Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

kuchitsu said:

How do you approach Heretic mapping anyway? I feel like if I tried it, I would do everything incorrectly because my head is already filled with too many Doom tropes. So my Heretic maps would probably be very "inauthentic" or something.

Good, no need to stick only with conventional ideas.

kuchitsu said:

As usual, BSTONE looks very strange and lonely among the sea of otherwise custom textures...

I agree, thematically and stylistically it feels mismatched there with the dark and contrasty UAC Ultra stuff.

Work in progress, Spiritual Awakening for AeonDM. Unfortunately still a long way to go.

Spoiler

Gotta get these textures more friendly with the palette, but I like the way the water came out though.

So every map in Baculus is finished except for map 30, and I suck at making something 'grand', so I have just been replacing the maps I don't like instead.

Considering just releasing the beta and hoping something will come to me while it's being playtested.

Anyway, heres my map12 replacement.

Spoiler

Crunchynut44 said:

So every map in Baculus is finished except for map 30, and I suck at making something 'grand', so I have just been replacing the maps I don't like instead.

Don't forget to put the replaced maps in some bonus "B-side" compilation. :)

Gez said:

Don't forget to put the replaced maps in some bonus "B-side" compilation. :)

Way ahead of you, the outcasts actually make up half a megawad haha. The maps are just awful though XD

I guess I can make it now... I'm sure there will be many surprises in the process ("can't fit this area in!").

Love seeing map drawings, brings back some very old memories. Now make that drawing become something we all can enjoy :)

Fonze said:

OTOH, hey Katamori, I just finished your wad, Somewhere In Time...

http://i.imgur.com/UwRCmdd.png

Heh, nah jokes aside, it was a lot of fun and a very impressive chocolate map set.

Holy shit, are people still playing it? Thank you very much!

Looks good rdwpa, diggin the stock texture use.

Katamori said:

Holy shit, are people still playing it? Thank you very much!

Yeah man, I was a bit behind on the TWID article; had to play some catch-up, heh. But you did a good job on it; I had enough fun to make that stupid screenie, heh.

Just making new use of stock textures.

These are some bazooms, lady!!

High-tech lights.

Combining texutres and isolating a part of the console makes some new details and textures!

Wobbly metal

Guest Unregistered account
joe-ilya said:

Just making new use of stock textures.

One of the things I always liked about your levels is the strange and creative ways you use textures.
I think those binoculars (?) Extend a bit too far out of the skull's sockets, though. Also looks like they would hamper movement. OhMyGod I just realized they're cartoon-style extending eyeballs - and now the caption fits! xD

It's crazy and I love it.

Gonna listen to the Doom soundtrack, shave my legs, give some honey to my honey, have some butt fun, toast some bread, and open some cans. A day well spent.

Gez said:

Gonna listen to the Doom soundtrack, shave my legs, give some honey to my honey, have some butt fun, toast some bread, and open some cans. A day well spent.

Oh man I laughed hard...

Me and Remmirath have made some experimental doors complete with their own textures. These gifs are clickable for a decent MP4 version with a bearable frame rate.

The first door wouldn't be OSHA-compliant, a hell of a tripping hazard. Too bad a polyobject version wouldn't be possible (at least not without some massively improved polyobject code, or perhaps some ungodly hacks).

Gez said:

The first door wouldn't be OSHA-compliant, a hell of a tripping hazard. Too bad a polyobject version wouldn't be possible (at least not without some massively improved polyobject code, or perhaps some ungodly hacks).

I already figured to do this horizontally it would have to be done as a 3D model where the states are changed via ACS.

...or a polyobject where each half is just a mid-tex perhaps? I could experiment.

EDIT: