Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

It's done! I successfully connected my two computers to the TV, and displayed both outputs side by side, and connected the two with a router so I can now play Doom split screen with controllers on coop, deathmatch, team deathmatch, or CTF on Odamex with someone in my own living room!

Sorry for the poor image quality, I took the photo with my phone. I'll have a video of it in action in the near future.

also thats my dog penny sleeping next to the tv, bored to death because she cant play doom with paws.

40oz, it seems you won't be bored during the holidays =)

Also, screenshots from the map I made for the birthday of the russian mapper Lainos:

Obsidian said:

Interesting pics Katamori. Loving the skull stairs. :P

Thank you! That's a Christmas tree. (a'lá Memfis :D)

Katamori: Funny looking cake, kind of delicious, kind of disgusting. The city looks pretty cool too.

valkiriforce: Nice metal stuff.

schwerpunk said:

BloodyAcid:[/b] I agree with Jimi that it could use some visual drama, but it still looks great

Jimi said:

BloodyAcid: maybe you could add some blood or acid there for color :P or something else. Geometry looks nice.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm still working on details like wall-decor and gathering new textures, but this is something wip still. I'm thinking of mellow-ing out the yellows and making the glass more holographic blue-ish.

NiTROACTiVE said:

It's the tutti frutti effect and I'm using Skulltag! Isn't Skulltag usually capable of NOT showing the tutti frutti effect?

Not in this case, obviously. Either use the OpenGL renderer instead of software, or use the latest ZDoom instead of Skulltag. Vertical tiling of NPO2 textures was fixed in ZDoom 2.6.0; Skulltag is based on ZDoom 2.3.1.

BloodyAcid said:

Thanks for the feedback! I'm still working on details like wall-decor and gathering new textures, but this is something wip still. I'm thinking of mellow-ing out the yellows and making the glass more holographic blue-ish.

An image was here 2k12!

Once again BA looking amazing! Cannot wait for Remnant. I am especially liking the limited use of colours used here and the subtle lighting.

BloodyAcid, that latest screenshot really reminds me of the Metroid Prime series, including the DS one, for some reason. I think they had similiar areas. Looks really cool!

Speaking of Metroid I once tried to recreate the map from the survival mode of the demo of Metroid Prime Hunters, I even wanted to use the textures from the game so I hopelessly searched online for a texture extraction tool for the MPH rom but sadly no one has even created one, not even anyone on the xentax forums has created a texture extractor for that game besides a few other DS games, I would love to make a DooM map with those textures one day though.

I thought there was some kind of tool that would extract 3d models and textures from, like, the video memory or something, so it could be used to get essentially any texture and model from any game provided they were loaded at the time. I remember hearing about people using something like that to get models from serious sam 1 and textures and levels from super mario 64.

More stuff from "Somewhere in Time" vanilla megaWAD project. This is the beta layout of MAP04. I'm trying to make an atmospheric sci-fi style market. Due to overflow issues, windows are removed on the second shot.

Also, please help me a bit: on the second shot, which vent looks better? The right one, or the left one?

Christmas map. Not really christmas-y, but I started it today...

Dont look at the sky! :0

Edit: one last screenie before I upload this tomorow.

Olympus: the last shot reminds me of Alien Vendetta.

Obsidian: thank you! =)

GoatLord: 3rd and 4th shots are too Quake-ish for me, but the architecture is definitely fantastic! Nice job!

Thought I'd try it out on TV (no thanks to the previous pictures in this thread!). A bit of a delay in responses, I assume it's my laptop's crappy vid card. Eh. It is much clearer and has nicer colours than my laptop monitor though!

Joshy said:

Thought I'd try it out on TV (no thanks to the previous pictures in this thread!). A bit of a delay in responses, I assume it's my laptop's crappy vid card. Eh. It is much clearer and has nicer colours than my laptop monitor though!

It's probably the TV's processing delay. See if the TV has some sort of Game preset or setting, that should reduce the delay.

New brand of orange textures for the other half of my textures
set, it will be released along with my upcoming level!

How in god name i'm supposed to create a small thumbnail that link
to the bigger pic?...got it!

Yeah, thats what I was thinking. feels like a temple on the surface of the sun!

That blue/red thing in the ceiling is a bit odd. Maybe have a grey/black border around it?

Well, I think I've almost finished my palette... Maybe some adjustment to the last color. It got too similar to the grey. Perhaps less shades in it and more for those colors before it.