Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

1 hour ago, eharper256 said:

Here's the followup video to my previous one, showing the other two fire modes of Heavensever!

Spoiler

Looks great :D Though that portal ability seems extremely potent versus the other one. But I guess the ranged hitscan does have its own merit. Was the portal thing difficult to code?

1 hour ago, jo2ukegappy said:

Wood5Flat5, one texture and one flat map.

Spoiler

Xgais2c.jpg

rdHd86k.jpg

RUfNo9h.jpg

Oof, good luck on that challenge! Light and shadow is your friend I think!

14 minutes ago, Wo0p said:

Looks great :D Though that portal ability seems extremely potent versus the other one. But I guess the ranged hitscan does have its own merit. Was the portal thing difficult to code?

Oof, good luck on that challenge! Light and shadow is your friend I think!

And skyboxes. 

g1vY29s.png

6 minutes ago, ETTiNGRiNDER said:

Opinions on an atmosphere for this map?

gloomymaze1.png.0ecd3a3f71dd65805945610147670e99.pnggloomymaze2.png.bb0bc8191903ed434127691f31515717.png

Gloomy labyrinth, with lightning that flashes the sky red?

foggymaze1.png.2d5d58bfe43eddc2073572bb307e4c21.pngfoggymaze2.png.581095edfabcfb1344e5875ad00b7560.png

or a foggy labyrinth?

It's always fucking amazing to see hexen maps being developed.

Great atmosphere.

4 minutes ago, ETTiNGRiNDER said:

I think they both look good, but in the first shots my immediate though was that the wendigos looked out of place, whereas they don't in the second set.

2 hours ago, Wo0p said:

Not hard to write initially, as I had a clear image in my mind of what I wanted and know most of the code that would be needed (I only had to lookup proximity checking code, really).

It DID take a lot of faff to make it work correctly and not look awful, though, lol. :D

Interestingly, the ranged attack is not a hitscan, but a huggermissile with teleportation bonus effects (you can see this in the video, I'm not directly aiming at the serpents above). This means you can slash directly forwards but still cut a Caco out the air on a totally different elevation without autoaim. I did it this way since it really feels like it's messing with dimensions.

1 hour ago, ETTiNGRiNDER said:

or a foggy labyrinth?

Dark is more classic Hexen. Fog makes some of the colours off; but its a bit different.

I'm generally of the opinion that if you want to go fog, go all out, so you can't see past your nose and then make lots of claustrophobic terrain to maximise the effect.

I'm guessing you're keeping vanilla and can't use some of the funky GZDoom fogs.

1 minute ago, Jayextee said:

Sure Darkmere is all fog, but you also don't see the orange-brick there as much.

I'm pretty sure it's a fact that only 1 in 12 Hexen playthroughs make it past Seven Portals in anycase. :D

1 hour ago, eharper256 said:

I'm guessing you're keeping vanilla and can't use some of the funky GZDoom fogs.

Vanilla Hexen actually lets you specify custom colormaps in MAPINFO, it's just that the fog one is the only alternate that comes in the IWAD.  So other fade colors are possible but how good they'll look depends on the availability of relevant colors in the palette.

Not sure if I still have it on an old disc somewhere or not but at one point I had made a tan fade for a desert sandstorm map, but the desert stuff didn't make the cut when I reorganized the current project.

3 hours ago, ETTiNGRiNDER said:

Gloomy labyrinth, with lightning that flashes the sky red?

or a foggy labyrinth?

If you're okay with drawing some more geometry like shadows, then I favor the no-fog theme.
If you're not gonna draw shadows, fog would suit the map well. (Cuz in reality, there's mostly no shadows <edit> when it's foggy)

But wait, there's more. We also have the final second slot-3 for the Druid, the Protean Seed, which shifts her into a Dryad, coming in 0.99 to complete the set. In Dryad form, the Druid will access to more nature magic abilities and gets a staff.

Check out Walp here!

Edited by eharper256

2 hours ago, NinjaDelphox said:

been revamping some of the E1 Maps for my Ultimate Doom megawad Subsistence, did E1M9 this morning, really happy with how it came out.

The weird angles give me major Bauhaus architecture vibes, and I love it. Very striking.

2 minutes ago, Eradrop said:

Avactor 2 - WIP

Shot.jpg

IMMMHOOOOTEEEEEP!

Awesome shot :O 

Spoiler
59 minutes ago, MObreck said:

Some decent progress on my TC's demo map is being made:

Screenshot_Heretic_20231022_145818.png.858cd359b0627bc45fb4870bba58d863.pngScreenshot_Heretic_20231022_030105.png.3dd3be341da38b3b85d9782177739386.png

Shame static images can't show off the shader glow effects.

I love the look of this. It reminds me of Marathon for some reason. Great job! :)

Here's one from me. 5Spoopy3Me D:

Screenshot_Doom_20231022_230045.png.2082d24308bc9e5cff758ef1c1f48ec5.png

It's always fun to see people work with limited sectors. 

On 10/17/2023 at 1:25 PM, Matt Eldrydge said:

Started to work on my 30 sectors map submission today. Took me a little while, but I figured out what I want to do: forgotten library suspended in darkness. So far I've only used 8/30 sectors.

DQNre0s.png

UpyqR6C.png

qbn5T5G.png

DWqPdog.png

0Qd66wc.png