Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bcwood16

What you like for Xmas?

Well Xmas is nearly upon us!

It seems our age ranges are quite varied here, some of us have kids and all that...hell some of us may not even celebrate Xmas (If thats thats the case no point reading on)

However, what is it you are hoping to get for Xmas this year? Anything goes, it may be the latest gaming console to something simple like a can opener (yes I do need one of those, but didn't ask for it for Xmas)

For me, I'm hoping to get some plain black socks! Why, because my partner has a joke and always gets me socks with days of the week on them. Due to my slight OCD I hate wearing the wrong socks on the wrong day. Do you have any idea how hard it is to try to get the right socks, have to get them washed, dried and paired up and packed away and then repeat....it does my head in! So I want some 'plain' socks please!

Money, but other than that my mother was going to get me an S4, I really need a new phone since my Nokia 2690 just isn't that good enough. I did buy myself A Link Between Worlds the other day which I guess counts as a Christmas present for myself.

I'd like one of the prototype cyberdemon miniatures, but since that's unlikely to happen I'll settle for world peace and an end to poverty.

Since I'm against buying gifts because someone told you so, I hope I get nothing, but I know I do get something. So let's just hope it's money.

Sadly, I'd like nothing. I never actually want anything. In fact the only thing I want to get gifts for everyone else. However, this year I'll be giving to far less people. Last year, I bought a lot of gifts for my extended family, never went to my family's Christmas, but I had my mom deliver the gifts for me. Not one thank you. I'm still pretty pissed. Another thing that I've learned from the past decade is that I give a lot more than I get. My cousins each have several kids, I give to all of them and I'm just one person. Maybe that's what its like being an adult. Last year I received nothing from my extended family, but maybe its because I wasn't there, but I wasn't there and they still got my gifts.

When Christmas is over, I just always feel so empty.

On another note, I'm dating a girl that is impossible to gift for, because she just buys everything she mentions. I've even told her in the past, its close to your birthday or close to Christmas, don't go buying everything you want on a whim. I've had to return so many things I've bought for her, because she just buys it for herself. What the fuck. This year I'm just going to give her everything I've bought her in the last 3 weeks that she just bought for herself.

Seeker_of_Truth said:

I think this year I'm gonna try for a tablet. Don't know how that'll work out though.

I don't really want anything. If nothing is not an option for me then I just ask for some money or a gift card. I tend to only buy presents for my niece and nephew.

Some music, a few bits of audio related kit, some comic-books (a yearly indulgence), and a new mechanical keyboard (cherry browns).

I suspect I shall get some socks.

For everyone to not buy anything for anyone. Its all a big con where you give a gift "to" a relative or whoever, but its really a gift to a soul eating corporation in the form of a sale.
Also the lie of Santa Claus is a one of the biggest conspiracies of adults against children, rivaling the lie that the education system is for learning and not just a holding pen and tool to deliberately arrest their development. Children have climbed in chimneys and died in fires trying to find Santa. Christmas kills children!

bcwood16 said:

hell some of us may not even celebrate Xmas (If thats thats the case no point reading on)

I've been an atheist since I was 14 years old, but I sure do love Christmas. I just want money from people, not actual gifts. I gave my mother $300.

I'm gettin' a ticket to WestFest: well, half of it anyway. I wouldn't mind None So Vile by Cryptopsy as well, I just got into them.

Seeker_of_Truth said:

I think this year I'm gonna try for a tablet. Don't know how that'll work out though.

If you don't have a good pc/unlimited availability of one, then it's nice. Also good for carrying around the house and checking on stuff. Don't expect too much more, especially with a cheap one. I got this one as an early Christmas present and it's been pretty good so far.

As for what I want besides that - Reese's peanut butter cups. And a fucking job. But really the peanut butter cups.

A decent GPS navigation system, a printer/scanner and Season 5 of Parks and Recreation. And money too. That's it, really. There's a bunch of other stuff I want, but I'll end up buying them on my own eventually.

Foood. Such foods. Good company and nice chats, too.

Maybe some schum (heated up red wine with fruits in it - very nice for lazing about in a warm house).

My family doesn't really celebrate X-mas, so I often spend it at friends' places.

Books or nice bottle of chianti classico or some quality whisky, something useful etc... I don't want that people buy clothes for present because getting clothes that match your style is almost impossible.

What the fuck is an Xmas?

Partial joking aside, I would love to have a kick ass gaming computer that doubles as a work computer for my web stuff. Something manageable with files for work and something with awesome hardware to play anything newer than 2005 at a decent frame rate.

ArmouredBlood said:

If you don't have a good pc/unlimited availability of one, then it's nice. Also good for carrying around the house and checking on stuff. Don't expect too much more, especially with a cheap one. I got this one as an early Christmas present and it's been pretty good so far.

I'll have to look into that.

That reminds me: I believe this commemorates 20 years of me being online. During Christmas of 1993, we got a brand-new (used) 486SX with Windows 3.0, a hard drive and a blazing fast 1200-baud modem. It took days of trial and error but I was finally able to connect to their servers - and, with the entire family huddled around the computer, I proceeded to read the first ever words from the great big internet: "I LIKE ASS FUCKING ON CHRISTMAS".

It was providence, I feel.

The problem with earphones is that they're fragile by the cord, they easily break on one side eventually.

geo said:

Sadly, I'd like nothing. I never actually want anything. In fact the only thing I want to get gifts for everyone else. However, this year I'll be giving to far less people. Last year, I bought a lot of gifts for my extended family, never went to my family's Christmas, but I had my mom deliver the gifts for me. Not one thank you. I'm still pretty pissed. Another thing that I've learned from the past decade is that I give a lot more than I get. My cousins each have several kids, I give to all of them and I'm just one person. Maybe that's what its like being an adult. Last year I received nothing from my extended family, but maybe its because I wasn't there, but I wasn't there and they still got my gifts.

When Christmas is over, I just always feel so empty.

Wow, sorry to hear that bro. I know this may sound stupid, but have you ever thought about asking them to send you thank you cards? My grandma has asked me and my family to send thank you cards to her this year (I guess we have unfortunately been acting like ungrateful POS's as well). Some people need to be taught etiquette and that when they are given something, they should always say thank you.