: Forbidden Area - Castlevania: Aria Of Sorrow
Sky: the default RSKY1 of the resource pack
Difficulty Settings: Yes - some enemies don't appear on the other difficulties
Build Time: 4 hours 30 minutes
Comments: Wasn't fully sure how to make it spoooopy so I kinda just went with a mild halloween vibe.
Screenshots:

Spoiler

woof0058.png.528fa3258d34fbcc9bf24ec6863f6f19.png

Pumplekinsies UwU

woof0059.png.5b7db9eab44c9d9d3c49e69894d4f8aa.png

Oi! Get offa ma farm! >:(

woof0061.png.f5e1c6347985854afe0c79bba2d53953.png

It's meal time... :o

woof0063.png.544718c74280947e542c9c0088807b46.png

Pipes ahoy! Don't faaaaalll! ;)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/okpj3bw6h98zcku/All_Your_PUSS_Are_Belong_To_Us.zip/file

3 hours ago, BluePineapple72 said:

3 week warning for mapping! I've also updated the resource pack to version 2. Has some minor changes. I'll need to adjust the Keen egg to not be stuck to the ceiling. Map with him as if he is on the ground.

Ahh cool. I was wondering about the keen egg :s 

7 minutes ago, NeilForshaw said:

Ahh cool. I was wondering about the keen egg :s 

I'll likely put out an update tonight after work since it is fairly important to have the egg on the ground for you mappers. I just forgot to throw it into this latest resource update. Likewise I forgot to add the second submission by @DynamiteKaitorn. Map02 by @raddicted is in the current resource file however.

Howdy folks, just updated the resource pack with some new stuffs. Mainly some thing fixes like some unblocking obstacles.

V3 Download

This is also a two week warning for the event closure. Get those maps in!

Map Name: Beef Impact
Author: Muumi
Music: Paleblood Waltz by AD_79
Sky: mship from resource
Difficulty Settings: yes
Build Time: around ~4 hours
Comments: spooky farmhouse with lots of terrifying cows

Download

P8SM274.png

Map Name: Unidentified Parking Lot

Author: Scionox

Music: "Overlooked Hotel" from Blood

Sky: RA_SKY1 from the pack(sky transfer)

Difficulty Settings: Implemented

Build Time: 6 hours for map + however much time(didnt count) for polish/balance after

Comments: Survival horror-ish+resource management and combat puzzle elements

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Scrn14.jpg?rlkey=rtqy35eiuy8z230ma74hii7

Download: UnidentifiedParkingLot.zip(Incl. pre-polish version)

Map Name: Beyond The Event Horizon
Author: Late Night Person
Music: "Lost Communications" (Original Composition)
Sky: default
Difficulty Settings: yes
Build Time: 5 3/4 hours
Comments: Kinda rushed parts of it, you can clearly tell where it was rushed lol. Spooky techbase map that ends with a hell maze with a teleporting cyberdemon. Where you're going, you won't need eyes to see.

Fun fact: there is only a single, hidden medkit on uv. Have fun surviving!

eventhorizon.zip

Download

Map Name: Launch Base
Author: Muumi
Music: Monolithic Creatures by Velvetic
Sky: from resource
Difficulty Settings: Yes
Co-op Starts: Yes
Build Time: ~about 5.5 hours
Comments: Towering alien base. They are preparing something big here.

EHoKDOJ.png

Map Name: Swamp Things (t&t@ws_blex_v1.0.zip)

Author: Blexor

Music: "Maridia ~ Sandy Desert" from Super Metroid

Sky: RSKY1

Build Time: Yes

(But more seriously: 6hrs for base layout, probably about another 6-10 hrs for initial testing/fixing, And almost certainly another 15-20 hrs for re-texturing, detailing and general clean-up)

Comments: A spooky ol' romp through the swamp. Find and destroy 5 alien eggs to dissolve the bio-matter blocking the way to the UFO. Board that sucker and find a switch to overheat the engines, but be aware: Those pissed-off martians probably won't let you leave so easily.

Capturing the atmosphere on this one was a little bit tricky but I'm generally happy with how it turned out. I leaned into under-powering the player to try and amp up that 'dread' feeling. Before secrets, you can only acquire the single-barrel shotty, chaingun, and chainsaw. Ammo and health I made a bit tight as well, and while I myself can finish the map without running out completely, others might find UV a little too scant. I encourage players to respect Mr. Eager Beaver.

