Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

Cacowards 2023 Mentionation Thread: You Don't Need To Post Myhouse Again

1 hour ago, Kaapeli47 said:

Version 2.0, which released a few days ago, has been one of the most anticipated multiplayer Doom releases this year, and it has definitely been worth the wait!

Descent plane and Daniel Garner, here we go!

+1 for ICHINICHI and Nostalgia 2

Both are full megawads that are quick to blast through, and both are pretty fun! ICHINICHI in particular is a nice improvement from the author's previous wad and feels more focused. Nostalgia 2 is just more Myolden goodness with some cool episode themes. I blasted through both in just a few hours (Nostalgia took just under 4).

Awesome lunar map. Fans of Ray Mohawk will enjoy this - it has slaughter fights and everything is absolutely busted. It took me a little under an hour to finish.

DISCLAIMER: This is a sequel; play Episode 1 first (also the map is tough).

Edited by Kwisior

+1 for Alphatius for the multiplayer category

After 6 years in the making, @hiimaura's multiplayer project is finally out! This unique arena-FPS mod built on Q-Zandronum is a lot of fun especially in big parties! Weapons have primary and secondary fire modes and form a colorful arsenal of different playstyles. On top of it, you can mix that playstyle with different movement ability and passive ability options. Alphatius is also the second mod ever that's fully been dedicated to Q-Zandronum and its unique multiplayer features, right after Quake Champions: Doom Edition!

I find myself throwing this mod into anything that doesn't have a dehacked that might interfere. In my opinion, it combines smooth sprites with the right amount of added effects without going overboard.

+1 for Crusader by Cheesewheel. Bit of a landmark title in my opinion - the first blockbuster release for the mighty MBF21/DSDHacked combo and one of the most impressive (and fun) wads of the year. Beautiful levels, nice textures (OTEX), good music and the best rain effect ever (map08)... And of course plenty of new enemies and weapons to boot. And kinda hard. Thumbs up!

Edited by Gregor

Incredible WAD, haven't played through all of it yet but its in my top 3 of the year for sure. Great detailed maps with a unique aesthetic + great combat design.

Spent way too many hours on this addictive one where you can meet way too many arch-viles even on ITYTD but, man, never enough of the great things you can find in there !

So :  +1 for Flesharmonic.

Is there really any other choice besides My Olden for creator of the year..?

Though I can definately see Eduardo&friends with a special mention.

I would like to second the mentionation for Venturous. Really good atmosphere and just good plane old fun! Excellent spriting, nice level design and fun gameplay! And all of that by somebody relatively new to Doom. To me it's an instant classic! (I just wish there was more of it, which is a compliment!)

+1 for What Lies Beneath

I finished it this week and it's a pretty damn good short miniwad w/ an overall spooky theme to go with it. Covers a wide range of locations too like abandoned techbase, haunted mansion, ancient ruins, etc. Anybody checking this thread out and reading this play it ASAP.

I have no idea wtf this is, but a fixed camera third person adventure map for Doom with extreme doomcute, vanilla textures only?

+1 to Gardevoir has a Gun

For my two cents, has a unique premise, and holy mac is it cathatric to load up Sunder and this mod together and go ham and cheese on everything.

More psychics slaughtering demons and baddies please.

On 10/20/2023 at 4:39 AM, Peccatum Mihzamiz said:

I would like to second the mentionation for Venturous. Really good atmosphere and just good plane old fun! Excellent spriting, nice level design and fun gameplay! And all of that by somebody relatively new to Doom. To me it's an instant classic! (I just wish there was more of it, which is a compliment!)

What is Venturous? I tried looking for it but can't find it.

+1

I'm usually not into slaughter gameplay, but the experimental presentation and the sheer beauty and weirdness of this one made me enjoy every second of it. Love how it plays with the perception of space and and other visual stimuli that feel a lot like hallucinations. Really glad I got to play this in time to nominate it here, and wish I could play it for the first time again.

Edit: Also, using Schala's Theme is a dirty trick to make my eyes water.

Edited by JonExMachina