Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quill

[1.4.1] v64 - Maps with only 64 Vertices

3 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

Here's my map! Hope it's surreal enough...

64v-suus.zip

Title: Space Vertex

Author: Walter

Slot: MAP22

Build time: Didn't count, but i think something near 2/3 hours?

New music: Nights Beneath a Hollow Moon by AcidicVoid (from Chainworm Commando Soundtrack)

Difficulty Settings: Yes

Multiplayer spawn points are present (both coop and DM) but untested. Have fun!

Interesting visuals and lighting! It suits the space theme well. 

I enjoyed the 'puzzle' at the start of getting past the Spider Mastermind, but I didn't find the Cyberdemon fight to be that interesting, since he's stuck at the end of a boring straight hallway. Also, no secrets? I did like the complete absence of a shotgun or SSG, makes for good variety of gameplay. 

Here's my first playthrough (no commentary)

Going to be trying out some new things for my secret level.

Spoiler

DOOM81.png.8f1ac8dce9aee53747f46566c24a99da.pngDOOM80.png.52ff2a36db5fa8b8078df4e9bd6175e7.pngDOOM79.png.035bc4c6e46230a77956dbc9e824b0aa.pngDOOM78.png.2545496bcd5081eec0c1f4023c512639.pngDOOM77.png.b8a12ef531b9980659e69e74cc3e30f9.png

image.png.61cf987975f8e5537adc7fbc9225c284.png

Only 20 vertices so far, and I don't know how many vertices to spare I want this map to end up having.

I have also been working on the Roland GS MIDI music for this level, but I don't know if the level will turn out long enough to hear the 1.5-minute song.

Thanks for playing my map, I'll see to fix the small issues in the map...

What about a group of archviles instead of the cyberdemon?

1 hour ago, Walter confetti said:

Thanks for playing my map, I'll see to fix the small issues in the map...

What about a group of archviles instead of the cyberdemon?

The issue is more about how that combat arena is designed. A long corridor with a room full of demons at the end is never going to be an interesting fight

7 hours ago, Pistoolkip said:

@gabirupee @Luleta

ayee thank you so much for the playtesting and the suggestions, im glad u liked it, i already started working in a way to make the dull trap more interesting, locally i don't need to use any extra vertices to make it more interesting :D

ill upload an update to my map soon enough makin stuff a little more fun and spicy

ps: 

Spoiler

the hell knights ARE your cover for the ssg fight ;D

and im always an advocate for more manc, ur wish is my demand :^)

MAP 13 UPDATE:

here is an updated version of my map with some layout adjustments and spicier design as suggested by @Pistoolkip 

no vertices were added!!!

screenies:

Spoiler

P3GZ18k.png

q8V3r7Y.png

2ojB0KF.png

wbeilLh.png

download

16 minutes ago, Luleta said:

MAP 13 UPDATE:

here is an updated version of my map with some layout adjustments and spicier design as suggested by @Pistoolkip 

no vertices were added!!!

screenies:

Hide contents

P3GZ18k.png

q8V3r7Y.png

2ojB0KF.png

wbeilLh.png

download

Awesome! Glad I could help!

@Dragonfly  the mechanics make this one very easy to cheese, but fun map nonetheless

@akolai

@E.M. @rouge_means_red

@Thelokk Map25
Weird gimmick map. I guess you can just run to the exit? It might be technically possible to get 100% kills but without a rad suit and no cover from those Revenants or a place to guide their missiles that's going to be a challenge. This map is easy to beat once you know how, but completists will hate it.

@LSC Lasiko Map 26 (No Doomworld account?) @dotQLL
Speaking of hate, I absolutely despise this wretched piece of trash map. This CANNOT be included in its current state. I spend 15 minutes trying to beat this thing, then removed all the blocking things, and spend another 15 minutes trying to beat this and when I FINALLY beat it (with cheat), I couldn't get to the exit? Because getting the blue key seems to depend on the AVs triggering a certain linedef before they teleport in. Once they have teleported in the map cannot be finished.
And that's a no go for me.