Wasn't sure amount the midi choice, at first. I mean I love me some Soupa Meatroid, but I only put it in there as a "this will do for now" pick. Over time, though, it kind of grew on me. I used my incredible midi-editing skills (joke) to make it loop better, as it originally faded-out.

Final thing to note: There are technically 7 secrets on this map, but 2 of them I left unmarked since they're missable. You can progress to a point where it is no longer possible to acquire them (at least not without some creative arch-vile kiting), and since I thought I'd be kind to 100%-ers, they're not tagged. Unless you're fixing to get 100% of the items, too, and uh... if that's the case then I guess you're f'd.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20231026_112317.png.9fb3a54c7c30a77ed4e04d67c7379034.png

Here the map at exactly 6 hours in:

swampthings_6hr.png.cec15a5d9677577b0982474149cc7c5b.png

And here's what the map looks like now:

swampthings_fin.png.f14d4a69f1b76ffabfa6374a47d9f3a4.png

On 10/1/2023 at 12:00 AM, BluePineapple72 said:

Format Information: We’re working in Boom format with Doom 2. That means your level must be beatable without jumping/crouching and mouselook disabled. Make sure that your level works in PRBoom comp-level 9.

I recall some of the previous PUSS's I've checked out being UDMF and sorts.  I operate in the boom-osphere, so if Boom is the case sometimes, I'll have to keep close tabs on these in the future as to not miss out.

I finally wrapped up work on this map. This month was pretty busy for me so I expect this may be the only map I submit. A real shame because this texture pack is fun.

Map Name: Home Invaders

Author: NecrumWarrior

Music: Lost in Place by Lippeth

Sky: SKYAA_03

Difficulty Settings: Partially implemented

Build Time: 5 hours 45 minutes

Comments: This map leans heavily into using Boom's silent teleport to simulate floor-over-floor, but I also made the transition very obvious as a way to play up the B-movie aspect. I am pretty happy with it, but it needs some detail work.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/3rc5pl77zrpd2zh8vojz5/INVADERS.wad?rlkey=uiwmu51y9pyzd4cd5rb2m3vgh&dl=0

Screenshots:

doom75.png.61b3e85269d7a1644071bb8e210a8a39.pngdoom74.png.3d9a57f0ae8e8f60b72312fdfc1ff442.pngdoom76.png.e5ae4ea4d4314e75262c2d106cca2b89.pngdoom78.png.df6941c0d927d5b72a252012f033665b.png

I do have another idea though, if I can find the time.

1 hour ago, NoisyVelvet said:

I recall some of the previous PUSS's I've checked out being UDMF and sorts.  I operate in the boom-osphere, so if Boom is the case sometimes, I'll have to keep close tabs on these in the future as to not miss out.

Have a gander at our Doomwiki, you’ll see a good number of our PUSS events are Boom compat. Majority of our Series III events are boom (September 2022-August 2023). 

I enjoy Speedmapping in boom more and compiling is easier, so it’s likely to be the format we’re gonna be making the most events with in the foreseeable future. 

Map Name: Abducted

Author: Scionox

Music: "Floghorn" by Lee Jackson

Sky: RA_SKY1 from the pack(sky transfer)

Difficulty Settings: Implemented

Build Time: 6 hours for map + however much time(didnt count) for polish/balance after

Comments: Tight shotgun combat w/ some survival horror elements

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Scrn15.jpg?rlkey=osix6lzo7700vl1mft0svq1

Download: Abducted.zip(incl. pre-polish ver.)

Map Name: 96 Quite Bitter Beings
Author: myolden
Music: Paint the Town Red by Jimmy
Sky: SKYTT49
Build Time: 5 hours 30 minutes
Comments: Spooky farmhouse. I plan on doing some more detailing but I wanted to get this submitted before the deadline.
Screenshots:

Spoiler

doom355.png?ex=654e8be3&is=653c16e3&hm=c

image.png.9a8f24bc09b1a5d1a6d2e7f4e145262b.png

96 Quite Bitter Beings.zip

Edited by myolden