Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

2 hours ago, RonLivingston said:

I developed a map of mine which will be ported onto one of my upcoming projects 40Ilj1c.png

Reminds me of "Habitat" with those hallways. They look uncannily similar.

4 hours ago, RonLivingston said:

I developed a map of mine which will be ported onto one of my upcoming projects 40Ilj1c.png

Do we have to follow you around? Copying stuff from IWADs is just as bad as copying stuff from PWADs.

You have actually tweaked it, which is better than last time, but it's still cutting the edge close a wee bit, and it's still obvious that you just copy and pasted it wholesale. The lines still match up and the textures aren't even different (at least the flats anyway). You have also again failed to disclose your source.

Edited by Edward850

2 hours ago, RonLivingston said:

I developed a map of mine which will be ported onto one of my upcoming projects

If you're gonna put iWAD material in your maps, at least have the fucking courtesy to say so right away, instead of waiting of waiting for someone to call you out.

Thanks!

17 minutes ago, rdwpa said:

Working on this cool new original map with all original content.

Running from Sir Pumpkin

@RonLivingston If you're going to blatantly steal an iwad map, at least do a good map, not a PoS like Habitat. I mean, its obvious by now the other parts of that map are probably directly stolen from other wads as well. you've gone from directly copying and pasting, to copying and pasting certain parts of wads. We can see your work in the middle, with the empty lava. but this needs to stop.

Yeah, I can do a map that looks really cool and that's without using a base for it....

No, just no. Plagiarism is just to make your own grave, simple as that.

3 hours ago, Phade102 said:

If you're going to blatantly steal an iwad map, at least do a good map, not a PoS like Habitat.

He can't copy a good map, or parts of it, because the better the map, the more likely people will find out. :p

Personally, I think it's fine to modify parts of a wad, or even re-use parts of it, if both following conditions are met:

-The author of the original has given permission to re-use and/or modify their work

-The author of the new map is giving proper credit to the original author

None of which I see here. Maybe some parts of what he copied came from authors who gave "blanket permission", but even then he's still selling that map off as entirely his own, which is plain and simple false. And frankly, I want that stop somehow, because it's not too much to ask to give credit where it is due.

Edited by Nine Inch Heels

Meaty....

(The light level's gonna be lower for the finished product: this is just to show off the, erm, meatiness)

Screenshot_Doom_20171027_034035.png

So, hey! I'm back to show another 2 converted maps as part of the Plutonia 2/PRCP in PSX Doom project. First one will be a screenshot and the other will be a full level.

0I3cWmk.png

Taken from PRCP Map 14 - Undertaker. a blend of lighting in this area gives a purple effect to the right.

Of course, this level would be the last in Plutonia 2, which is Map 30 Ticket to Eternity. This is probably the longest I've ever worked on a map to at least get it to height/texture/enemy limitations, and still plays well. Took around 2 weeks non stop work and was happy with the end result. The Original Map 30, the Gatewatcher, has been combined with PRCP's In the Eye of the Beholder, and made into "In the Eye of the Gatewatcher."

So far, 17/64 of the maps have been converted, the last one being Venom.

3 hours ago, Obsidian said:

Meaty....

(The light level's gonna be lower for the finished product: this is just to show off the, erm, meatiness)

Where's the sauce for meat when you need it?

5 hours ago, an_mutt said:

Now that I've (mostly) gotten all my community project maps outta the way, I can get back to personal stuff:

ipaxR90.png

(Still unnamed thing)

9HI8c7S.png

(Return to Necropolis)

Hoping to have the first done by the end of this year, and hoping the second done by the end of the next.

That first picture....I have never seen a doom map like it. That colour scheme is unique, yet incredibly beautiful at the same time. bravo!

Hello, lovelies! So, I've only recently gotten involved with the doom community only after playing doom alone or with the occasional friend for the last 25 years. I've had some dramatic life changes this past year, and one of the only healthy outlets for me have been doom, modifying my doom2 wad here and there, and finally creating my own maps. Every few weeks, I'm able to crank out a map, and my best friend and I play through them together. Obviously, we get pretty limited critique between the two of us, and so we had been toying around with the idea of submitting my 8 completed maps to the doomworld community. My problem is, since this PWAD started as a healthy outlet to substitute for substance abuse issues and depression, I was just grabbing resources from any PWADs I had accumulated over the years, and just made maps for me and my buddy. I really want to share it with the community, but I became very gun-shy about uploading the maps because its using resources from CC4, PL2, Blood etc... and according to the upload guidelines, I'm a dirty rotten thief and that's a big no-no. This PWAD wasn't created with the intent to plagiarize any of the talented authors. I just found that specific textures or music fit perfectly with the ambiance I made each map with. Anyways, now that my wall of text is completed, some screenshots!:

Screenshot_Doom_20171002_120958.png

Screenshot_Doom_20171026_211126.png

Screenshot_Doom_20171026_211831.png

Screenshot_Doom_20171026_211900.png

Screenshot_Doom_20171026_212054.png

Screenshot_Doom_20171026_212818.png

Screenshot_Doom_20171026_213023.png

Screenshot_Doom_20171026_213046.png

Screenshot_Doom_20171026_213226.png

Screenshot_Doom_20171026_213425.png

Screenshot_Doom_20171026_213518.png

Screenshot_Doom_20171026_213642.png

Screenshot_Doom_20171026_213808.png

Screenshot_Doom_20171026_213851.png

Screenshot_Doom_20171026_214240.png

Screenshot_Doom_20171026_214600.png

Screenshot_Doom_20171026_214957.png

Screenshot_Doom_20171026_215126.png

Screenshot_Doom_20171026_215200.png

Screenshot_Doom_20171026_215454.png

As long as you know the sources of the resources and they're free-to-use if credited, then you should be fine as long as your WAD has an accompanying text file explaining what resources were used, who they're by and where to get them.

Also, this Lost soul with the 'massive hair' made me chuckle:

(I know it's many lost souls, was one of those 'at first glance' things.)

12 hours ago, YukiRaven said:

3EoBYMi.png

Been a while since I did any Doom mapping... time to get this map finished!

Holy hell, that's awesome. It reminds me of Extreme Terror, which I believe you were also responsible for.

5 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

As long as you know the sources of the resources and they're free-to-use if credited, then you should be fine as long as your WAD has an accompanying text file explaining what resources were used, who they're by and where to get them.

Also, this Lost soul with the 'massive hair' made me chuckle:

(I know it's many lost souls, was one of those 'at first glance' things.)

Nahhh, You got it right the first time. That lost soul is sort of a renegade who lets his fire hair grow wild and freely, because ain't no one gonna hold him back in Hell! (at least until it gets caught in the bars or something)

Okay, so here's the link if any of you are curious or just want to provide some feedback. There are 8 completed maps as of 10/27/17. Keep in mind that this is my first PWAD, and also I'm aware that some things seem kinda sloppy at times, or the flow occasionally gets a bit awkward, but I intend to improve all of this as time goes on. I'm really big on setting a mood for each map, so they're best played without rushing through. The readme clarifies a lot of stuff about the maps, so I highly recommend taking a peek before playing.

Please enjoy!(and be nice!)

WAD:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/135x3bkry0lyqfk/contraboss.wad?dl=0

README:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ru8q2x39iw73ag/readme.txt?dl=0

5 hours ago, Dravencour said:

Holy hell, that's awesome. It reminds me of Extreme Terror, which I believe you were also responsible for.

Yeah, that was me. That and Shadows of The Nightmare Realm. I've released so little ;_;