Further more, the impassable lines and blocking decoration make dodging missiles too awkward, and the lack of cover means you got cacodemons, revenants and hitscan fire coming in from all directions, and the map is too dark to even spot the cacodemons.

Personally I am not font of slaughter maps, but when I do play a slaughtermap, I want to feel like I have some amount of control with moving around and dodging projectiles. This map is just random, frustrating, and I don't see a way how any Doom player  but the top 1% can beat this with 100% kills without needing at least a 100 attempts. 
Edit: also, if you try to activate the side of the pillars on which the blue key rests, the AVs teleport in and the blue key becomes inaccessible

I recommend this one be severely altered or rejected from the CP. 

Could you imagine how pissed you would be if you spend 100 attempts and finally kill all the monsters, only to discover that you could not reach the exit?

Edited by Pistoolkip

Thx for playing good times 

Someday I will try to play through all of this in a video series when it's completely done - so I only watched my portion of the video to avoid spoilers

And MAP02! Much more interesting than MAP32, so a lot better imo.

Name: The Nukage Problem
Midi: Don't Fall Lmao by MegaSphere (from Master Levels midipack)
Slot: MAP02
Format: Vanilla/cl2
Build Time: ~2 hour

Vertices: 64

Spoiler

doom03.png.a644f2f03faa209fc67d08032d36ac4d.pngdoom05.png.e97b8f95ff92d99d613d02712877dc57.png

R_B-v6402.zip

Edited by RedBoule : Changed the name of the map

1 hour ago, Pistoolkip said:

@LSC Lasiko Map 26 (No Doomworld account?) @dotQLL
Speaking of hate, I absolutely despise this wretched piece of trash map. This CANNOT be included in its current state. I spend 15 minutes trying to beat this thing, then removed all the blocking things, and spend another 15 minutes trying to beat this and when I FINALLY beat it (with cheat), I couldn't get to the exit? Because getting the blue key seems to depend on the AVs triggering a certain linedef before they teleport in. Once they have teleported in the map cannot be finished.
And that's a no go for me.

Further more, the impassable lines and blocking decoration make dodging missiles too awkward, and the lack of cover means you got cacodemons, revenants and hitscan fire coming in from all directions, and the map is too dark to even spot the cacodemons.

Personally I am not font of slaughter maps, but when I do play a slaughtermap, I want to feel like I have some amount of control with moving around and dodging projectiles. This map is just random, frustrating, and I don't see a way how any Doom player  but the top 1% can beat this with 100% kills without needing at least a 100 attempts. 
Edit: also, if you try to activate the side of the pillars on which the blue key rests, the AVs teleport in and the blue key becomes inaccessible

I recommend this one be severely altered or rejected from the CP. 

Could you imagine how pissed you would be if you spend 100 attempts and finally kill all the monsters, only to discover that you could not reach the exit?

Aye, that’s me. My doomworld name does not correspond to my doom mapping name because reasons.

anyway, thanks for your input. I kinda went too overboard with my map (this is kind of my style). 
i will basically make a new update for this map. That update will have the revenant count of HMP, because, in my experience playing it, the revenants were the most problematic. And playing on HMP, this map is a lot more pleasant because it has less revenants.

And the bluekey thing i dunno how to fix so you just gotta not be a dum.

I will not remove the decorations because i don’t want to sacrifice this map’s style.

also, the “too dark” part. It’s supposed to be like hell revealed’s “afterlife”, but due to vertex limitations and the skybox i kinda just made a pitch black platform to simulate that.

Edited by %some random internet shkila

7 minutes ago, RedBoule said:

@dotQLL I changed the name because MAP05 had a similar name.

Added to the main post. ;P

7 maps left!

I don't know what's going on

Edited by Clippy : spilled mac and cheese all over myself

48 minutes ago, %some random internet shkila said:

Aye, that’s me. My doomworld name does not correspond to my doom mapping name because reasons.

anyway, thanks for your input. I kinda went too overboard with my map (this is kind of my style). 
i will basically make a new update for this map. That update will have the revenant count of HMP, because, in my experience playing it, the revenants were the most problematic. And playing on HMP, this map is a lot more pleasant because it has less revenants.

And the bluekey thing i dunno how to fix so you just gotta not be a dum.

