Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scuba Steve

Cacowards 2018 Mentionation Thread (don't toot your own horn ffs)

Would a DeepDream mod be eligible for a Cacoward?

Because someone on /vr/'s Doom General is in the process of making one

Edited by Untamed64

9 hours ago, Untamed64 said:

Would a DeepDream mod be eligible for a Cacoward?

Because someone on /vr/'s Doom General is in the process of making one

Could you please give a link to some info about it?

I don't think we should mention mods that will hardly be finished this year. Otherwise, I'd mention "Divine Frequency" & "Abysm".

On 9/17/2018 at 12:19 PM, Catpho said:

+++Northern Powerhouse by @yakfak

Also yea, Nootrac4571 came out of nowhere :)

giggle

but I'm not sure there is a "Doom statements with silly miserable gameplay" category

On 9/22/2018 at 9:39 AM, bioshockfan90 said:

+++phlegetonic waves

Why thank you, though I don't think it's anything special to deserve that sort of recognition, heh. Appreciate the mention nevertheless, cheers!

13 hours ago, Demonologist said:

Why thank you, though I don't think it's anything special to deserve that sort of recognition, heh. Appreciate the mention nevertheless, cheers!

eh, maybe it's that i haven't been that active in doom that year but your map was one of the few standouts to me, and i'm a sucker for udoom maps, glad you appreciate the mention!

5 hours ago, AL-97 said:

One year and a half late for that. It was released in March of 2017.

Then maybe OP should update his post to mention no entries outside of the current year. I'm outta here..

10 minutes ago, Houndoom said:

Then maybe OP should update his post to mention no entries outside of the current year. I'm outta here..

have you been following the cacowards for the past....14 years?

On 12/10/2017 at 5:26 AM, Scuba Steve said:

2018 will be the 25th anniversary of Doom... so let's get the ball rolling on the great stuff that will appear in next year's Cacowards.

That is self explanatory enough.

To be fair though a lot of Doomworlders seem to be younger than 14 years :P so they probably weren't keeping up with the Cacowards rules, best to put that in the OP just in case.

I coulda sworn the obligatory "this year plus last Nov/Dec is fair game" discussion was either in the OP or the first page, but maybe I'm thinking of last year...?

+ Doom 64 For Doom 2
+ REKKR
+ Super Mayhem 17
+ Struggle
+ Golden Souls 2
+ Dimensions Of The Boomed
+ Combined_Arms
+ MetaDoom
+ Team Rocket
+ Griefless
+ Midiville
+ Demonastary

I don't doubt that this list will probably get bigger because 2018 has frankly been an amazing year for mapping/modding. Keep it up, y'all.

Edited by Sparktimus

+REKKR

+Golden Souls 2

+Ashes 2063 Episode 1

+Struggle

+Diabolus Ex

Will add a few more in a couple months as theres still plenty of time for more brilliant maps to come out.

New Heretic levels do not happen very often, good Heretic levels are few and far between, but Impie's Realms of Dr. Chaos is just plain amazing and certainly deserves a Cacoward for its exploration-heavy, puzzle-oriented gameplay and beautiful environment work.

3 hours ago, AL-97 said:

New Heretic levels do not happen very often, good Heretic levels are few and far between, but Impie's Realms of Dr. Chaos is just plain amazing and certainly deserves a Cacoward for its exploration-heavy, puzzle-oriented gameplay and beautiful environment work.

Are the puzzles obtuse or are they intuitive? 

26 minutes ago, Master O said:

Are the puzzles obtuse or are they intuitive? 

About observation, logical thinking and switch hunts.