Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

The story behind your custom avatar

1 hour ago, seed said:

It's a pretty nice drawing, don't change it.

Nobody tells me what to do >:O
Now just because you told me that i'll change it out of spite for you >:(

(Yeah i like it a lot, never change it anywhere unless it's Halloween when i change it to my "internet costume" for a bit on Discord.)

18 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

PEACE SELLS BUT WHO'S BUYIIIIIIIIN.

Megadeth is pretty epic.

That's my fucking man.

Skulls and skeletons are cool, but more importantly they're funny, what with the big 'smile' on constant display. John Romero agrees with me, one of the reasons he wanted the Revenant in Doom 2 is because he thought they'd be really funny.

This picture of a skull with a detached jaw looked like one which was making a funny facial expression.

Red armored Doomguy version of this type of scene in a movie only it’s most likely a pool of blood since I used a hell texture (and this gif is just for reference, I wasn’t thinking of anything specific when I made it). Red is my favorite color. 

Lana-Del-Rey-coming-out-of-pool.gif

LWK7A8b.png

I started using the SCP Cheshire Smile in 2014 when I got Steam and used it along with the other one I subsequently found for a bit, then found the second spooky grinner the following year and kept him for a very long time and he became the face I was known by during my days in the YouTube Poop scene. Then more recently in April this year, since I've still very much been operating my new video editing business under my username and figured it'd be a good idea to keep the little guy around for branding purposes, I figured it was time to have a new version of him made. After all, the 2015 one is just a random image I found one day and I don't own it. Rather than risk having the original artist come hunting me down to accuse me of stealing, I commissioned an artist I like, YixxiePie, to make her own interpreted version of him that I can own and do whatever I please with. I couldn't be happier with the result as Yix nailed the cute/creepy aesthetic I've come to enjoy. :^)

Edited by Biodegradable

2 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

LWK7A8b.png

I started using the SCP Cheshire Smile in 2014 when I got Steam and used it along with the other one I subsequently found for a bit, then found the second spooky grinner the following year and kept him for a very long time and he became the face I was known by during my days in the YouTube Poop scene. Then more recently in April, since I've still very much been operating my new video editing business under my username and figured it'd be a good idea to  keep the little guy around for branding purposes, I figured it was time to have a new version of him made. After all, the 2015 one is just a random image I found one day and I don't own it. Rather than risk having the original artist come hunting me down to accuse me of stealing, I commissioned an artist I like, YixxiePie, to make her own interpreted version of him that I can own and do whatever I please with. I couldn't be happier with the result as Yix nailed the cute/creepy aesthetic I've come to enjoy. :^)

Wait, I thought it was the Pokemon R/B Specter

uWyjBZ7.jpg

uh

Anyway, mine is a screencap from Knuckles Chaotix, a game that I never played because Sonic Crackers felt boring. But having grown up with SMS, Genesis and SEGAPC games, I love the surrealistic, high-contrast, colorful design showcased and I felt that as an avatar it defines my tastes pretty well.

I didn't have it animated by pure laziness but in the future I'll change it for a .gif with the flowing water.

I was visiting my grandmother for a week or two and her place doesn't have internet. One night I was bored and I didn't have the motivation to play a game or to draw something really time consuming, so I doodled random shapes into GIMP and after staring at them for some time - I noticed that they kinda look like a duck in rags, so I added a few details, made the thing more coherent, added a filter and made this:

Abstract_Duck_In_Rags_v2.png.4c26f0f8718d64c4e8f5140f60321828.png

I like the character portraits in Wasteland with the Desert Ranger being my favorite so I decided to "uplift" the picture from EGA by adding more colors. Funny thing is I have never played Wasteland.

Frederick Thordendal (of Swedish metal band Meshuggah) is one of the most unique and bizzare guitarists of all time and I'm endlessly fascinated by him.  And he usually makes this face in band photos

Wanted to make something similar to Navi for a Golden Souls addon. I think Batandy suggested using a Lost Soul for one. He recoloured it. And I drew the wings. I thought it was strangely cute that I had to have it as my avatar.

Way, way back when, on a lark, I searched for my nick online. Turns out there was a French gaming magazine called Consoles+, and an artist had done some work creating some characters/mascots for it.

Turns out I had a namesake. That's him.

It seems these images have since otherwise faded into the ether - they're not on the original artist's webpage (and indeed, he doesn't even mention his Consoles+ work).

MG.png.6ea89981beac1d561c6913bd3eea4344.png

It's just a stolen logo some friends used for their League of Legends team for tournaments in my city, I liked it, but I might change it in the photo. Their name was "Mapaches Góticos" (Gothic Racoons) and they had a pretty cold chest as we say here in Argentina.

it's a picture of my fiance and I at the beach last May.

This one has me wearing a gasmask and the only dress that fits me nicely, which is kinda too open from the back to be used outside. Then some photomanipulation to have cool colors in it.

So, back in August of last year I was planning an over-ambitious megawad, as one does, and needed a eye-catching titlepic. I've always liked Metallica's rad logo, so I thought I'd use that as inspiration. For the font, I decided on a modified version of the Doom reboot's font. This was the end result:

ylWmRzZ.png

Its a little messy, since I'm not a professional (or even really amateur) graphic designer, but the concept is solid, so I'm happy enough with it. Thus, when I decided to join Doomworld back in October 2020 and needed an avatar, this image seemed to serve my needs just fine.

11 hours ago, Omniarch said:

the concept is solid, so I'm happy enough with it.

It turned out quite well, don't feel bad dude :) .