Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FireSeraphim

The Self Portrait and Personal Photograph Thread

40oz said:

My brother took this picture of me and photoshopped it to make me look like the joker.

This looks like something straight off the Russian ZX Spectrum demoscene.

Nomad said:

I only shaved it off because I have nothing to trim it with.

Super Jamie said:

You don't own a pair of scissors?

Like an electric razor with a straight trimmer is too expensive or hard to find. They are even sold on the street by Chinese peddlers for like $3 (for battery operated sideburn trimmers), with $10 you can probably get a complete mains current barber's hair trimmer with a complete set of accessories.

I've been out of a job for over three months. I don't have the money to spare right now.

The trick with scissors is to take off less than you think you need, and limit the amount of cuts you are going to make.

Make 2 cautious cuts giving about a quarter of an inch leeway, then put the scissors down and don't touch them again until tomorrow. Preferably after a shower, as hair tends to sit differently every day and at different times of the day under different conditions.

Besides, what you feel as a massive side-to-side inequality in your beard, most people won't even notice.

Here's me earlier this summer, belting back a delicious Rickard's Red:

Nomad said:

I've been out of a job for over three months. I don't have the money to spare right now.

You should shoplift like I do. You'd be surprised how oblivious department store employees are. Except at wine and spirits shops. It's pretty close to impossible to steal from there.

Shoplifters bug me. We had these heroin addicts stealing candles from our gift shop and pawning them for like 10 bucks(!) a pop last christmas. It's not like we don't know it's going on, but we just can't really do anything about it. Usually they would come in pairs. One would come to the counter and talk slowly about "uhhh which grass seed should I get?" while the other walked around the gift shop with their purse open. They were eventually caught, but they were able to steal at least 100$ worth of candles.

Besides those thefts, we've had old ladies swiping "cute little nick-nacks" from our showroom. What am I supposed to do? Tackle an old lady? We only have like 13 employees, and we're all too busy to be paying attention to these people. Most of the employees are women who run the cash registers and take care of the greenhouse, and there are only like 2 guys working on any given day, and those guys are too busy working to be watching every customer that wants to snoop around the place. Hell, I'm sure it happens a lot more than I even know. Don't they know if we go out of business, I'm out of a job? Fuck shoplifters.

Then again, I'm sure you guys wouldn't steal from small time stores like us, so it's really not directed towards you.

Last pic was taken about 10-15mins ago and damn I looked tired. Heh.

Definitely stealing the beard.

I want to grow a sick beard one of these days, but I always get to that point where it's really itchy and shave it off because I can't stand it.

When I first started growing mine out, it was really annoying. I always used to shave it off when it got to that point where it was kinda bushy, but it was still short and it itched like hell. Last year (July 1, 2008 to be exact) I finally decided to see where it would go if I just dealt with the itchyness.

I hardly even know it's there anymore.

Yeah you just get to a point where it stops growing in on itself and you don't even feel it anymore. Man up, Nomad, push through the pain!

Me in 2006 with bunny ears and a guy i fancied at the time.

Standard picture, don't even know how old this is but judging by the computer it was 2004-6

In Lincoln in 2009, it was windy

Creaphis said:

Your "special friend" in the first pic looks like he's been crying. What did you do?

Or strung out on something.

Creaphis said:

Your "special friend" in the first pic looks like he's been crying. What did you do?

What do you tell a gay goth guy with two black eyes?

Nothing he hasn't been told twice already.

Lawl, i think he had been experimenting with some sort of girly red eye-shadow, like the blue stuff birds had sticking out the sides of thier eyes in the 80's, but then rubbed his eyes by accident.

A recent adventure. This is me after 4 Bass Ales, two Chimay Trippels, and a shot of Stolle. Fun night? Yeah.