Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
killer2

Custom title thread

I've managed to avoid one this whole time, pretty amazing considering the shit I spew on occasion.

I have not done anything stupid enough or spectacular enough to warrant a custom title. What have I been doing all these years?

Of course, neither have I asked for one.

I posted that I was trying to put an invisible platform in one of my wads, someone said to look on the editing tips page or whatever on this site, so I looked and found everything BUT invisible platforms. I posted "invisible platforms = where?" in a response post, and it stuck. Needless to say, I've since learned the art of making invisible platforms.

deathbringer said:

Somebody once started some post with "Uuuuuhhhh" and i said that made it invalid.

That was actually me, you jerk.

Technician said:

What happen to those days?

I looked at myself, outside of myself, detached of myself. Didn't like what I was looking at. Made internal changes for the better. Though I still experience a "dumbfuck" moment every now and then.

Honestly don't remember when I got mine. It is pretty self explanatory: I plan on playing Doom 'til I'm dead (as a play on the 4life part). The first couple of years I was here I was 14-15 and was going through this "alternating capital and lower case letters" phase and have since grown out of it. I'm not ambitious enough to have it changed though.

I got my custom title because one time I was all like 'The wii controller was probably crafted by Obama's minions as some sort of yes-we-can fight against obesity to turn videogames into exercise'. That then apparently pissed off some mario tennis fanboy moderator who used my own words as libel against me ever since. A lolsuit has been filed for defamation of character but the paperwork is still going through.

"Somebody once started some post with "Uuuuuhhhh" and i said that made it invalid."

So you don't actually type "Uuuuuhhhh" each time, and it just gets typed automatically like some sort of curse?

gggmork said:

So you don't actually type "Uuuuuhhhh" each time, and it just gets typed automatically like some sort of curse?

Yes, though that doesn't appear to be done via the custom title. Incidentally, his full custom title (at least as copy/pasted from the mod control panel) is as follows:

Post invalidated by first word being "uhhh"

Grazza said:

marquee business with coloured smileys

Uuuuuhhhh... THAT would be an insane custom title if it worked.

Oh, it did work; it was his old custom title before the uhhh business.

XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

It dates back to June 2003, and was due to posts like this one and many others, which led to "X<b></b>D" becoming a censored word at DW (along with gen<b></b>ious, irre<b></b>gardless, timeline, defi<b></b>nate, Doom³ and probably a few others).

Grazza said:

That is an amazing custom title!

I'm sort of glad I've avoided one so far, and I hope if I ever get one, that it's well earned with something infamous or lol-worthy.

I think !-- etc is a comment in html/php, so it was commented out.
******* *******ely **

Grazza said:

I remember that but I can't remember whether I was actually registered to this forum or if I was just a lurker.

My custom title is kinda lame and insignificant of my personality, albeit accurate.

Grazza said:

I chose mine in Edit Profile.

It's a Minnesota word (one of several such words derived from the Scandinavian languages), kind of a milder form of "yuck". Funnily enough, Wiktionary doesn't have it, whereas Urban Dictionary does.

here in the Appalachians it is 'ich" or "ick".

I post here to see what is my rank because I'm too lazy to check this elsewhere right now.

I've always kind of wanted one, because I thought it would be cool to have. But now that I think about it, it's basically the same as a signature that happens to be in a different spot.

So, in that sense I guess I already have one :P

Csonicgo said:
here in the Appalachians it is 'ich" or "ick".

"Ugh" with a hard H is common in many places. I get the impression these are all ultimately onomatopoeias of retching. (Although ish seems to be in the Urban Dictionary mainly because it was used as an euphemism for shit in rap.) Icky got to dictionaries, perhaps because, as Merriam-Webster suggests, it's similar to sticky, reinforcing the yucky idea through a sensory impression.

I’m French, my title is a phpBB subtitle translated in French.

ducon said:

I’m French, my title is a phpBB subtitle translated in French.

Will it change when you reach senior member? :)

Technician said:

Id like to see Danarchy's title be changed back to Depressed Mode.

Argh, no. I'm not the person I used to be. Hell, right now I really have no reason to be depressed and feel great.

My custom title "Member" is either a reference to my ePenis or it must be the forum's subtle way calling me a dick which I think is very rude either way.

Danarchy said:

Argh, no. I'm not the person I used to be. Hell, right now I really have no reason to be depressed and feel great.

Great! Besides I like the current title since it makes me laugh every time I read it thinking of some simi mad scientist's rant a week before all goes to hell. heh.

ducon said:

I’m French

Sorry about that. Oh wait... I'm French too.

Csonicgo said:

You'll soon get one for your love of Sergals.

That I look forward to, those lovable yet vicious critters!