I will not remove the decorations because i don’t want to sacrifice this map’s style.

also, the “too dark” part. It’s supposed to be like hell revealed’s “afterlife”, but due to vertex limitations and the skybox i kinda just made a pitch black platform to simulate that.

and are you fixing the very real DNF?

3 minutes ago, Pistoolkip said:

and are you fixing the very real DNF?

What is DNF?

1 minute ago, %some random internet shkila said:

What is DNF?

Did Not Finish. Common term in GTA 5 racing when you did not finish a race. ;P

@Fryuko Fun map!
@russin22 Ammo is really tight on this one. I do not see how you can beat this UV MAX. I'd highly recommend putting in a berserk after the blue or red door to get some health back and give the player a chance of getting 100% kills. Also, the techbase visuals do not suit the episode 3 space setting. Maybe replace the floors with the skybox?

@Death Bear
Fun map, but really, really easy, especially for a map 29. I was able to beat it cold with no effort and even went back to do a pacifist run, which is easy up to the yellow door, but still doable. Still, pretty decent arena fight and it looks pretty good. The blocking items can be annoying but are clear enough and the room is spacious enough not to be a huge concern. 

@Nikku4211 What a weird icon of sin map. I wasn't able to do this one without checking the map builder first, and then it was trivially easy. The icon of sin is no threat at all, except for the occasional caco or pain elemental. It's also really fuggly, even for a 90s map. But that's just my personal opinion. Take it or leave it.

3 minutes ago, %some random internet shkila said:

What is DNF?

The map hardlocks you if you don't grab the blue key before the Archviles teleport out, meaning it's impossible to finish the map from that point. The few players who are skilled and persistent enough to actually finish this will be pissed when they discover that after getting 100% kills they can't reach the exit. 

2 hours ago, Pistoolkip said:

completists will hate it

As it rightfully should be. Let them suffer for their 100%s.

2 minutes ago, Pistoolkip said:

The map hardlocks you if you don't grab the blue key before the Archviles teleport out, meaning it's impossible to finish the map from that point. The few players who are skilled and persistent enough to actually finish this will be pissed when they discover that after getting 100% kills they can't reach the exit. 

Yeah, thanks to a help from the wad organizer, i realized that i’m a dumbass and there is a linedef action that males the platform move repeatedly, and i was just blind.

also, please be less mean next time you get frustrated by maps, it’s bad for your health.

10 minutes ago, %some random internet shkila said:

Yeah, thanks to a help from the wad organizer, i realized that i’m a dumbass and there is a linedef action that males the platform move repeatedly, and i was just blind.

also, please be less mean next time you get frustrated by maps, it’s bad for your health.

I said your map is trash. I never called you dum. But I guess you want to make things personal. And that's bad for my health. Just like the map. 

@RedBoule

A million monsters in a tight space + BFG spam makes for a fun but short slaughtermap. A lot easier than I expected, but I guess that's the power of infighting and BFG spam. 
The decorations are weird but give the map a distinct look and suit the space theme well. Maybe but a few monsters on top of the blocks? 

Anyway, fun secret level

26 minutes ago, Pistoolkip said:

@Fryuko Fun map!
@russin22 Ammo is really tight on this one. I do not see how you can beat this UV MAX. I'd highly recommend putting in a berserk after the blue or red door to get some health back and give the player a chance of getting 100% kills. Also, the techbase visuals do not suit the episode 3 space setting. Maybe replace the floors with the skybox?

@Death Bear
Fun map, but really, really easy, especially for a map 29. I was able to beat it cold with no effort and even went back to do a pacifist run, which is easy up to the yellow door, but still doable. Still, pretty decent arena fight and it looks pretty good. The blocking items can be annoying but are clear enough and the room is spacious enough not to be a huge concern. 

@Nikku4211 What a weird icon of sin map. I wasn't able to do this one without checking the map builder first, and then it was trivially easy. The icon of sin is no threat at all, except for the occasional caco or pain elemental. It's also really fuggly, even for a 90s map. But that's just my personal opinion. Take it or leave it.

Thank you, I'll try to improve the map